Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 02:50 PM

961 posts, read 2,460,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam321 View Post
The next thing you will see men kissing men and women kissing other women in the public places where our kids would see that. How you like it if your kids' teacher is gay and his/her lover come to the classroom and they kiss each other in front of your children. One way or the other, it will have an impact on our kids.
Even if I were in support of what you said, this makes absoloutely no sense. There are gay teachers in NYC, there are gay people kissing in public places. I think all kissing and sexual behavior in front of kids be it same sex or heterosexual has the same affect. Little kids shouldn't be kissing each other period.

I don't give a sh#@ about two guys holding hands in front of my kid when he should have no concept of sex anyway. I don't like people smoking in front of kids, drinking in front of them, or cursing very loudly in front of them, but it happens and who does it.....heterosexual couples!

I'm not going to lie, yes I'm a little homophobic in spite of having gay friends and a gay roomate in the past, but I see that as my problem not theirs.Gay marriage does not affect me or you, all it does is make a few people happy and feel human for once. And if your kid thinks its "iky", so be it, show him a video of his own birth then let him decide whats "iky". Thats life....

Old 05-23-2011, 03:16 PM

37 posts, read 77,154 times
How many of you who replied to my post are actually gay? I started this thread because the Governor of New York wants to legalize the same sex marriage which is wrong and it should be banned.
Plus, gay people are engaging risky sexual behavior, when they get sick, who is going to pay for their medical bills. Just my common sense.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:20 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,916,518 times
Dude - get real! Marriage is not that holy and it’s not really working out in our society! What happens in your bedroom should stay in your bedroom. (This goes for straight, gays, trannys, etc) Your sexuality should NOT define your character but sadly in our society we have created stigmas about sexual preferences. As long as a person does not interfere in my life in a negative way being mentally, physically or emotionally then I have no issues. Yes, they are some gays that are a little bit too annoying but they are also countless straights that are just as annoying. I believe they are worse things negatively affecting the minds of children like ignorance (which clearly you have displayed), violence, drugs, wars, guns, obesity, etc.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:26 PM

9,242 posts, read 24,023,373 times
Quote:
.................................................. .................................................. ............................. Just my common sense.
Too funny! You haven't said anything that makes any sense at all.

I'm not gay but I certainly want the option of marrying another guy if I fall in love with one.

That's why I decided to support gay marriage.I thought " if I was gay,would I want the right to get married?" The answer was yes and my mother brought me up to always treat other human beings the way I would want to be treated if I were in their shoes.
A lot of questions in life can be answered that way.Just ask yourself the simple question: How would I feel if it were me? The only hard part is being honest with yourself.

Last edited by bluedog2; 05-23-2011 at 03:42 PM..

Old 05-23-2011, 03:35 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,561,972 times
I happen to be in a lesbian relationship and laughed at how silly some of the comments on here are. Honestly, opinions like the OP's don't really bother me or my partner. We could really care less if marriage is legalized or not. What matters is that we still have the same legal rights to a certain extent. I do not believe gays should raise children (adopt, etc.) because I think a child is best raised in an environment where there is a mom and a dad. I do not believe it is healthy for them as it goes against nature. But if they happen to see two men or two women holding hands while walking down the street, to me that is a loving and caring gesture and I don't see anything wrong with it. There is too little love expressed openly in the world today IMO. Whichever form it happens to appear in is a good and positive thing as long as it's within the boundaries of good taste.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:40 PM

518 posts, read 1,577,217 times
Quote:
The next thing you will see men kissing men and women kissing other women in the public places where our kids would see that. How you like it if your kids' teacher is gay and his/her lover come to the classroom and they kiss each other in front of your children. One way or the other, it will have an impact on our kids.
I would be outraged! As far as I know, teachers and staff are the ONLY people allowed in classrooms. there should be NO REASON a spouse/significant other would not only show up to a classroom, but then display inappropriate behavior.... It's really uninformed/pandering comments like this that whip up fear and skew the argument.

- "what do you tell your kids?" Whatever you want - raise your damn kids! life is full of stuff you may not agree with. I happen to not believe in organized religion - but I don't think people are stupid for going to church - THATS WHAT MAKES THEM HAPPY.

To the OP: Stop trying to prevent people from living their lives. I Am SO SICK of this - as a person who is happily married AND has gay friends - not one time has a gay person threatened the holiness or sanctity of my marriage - Marriage is not for everyone, but NO ONE but my husband and I can "ruin" our marriage.

YOU HAVE TO TEACH KIDS TO HATE - THEY DONT COME OUT THAT WAY.

sorry I yelled...its just SO tiring....

Old 05-23-2011, 03:43 PM

684 posts, read 1,813,260 times
Quote:
How many of you who replied to my post are actually gay? I started this thread because the Governor of New York wants to legalize the same sex marriage which is wrong and it should be banned.
Plus, gay people are engaging risky sexual behavior, when they get sick, who is going to pay for their medical bills. Just my common sense.
Your ignorance is astounding....SMH

Old 05-23-2011, 03:44 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,580,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
if they happen to see two men or two women holding hands while walking down the street, to me that is a loving and caring gesture and I don't see anything wrong with it. There is too little love expressed openly in the world today IMO. Whichever form it happens to appear in is a good and positive thing as long as it's within the boundaries of good taste.
I wonder how the Europeans feel about all this. They're so liberal.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:50 PM

9,242 posts, read 24,023,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
................ I do not believe gays should raise children (adopt, etc.) because I think a child is best raised in an environment where there is a mom and a dad..........
This is so silly.What's important is that both parents instill the right values in their children. Do you think it is better for children to grow up in a household like Arnold Schwarzenegger's,where they now know their father was screwing the help and that they have a bastard 1/2 brother( at least one),because it was a house with a female mother and a male father ? How absurd.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:52 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,819,005 times
Quote:
Name a disease you can get from lesbian sex besides herpes...

None right?

No fluid are exchanged.

But what do I know. I am a woman and I belong in the kitchen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City