Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 11:39 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times

Advertisements

Okay before I was giving your comments merit... now I just realize that you just don't comprehend the english language... you'll probably think that's racist too... First off I was speaking about teachers living on a $50,000 salary in NYC... had nothing to do with anything... second off, according to you the only people that live in the projects are blacks and hispanics... hmmm once again, I'm the one who is racist...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 11:39 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,588,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datduzit View Post
Labeling school children? Are you for real? You think you're better than someone else? You sound like a douche and prob smell like a used tampon.
datduzit, you've got anon1 all wrong. i do think you have reading comprehension issues because if you scroll up (on page 1), you'll see it was the OP who said ghetto kids,not anon1

Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 AM

13 posts, read 26,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
This will be the last time I'm responding to you because you obviously don't understand anything that you read... I mentioned gentrification effects now since that is a hot button issue that is affecting me as well... I was born and raised in East New York and the reason why I became a teacher was because I saw so many (yes, ghetto kids, I was one as well early on) mess up their lives at a young age and didn't give education a chance because they felt they had no chance of succeeding in a world that viewed them in such a negative way... And this goes for any race, color, ethnicity, religion, whatever else you prefer...

And i'll admit this was a bit naive at first but I had this idea before that if they were to see someone like myself that was able to be from that environment and make a life for himself impacting people in a positive way that it would have a rub-off effect (I say naive at the time, because there are many others that have done that as well)...

So before you go judging people and jumping to conclusions, read carefully first everything I wrote cause nothing there indicated race or anything else you accused me of speaking about...
Just stop with the semantics. If you have a BS Ed then you should know better. And, for the record, perhaps I got a lil angry at your initial post and call you names ... if you were offended then it might have been inappropriate of me.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:44 AM

@ grimace I did say ghetto kids in my first comment which in retrospect was probably a poor choice of words, but if he were to actually read my comment it had nothing to do with talking about minorities... honestly I read the OP's final comments wrong when she said I teach ghetto kids here... I originally thought she was telling people that she was okay with teaching ghetto kids which is why I brought it up in the first place but once I read it again I realized what she meant...

that being said, datduzit took my comments and completely misread everything about them and it seemed as if he was twisting them on purpose to prove his point...

Old 05-19-2011, 11:48 AM

LMBO @ semantics... when you were the one who dissected the meaning of my wording the whole time... so after you insult me thoroughly, you now say that maybe I took your comments wrong and let's stop arguing over the semantics... man you are braindead... I'm sorry but maybe you touched a nerve and I am sensitive about this topic but you really need to think before you write something... I'm officially done with this thread...

Old 05-19-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
datduzit, you've got anon1 all wrong. i do think you have reading comprehension issues because if you scroll up (on page 1), you'll see it was the OP who said ghetto kids,not anon1
Yeah well maybe I did. I might have confused him with the OP nonetheless "anon1" should have not repeated her comments and seemingly condoning it. I'm far from brain dead my friend.
My sister and nephew are both teachers. They work very hard and of course they deal with lot of challenging kids (even the parents are tough) but you simply dont refer to them as "ghetto kids". The connotation here is well implied.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:58 AM

175 posts, read 487,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datduzit View Post
Yeah well maybe I did. I might have confused him with the OP nonetheless "anon1" should have not repeated her comments and seemingly condoning it. I'm far from brain dead my friend.
My sister and nephew are both teachers. They work very hard and of course they deal with lot of challenging kids (even the parents are tough) but you simply dont refer to them as "ghetto kids". The connotation here is well implied.

To be fair, as a teacher, you have to classify your kids into like 20 categories. So kids are nothing more than statistics to the education system which I think we can all agree on, sucks ass. Ghetto kid or not.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
DUDE STOP MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE MORE OF AN IDIOT... OP= ORIGINAL POSTER... look to see who posted originally... wow what a moron...
look at my edited post douchebag ... does it really matter who started calling out ghetto kids first? I took up the issue with your post. You still sound ignorant for a wanna teacher.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkFriedRice View Post
To be fair, as a teacher, you have to classify your kids into like 20 categories. So kids are nothing more than statistics to the education system which I think we can all agree on, sucks ass. Ghetto kid or not.
I've heard that too. One time I was helping my sister grade some tests (she teaches spec needs) and I used a red pen, she nearly had a heart attack.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:12 PM

I removed that post because it was unnecessary... But the thing is, I take my career and what people consider of me as an educator very serious... and when someone makes such a ridiculous accusation such as yourself, I take issue with it... As I mentioned before, when I originally read the OP's comments it seemed as if she was saying that she wouldn't mind teaching ghetto kids...

Granted that was a poor choice of words but it is what it is... You took up a fight with the wrong person... I was merely commenting on her point...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City