Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,975 times

Advertisements

I Know That You All Probably Get This Stuff All The Time But Im Moving To Ny With My Husband In Like 2 Weeks.....i Would Like To Move By The Time My Son Starts His First Year In School. My Husband Owns His Own Business And Will Be Opening Up An Office In Either Queens Or Brooklyn. I Currently Live In Wisconsin And I Have Two Young Children And Ive Heard Nothing But Bad Things About New York So Im Kinda Scared To Leave. It Would Really Help Me Out If Someone Could Let Me Know Where Some Nice Places To Raise A Family Are.....anything At Least Within 20-25 Miles Of Queens Or Brooklyn. If Any Of You Come Across A 3 Bedroom Apt. Or House For Rent Please Send Me A Link.......thanks So Much!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 02:48 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
2 young children...how appropriate!

Old 08-01-2007, 05:04 PM

77 posts, read 430,122 times
Smile How long in Wisconsin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVIN2NY View Post
I Know That You All Probably Get This Stuff All The Time But Im Moving To Ny With My Husband In Like 2 Weeks.....i Would Like To Move By The Time My Son Starts His First Year In School. My Husband Owns His Own Business And Will Be Opening Up An Office In Either Queens Or Brooklyn. I Currently Live In Wisconsin And I Have Two Young Children And Ive Heard Nothing But Bad Things About New York So Im Kinda Scared To Leave. It Would Really Help Me Out If Someone Could Let Me Know Where Some Nice Places To Raise A Family Are.....anything At Least Within 20-25 Miles Of Queens Or Brooklyn. If Any Of You Come Across A 3 Bedroom Apt. Or House For Rent Please Send Me A Link.......thanks So Much!!!
If you have never lived anywhere but Wisconsin you are going to have some culture shock. I don't mean that as a bad thing; but I lived all my life in MI and spent the last 8 years here on Long Island and it's very, very, very different! I do know of a 2-bedroom co-op for sale in Queens but I'm not sure you'd really like it there. If you want to send me a private message I could give you some details. It is for sale now but the owners might rent it out to you. It sounds very nice; a lady who is a secretary for a college department is selling it after her dad passed away. It's just a suggestion if you want more info I'd be happy to get it to you.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:14 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
Yes, people love to hate NYC. It's a great place to raise kids. The diversity here is amazing. Diversity is good for your kids. Educational opporunities are great with Ivy League schools. The NYC area is the best place in the world to raise kids, imo. Kids who grow up in NYC are ready to take on the world at age 9, while small town 18 year old kids would be running scared from the big city and would be too scared to leave the small town.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:41 AM

2 posts, read 12,311 times
Just because your husband in opening his business in the boroughs doesn't mean that you have to live there either. You can also look "upstate" in Westchester or Putnam counties. The commute will be something for your husband to consider for sure but the lifestyle might be more of what you're used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City