Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:05 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,957 times

Advertisements

I took a personal day today and was out messing around head to Strands bookstore to get some books i wanted to buy .. i was going into the subway after lunch and was stopped by the NYPD before going into the subway ..

the only question i got asked was why the police flashlight ..i asked her would she like to help a carry a 275 pd person who is my size out of the subway tunnel in total darkness if the power goes out down there and can not see where you put your footing inside the tunnel and you mess up your ankle or breaks a leg down there ..

that seam to answer her question and then i was told have a nice day by officer G and i was on my way down into the subway entance and i catch my train to the stop i was going to get off at the bookstore block
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 06:33 AM

979 posts, read 4,457,300 times
They didn't ask you about the
Quote:
headlamp with batties in own stowage case
?
I can understand why they didn't ask about the baby wipes given today is the day of Rapture, just in case you soil yourself. Hell I think Ill carry some baby wipes today just in case, aloe included of course.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:12 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Henry,
Was the police flashlight visible?

modquad,
Don't worry. I have it on good authhority that NOBODY from NYC will be raptured up today. Only 2 Mormons from Salt Lake City, a Scientologist from LA and a clerk from Best Buy somewhere in Indiana so far. Nobody who would be missed.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:23 AM

979 posts, read 4,457,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Henry,

modquad,
Don't worry. I have it on good authhority that NOBODY from NYC will be raptured up today. Only 2 Mormons from Salt Lake City, a Scientologist from LA and a clerk from Best Buy somewhere in Indiana so far. Nobody who would be missed.
All the more reason to carry baby wipes (aloe included)

Old 05-21-2011, 09:12 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
On the other hand, suppose you dropped the flashlight in the subway, and fell onto the track bed while bending down to pick it up...

Old 05-21-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Henry,

modquad,
since i'm LDS or Mormon ..i find the whole thing of the world ending today like ok it going to end then i got no problem going to meet my maker in heaven

Old 05-21-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsquad81 View Post
They didn't ask you about the ?
I can understand why they didn't ask about the baby wipes given today is the day of Rapture, just in case you soil yourself. Hell I think Ill carry some baby wipes today just in case, aloe included of course.

i have been some of our fair city bathroom useing them and found out the tp was not in the stall and i'm not going to go and ask for the item without haveing finished my business first and the paperwork second ..

heck i know someone who keeps a roll of toliet paper in a ziplock plastic bag in her daypack because of alot of bathroom in places do not have tp in them .

you can laugh all you want i see some people on the subway that i sure as heck do not want to carry them out of the subway because they could not see where they had put them feet down in the area of the tracks ..

Old 05-21-2011, 02:36 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
i have been some of our fair city bathroom useing them and found out the tp was not in the stall and i'm not going to go and ask for the item without haveing finished my business first and the paperwork second ..

heck i know someone who keeps a roll of toliet paper in a ziplock plastic bag in her daypack because of alot of bathroom in places do not have tp in them .

you can laugh all you want i see some people on the subway that i sure as heck do not want to carry them out of the subway because they could not see where they had put them feet down in the area of the tracks ..
If I was a cop, I think I'd be afraid to stop and search you. You carry way too much stuff around--as if you thought it was possible to be prepared for anything. Hint: it isn't. Sometimes you just have to react to the situation at hand.

And in case you want something else to think about, try this: in a real emergency, if other people see that you've got stuff they wish they had, don't be surprised if you get mugged for some of it. People aren't always nice and polite in real emergencies.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:36 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
You carry one of those big police flashlights around with you?

Old 05-21-2011, 06:38 PM

here is the model i carrie with me all the time and most LEO know the brand as a major law enforcement officer flashlight
Attached Thumbnails
I was stoped and seached today by the NYPD-m2_hand_xlarge2_905.png  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City