Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 04:02 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,216,948 times

Advertisements

I just read about 'Gangs gone wild' in the Post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 04:45 PM

38 posts, read 75,401 times
When you mention the post I have a hard time not believing your being serious

Old 04-23-2011, 05:23 PM

383 posts, read 1,313,935 times
yes i understand what you mean. easter is big for gangs goin crazy in time square and parts of Mid-town. I'd say be on you guard. This coming from someone who use to be in gang. It's usually bloods who do this. The way some people want to prove there loility to the gang is by shooting random people in time square, last year five people where murder. Two where tourist. So i'd say be on you guard, or go spend your time in chelsea or soho.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:51 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,071,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
yes i understand what you mean. easter is big for gangs goin crazy in time square and parts of Mid-town. I'd say be on you guard. This coming from someone who use to be in gang. It's usually bloods who do this. The way some people want to prove there loility to the gang is by shooting random people in time square, last year five people where murder. Two where tourist. So i'd say be on you guard, or go spend your time in chelsea or soho.
There was no one murdered in Times Square last Easter.

However, I would still avoid the area on Easter night. Sounds like kind of a nightmare.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:58 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,211,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
There was no one murdered in Times Square last Easter.

However, I would still avoid the area on Easter night. Sounds like kind of a nightmare.
4 Shot, Dozens Arrested in Midtown Mayhem | NBC New York

No one was murdered, but 4 people were shot within a few blocks of Times Square....in areas that are typically considered very safe.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:08 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
It looks like all the blacks thugs from, South Bronx, NE Bronx, Harlem, Jamaica Queens, Bville, Bedstuy, and EnY gonna be in Midtown tomorrow causing a storm. Sadly enought I work near by at nightime. I will be extra vigilant. To be on the safe side wear pink instead of red and blue.

This is nothing new, one time I was around times square there was some baptist church thing going on around there I was with some friends on way to a lounge. Wow I saw to guy on the floor stabbed and he was nicely dressed, probably attending that church thing. Cops everywhere running even Port Authority police assisted the NYPD to quile the violence. I shook my head and kept on moving. If anything at least tourist get a taste of the rough and wild side of NYC without visiting the wildside in the confines of Bloombergs disney world!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:09 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,071,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
4 Shot, Dozens Arrested in Midtown Mayhem | NBC New York

No one was murdered, but 4 people were shot within a few blocks of Times Square....in areas that are typically considered very safe.
Yes, I know that. The poster above me said 5 people were murdered when that is incorrect. A fact is a fact. Let's try to stick to them as long as we know them.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:10 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
I never head of 5 people being murdered, Maybe 5 were murdered in Brooklyn or maybe the Borough of the Bronx which you viciously hate on!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:56 PM

88,293 posts, read 84,292,537 times
On Easter the gangs dress as giant bunnies and carry huge baskets with AK-47s in them. Be vewwy, vewwy quiet if you go to Times Square.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:59 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,351,590 times
This is NOT a JOKE......I would not go near or around TS on Easter. Every year a riot breaks out an it become bloody. The Bloods and the Cripts are 2 of many gangs who endorse this an follow it out. http://gothamist.com/2011/04/23/nypd_prepares_for_possible_easter_n.php

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...se-youths-cops

LAST YEAR

Last edited by 30STM; 04-23-2011 at 09:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City