U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-15-2012, 04:10 PM

842 posts, read 711,868 times
The dirtiness and over crowdiness are annoying but I hate the COL the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 04:53 PM

7,983 posts, read 6,575,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Well no city or place is perfect n.y isn't for everybody and that's why 97% of americans don't live there
New york is still a very old city the new cities that people are moving too including new yorkers are atlanta miami & vegas with atlanta and vegas neck in neck atlanta is now the hip hop capital and vegas is on par with L.A & times square far as entertainment miami i heard is building skyscrapers and trump towers than throw in the new super team the heat and it's alot of money booming in the mia
New york has been on top for a very long time and you can't believe the hype until you visit
The nypd is one of the most racist and dangerous cops in the nation they shoot black men over 50 times and nothing ever happens in new york to be technical people from other places make new york great the jamaicans brought hip hop puerto ricans brought flavor malcolm x came from the midwest bumpy johnson came from the south black panthers from california, but through it all millions of people make new york city home every place needs an upgrade but like i said new york isn't fit for everybody the smell rats and dirty subway is what makes it great lol
I agree, for an American city NYC is old and its mostly urban, very dyostopian with dirty streets, polar opposite classes, police on every corner. Some of my fellow classmates who were in my graduating class in college moved to smaller cities throughout America while only a small few remained here in NYC. They moved to the same cities where out of town white Transplants who move to NYC come from. I'm heavly contemplating on moving to a smaller American city for better , col, qol, jobs and dating prospects.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:44 PM

77 posts, read 69,276 times
The superficiality I see every time I go into the middle parts of Manhattan.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:39 PM

221 posts, read 85,068 times
Yup yup out with the old in with the new

Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 PM

7,983 posts, read 6,575,631 times
This guy sums it up.

Pros and Cons of New York City - YouTube

Old 07-15-2012, 08:03 PM

2,665 posts, read 2,012,703 times
quality of life is sh1t unless you're a multi millionaire and even then
Dirty, run-down, overcrowded, overcongested and overexpensive.

Example:
I don't care for theaters, museums and 24/7 entertainment when I can't afford noth but a gutter studio and can't drive and park anywhere for sh1t. Subway is not that great.

I don't hate NYC though (prolly cuz I don't live there). It's great to visit, wild out and GTFO.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:33 PM

1,066 posts, read 921,290 times
People who move here and either 1) complain about crowding, dirtiness (it's really not that bad), and noise or 2) don't adapt to local etiquette (slow walkers in groups that block the sidewalk, not stepping out of a crowded subway train to let people off to speed up the boarding process/move onto the train before others get off/block the doors etc).

Old 07-15-2012, 09:56 PM

2,728 posts, read 3,214,807 times
The people.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:39 PM

7 posts, read 3,931 times
Knicks, where old men reunion...

Old 07-15-2012, 11:08 PM

2,734 posts, read 3,019,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The man speaks the truth... And I don't know why it's the case but for some reason the non-immigrant second and third generation New York women are so difficult it's ridiculous...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City