Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:27 AM

71 posts, read 224,080 times

Advertisements

Next Williamsburg: Bushwick, Brooklyn | Crain's New York Business

New York’s Next Neighborhoods - Robertaville -- New York Magazine

Even the big publishers are talking about it

I gotta agree, I love my neighborhood!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 AM

961 posts, read 2,455,990 times
If Bushwick is becoming the next Williamsburg, than what does that say for Williamsburg which was the next "Lower East Side" of the art scene not long ago? Are the people who made Williamsburg the new art scene being pushed further out? I think Bushwick is a great neighborhood on its own without being the next anything.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:40 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,182,049 times
LOL Bushwick

Old 04-20-2011, 11:12 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,308,697 times
And how long have you been in Bushwick? Or Brooklyn for that matter? What brought you to the community? "The Big Publishers" are supposed to be talking about it...it's all about hype....without the marketing machine behind it, Brooklyn would be a very different place.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:49 AM

I have been living in Bushwick for 4 yrs and grew up in Bensonhurst. I live near Broadway & Myrtle, and i have been very happy residing here. People are friendly and not once have i felt threatened going home at 6pm or 4am. My commute is quick into Manhattan and Williamsburg is also nearby. Everyone likes to say its all marketing and hype, but this neighborhood was changing before all that. I say its more of the convenience, cheap rents and roomy apts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
And how long have you been in Bushwick? Or Brooklyn for that matter? What brought you to the community? "The Big Publishers" are supposed to be talking about it...it's all about hype....without the marketing machine behind it, Brooklyn would be a very different place.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:04 PM

556 posts, read 1,441,049 times
i just read that article...

I have family in Bushwick, but no where near where these changes are hapening. though I did she a purple bike hipster on the block LOL(They did build a decent size apt building on the block)

Funny,, used to just be crackheads walking around, and if you read "The bronx is burning" , they mention Gates Ave, one block over, as having to go with 4 officcers to ANY call.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:09 PM

Where does your family live around? Jogging around Bushwick, I have jogged down to the Jackie Robinson Pkwy, and up around back up through Wyckoff ave and Central ave. I do notice that down by Chauncy the neighborhood starts to look more dangerous, but I think by then, I'm leaving the confines of Bushwick. I notice many people going to work in the mornings and going home after work, so unless your all the way out there, I see most of Bushwick is changing for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestburynLI to BronxnNYC View Post
i just read that article...

I have family in Bushwick, but no where near where these changes are hapening. though I did she a purple bike hipster on the block LOL(They did build a decent size apt building on the block)

Funny,, used to just be crackheads walking around, and if you read "The bronx is burning" , they mention Gates Ave, one block over, as having to go with 4 officcers to ANY call.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:43 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,448,194 times
Oh, sweet Jesus. Another "Bushwick is great!" post. Listen, Bushwick has been on the fringe since the late 1940's when my grandparents did their "moving on up" trek to Flatbush which was considered a nirvana compared to Bushwick. Keep reading the real estate hype, keep convincing yourself it's great. Trust me - you're not going to get many of us on here trying to outbid you on a place there. It's all yours.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 PM

Im sure thats what people said about Williamsburg, Fort Greene, Red Hook and Clinton Hill when those neighborhoods first started getting better. Even Park Slope was a ****hole back then. I put up the links and promote my neighborhood because I'm happy to live here, and maybe someone who is looking for an apt reads it and realize there are other neighborhoods out there besides just Manhattan and the few expensive Brooklyn neighborhoods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Oh, sweet Jesus. Another "Bushwick is great!" post. Listen, Bushwick has been on the fringe since the late 1940's when my grandparents did their "moving on up" trek to Flatbush which was considered a nirvana compared to Bushwick. Keep reading the real estate hype, keep convincing yourself it's great. Trust me - you're not going to get many of us on here trying to outbid you on a place there. It's all yours.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:35 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,614,648 times
I have friends that live in Bushwick. At first I was reluctant to visit them. The way that some people make it sound here on this board, is like there are gangs in many corners or blocks waiting to robbed and attack hipsters or new people. But Last year I went to visit them. My friend is hispanic and his girlfriend is white. They been living there for almost 5 years. But I only know them for almost a year. They love the neighborhood, the changes, the new places to hang out. They said that before they would go to Williamsburg to entertain themselves, but now they like to hang out in Bushwick. I like their apartment. They live in a second floor of a walkup, but they have a very big space. I should visit them again and maybe they can take me out to those new places that they like to hang out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City