Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 11:07 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times

Advertisements

Has anyone refuse a bag check by NYPD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 03:26 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,513,836 times
No, they can't arrest you for that. You can always refuse to ride the subway, simply turn around and walk off.

A while ago a cop asked to search my girlfriend's (a lawyer) bag; she asked him if it was compulsory in order to ride the subway and he said no, so she just walked past him.

I think that one cop may have been mistaken though; another cop said a few weeks later that yes, you do have to submit to them or not ride.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:13 PM

14 posts, read 70,422 times
I don't mind getting my bag searched, but for some reason I get picked all the time. When I lived in the Bronx, D train Bedford Park station to be exact, I was picked by different group of cops 3 time a week. That's right, same station, same time (around 8). If there were new group of cops assigned to that location, I got picked again. My office is at midtown so I get searched at midtown subway station sometimes. Now I live at UES and I don't see bag check that often, but if there is one trust me, they will check my bag. By the way, I am average looking and so is my bag.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:18 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,513,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
My nephew who lives in Harlem got a gun to his head in October of last year by 3 cops.
Tell your sensationalist nephew that wants to sound cool to his friends to calm down. The head is a small target and a cop would never aim at it, rather the center of mass.

While still pretty impressive, that isn't quite as cool as "OMG 3 cops totally had guns pointed at my head!"

Old 04-15-2011, 11:33 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
And, let's bring the topic back to bag searches, please.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-15-2011, 11:43 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,812,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Tell your sensationalist nephew that wants to sound cool to his friends to calm down. The head is a small target and a cop would never aim at it, rather the center of mass.

While still pretty impressive, that isn't quite as cool as "OMG 3 cops totally had guns pointed at my head!"
What makes you think you know what cops do?
You don't --you weren't there.
Center of mass... where did you hear that one?
CSI? NYPD Blue?
You don't know WHAT cops do.
Duh.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:45 AM

113 posts, read 263,943 times
I've got nothing in my bag to hide, so I just comply with the cops. Why wouldn't you?? In fact, a few months ago, I had 2 or 3 tampons in my bag (LOL) and the male officer took one look and was flustered. He was like "Um... ok go..." LMAO!!! Funny how feminine products can still make a man uncomfortable...lol.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:37 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaFromQueens View Post
I've got nothing in my bag to hide, so I just comply with the cops. Why wouldn't you?? In fact, a few months ago, I had 2 or 3 tampons in my bag (LOL) and the male officer took one look and was flustered. He was like "Um... ok go..." LMAO!!! Funny how feminine products can still make a man uncomfortable...lol.
No there some areas of the women system most men do not want to know about ..I did learn that after have two daughters in the house

Old 04-16-2011, 12:38 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,623,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
What makes you think you know what cops do?
You don't --you weren't there.
Center of mass... where did you hear that one?
CSI? NYPD Blue?
You don't know WHAT cops do.
Duh.
It does sounds like something a young male could make up. I have a young nephew who lives in a poor hispanic area in Philadelphia and he spread the rumors that he was beat up by the police. Well I talked to him about it and he confess that he made the story up to get more street respect he said. Very weird to make up such stories, but seems like young people like to brag about it. Also I am Hispanic and I got stop and search by the police once when I was visiting my parents late one night in Philadelphia (It is also a distress neighborhood). Maybe they though I had drugs and a gun, which a lot of guys on those streets do. But I comply and everything went fast and smoothly. I had nothing to worry about. But I did what they say and they let me go with no problem. Funny, when I was younger I never got stop, of course the neighborhood was more 'white' and it was much safer. Now days is a bad place really. More police presence.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:40 PM

113 posts, read 263,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
No there some areas of the women system most men do not want to know about ..I did learn that after have two daughters in the house
Lmao!! Very funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City