Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 10:29 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times

Advertisements

Man I just watched the full video... I guess I had never seen the whole story... It really makes me ashamed of my race... especially that loser abel ortiz that's saying that an injustice was made by him going to jail... an injustice for him, the people and puerto rico... no the only injustice was that the rest were not jailed for life...

And to the ignorant and heartless folks that were saying that the women hyped them up by acting trashy, and grinding on the dudes... IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THEY DID... NOTHING THEY COULD'VE DONE WARRANTED THAT...

Also, something everyone needs to understand, is that when a mob like that corners a woman asking them to do something, more than likely they are scared to death about what can happen if they don't appease the crowd so they go along with it...

Thankfully, the puertorican day parade hasn't had an incident like that since... and hopefully it never will... To the women out there... protect yourselves... don't do anything to draw attention during that time... unfortunately people like that still roam the streets... just read the comments from that video to see...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 02:03 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,525 times
I watched the entire vid. I noticed that some of the girls were ok with the splashing and the attention until the numbers of men got too much. Also, the girl with the green top should have left after the first incident but decided to stay even after getting sexually assualted . Also, there were ladies that were watching the sexual assualt of others but remain at the park see 19:40 - 19:55 for example. Not sure if after the assualt if any of the ladies called the cops but the 2 on 28:55-30:00 did not. Also police presence was extremely bad. I believe intense security and checkpoints were established after this incident.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:58 AM

25 posts, read 52,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Man I just watched the full video... I guess I had never seen the whole story... It really makes me ashamed of my race... especially that loser abel ortiz that's saying that an injustice was made by him going to jail... an injustice for him, the people and puerto rico... no the only injustice was that the rest were not jailed for life...

And to the ignorant and heartless folks that were saying that the women hyped them up by acting trashy, and grinding on the dudes... IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THEY DID... NOTHING THEY COULD'VE DONE WARRANTED THAT...

Also, something everyone needs to understand, is that when a mob like that corners a woman asking them to do something, more than likely they are scared to death about what can happen if they don't appease the crowd so they go along with it...

Thankfully, the puertorican day parade hasn't had an incident like that since... and hopefully it never will... To the women out there... protect yourselves... don't do anything to draw attention during that time... unfortunately people like that still roam the streets... just read the comments from that video to see...
Its not ignorant or heartless at all, that parade attracts that type of behavior partially because the women who go to that parade act promiscuously and enjoy the attention they get from men when they do it. Lets be honest, many of the guys that go to that parade know or care very little about Puerto Rico, they're going cause they expect certain behavior from the women there.

The day of the Puerto Rican day parade I've seen the women wear next to nothing, I've seen women dry humping with multiple men, I've seen women flash crowds, I've seen women shake their butts for men with video cameras, and that was just in central park where I and many others take our kids during the weekend. And I'm not talking just the 2000 parade when the big attacks happened, thats every single year.

Thing is I could care less if women want to go to the parade and partake in that stuff, its a free country and they can do what they want. Unfortunately it spilled out to the rest of NY and a lot of innocent women, especially foreign female tourists were targetted and molested by those riled up scumbags. And the problem is history can easily repeat it self because the same things and type of people still attended the PR day parade. The men that act like animals deserve most of the blame, but the women who act trashy also share some responsibility.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:08 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,589,334 times
Quote:
Man I just watched the full video... I guess I had never seen the whole story... It really makes me ashamed of my race... especially that loser abel ortiz
2 pr women @ my old job were discussing the pr day parade (discussion was in english they'd almost always converse in english as a respect thing) and one said to the other: "i'm supposed to be proud of this?" with a crinkled nose. lol

Old 05-20-2011, 10:49 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Seems like all the parades always have some sort of craziness. One year on Eastern Parkway (West Indian Parade), I saw a man beating another with a sugarcane! Why can't some folk behave? These parades are great traditions, and the "elements" always have to mess it up!

Old 05-20-2011, 01:14 PM

479 posts, read 1,442,483 times
Ok I am trying to understand this. Why only the few 'white' Latinos were persecuted for these crimes? After looking at the whole video, most of the guys seem like they were Black or (Black Latinos?) doing a lot of the touching and grabbing. Why are many of these guys not in jail too?

Old 05-20-2011, 06:41 PM

317 posts, read 578,637 times
To member deevel79. I am a current resident at the North Rose/ Boricua Village complex. Ive been here for 8 months. I am a little bothered by the comment you made for one of your reasons for declining the apt. The statement you made saying that "it was a shocker" that 2 of the 4 buildings were designated to low income/ section 8 families bothered me. I reside in one of those buildings. No I do not recieve section 8 but I was laid off from my city job last April that I have had for over 7 years. Thank God I had a hefty savings nest. I too like you use to turn my nose up to low income/ section 8 people. Frustrated that they would get into these brand new apts and never maintained them, where as middle income people like myself had to pay 1300 a month in rent. With that said you have every right to feel the way you feel but what I can say about my building and especially my floor is that whatever you felt about people that werent on you financial level is so far from the truth and I'm very glad because I have always taken pride in where I live. It takes both the tenants and the management to maintain the property and for management to appropriately handle anyone that are doing things to bring it down. Being on the flipside of the coin I've learned it isnt smart to judge a book by its cover and also everything you have today can be gone tomorrow. On that note I wish you all the best on your apt search.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:46 PM

169 posts, read 344,219 times
[quote=anon1;19199960]\

quote]
well as a woman i would have to say if they were grinding on these dudes then yes they deserved it... grinding your booty on someone gets them aroused its a sexual act
sorry but I keep that for the bedroom

Old 05-20-2011, 07:23 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
@ lil_mama... so if you're dancing a song with a guy that gives 50 other dudes the right to rip off your clothing and rape you... good to know... I never thought of it that way...

for those that keep on bringing up what I said... I am not condoning what the women did cause they did unintentionally rile them up the wrong way... that being said, I stand by my point that it doesn't give anyone the right to physically harm the women because of it and act like animals... I will always by that point...

Old 05-20-2011, 08:22 PM

169 posts, read 344,219 times
Quote:
@ lil_mama... so if you're dancing a song with a guy that gives 50 other dudes the right to rip off your clothing and rape you... good to know... I never thought of it that way...

for those that keep on bringing up what I said... I am not condoning what the women did cause they did unintentionally rile them up the wrong way... that being said, I stand by my point that it doesn't give anyone the right to physically harm the women because of it and act like animals... I will always by that point...
No not saying that I'm just saying a parade is not the floor of a club and its not the bedroom either also they were grinding on the men that attacked them stupid chicks bit off a lil more than they could chew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City