Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 06:37 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhkus View Post
Hmm, why does it seem like most of these stories involving the subway occur on the F train? I've been on that train numerous times, and I don't get how it could be the 'craziest' of the trains.

Unless the city-data readership is heavily from Queens?
I wonder which borough got the craziest stories, especially regarding the Subway.

Speaking of the subway, when I was reading a thread talking about all of the wild and interesting things going on the NYC Subway, it seemed like a majority of the stories took place in Brooklyn and the Bronx. I did catch some posts talking about crazy subway encounters in Manhattan and Queens, but BK and BX and seemed to have stood out to me the most. Staten Island wasn't even mentioned though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
It's called throat f'ing and if you have the right girl, can be glorious.
She got the ill deep throat lol

Old 02-28-2014, 09:20 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,014 times
Long time ago I saw a man in a empty train-car doing a back-walkover continuously, back and forth and non stop, and to add he had a Vincent Schiavelli hairdo.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:12 AM

Any others?

Old 06-15-2015, 05:26 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
This was back in the 90s. There used to be a guy who had fashioned himself a head-to-toe costume out of aluminum cans and he rode a unicycle. This was downtown near the WTC.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:28 PM

781 posts, read 1,195,839 times
Was at Pacha nightclub (way back when it was SF), and a guy out of nowhere decided to jump off the second floor skywalk onto the dance floor. Had to be at least a 15 foot descent, he landed face down. The sound of the fall was unreal. A moment or two later, (after a group had huddled around him out of concern), he just brushed himself off, wandered off into the distance. I'm convinced he was part cat.

Took the bus one day from the NYU Langone area where I was interning, en route Penn Station. Granted, it wasn't a far walk, however, it was incredibly hot outside, and, even though it was rush hour and the bus was beyond slow, the air conditioning made up for the tremendous lag. I took a seat near a woman with a baby, (maybe a bit over a year old, he wasn't talking yet.) The child was mesmerized by a nearby passenger's curly hair--and, I watched as the little baby grabbed the nearby woman's curls, which clearly the baby did out of curiosity, all while his mother wasn't paying attention. It was a totally innocent gesture. However, the passenger with the curly hair was not amused. It set her off. Before I knew it, she started loudly screaming at the mother with the baby, publicly shaming her, it escalated pretty quickly, to the point where they both ended up spitting in each other's faces (mind you, this is all like 2 feet away from me), and getting into a full mode brawl on the bus, kicking, hair pulling, it was insane. I somehow managed to escape the bus from hell and walked the rest of the way to Penn, lol. Haven't been on an MTA bus since.

A day or two after September 11--the wall of Union Square missing people flyers.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:00 PM

431 posts, read 659,273 times
A homeless woman taking a dump on the downtown platform at 59th Street in the morning. I couldn't eat for days. lol...

Seeing a man get punched in the face on the C train. Seeing that scared me to death.

Seeing homeless people in the subway tunnels. The A and D trains were running local on a weekend and the trains were really slow. As we were creeping down to 59th Street I saw people sleeping on the sides of the tunnel. Never noticed this before.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:30 PM

292 posts, read 568,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
On that same day, a few hours after said skyscrapers fell down, a woman handed me a flyer with a coupon for two dollars off per yard at a nearby fabric store. I was covered with WTC dust. Perhaps I looked as though what I really wanted to do at that moment was sew.
She might have been doing this out of
pure shock and trauma instead of a desire to
hand out coupons. People often act in strange and
bizarre ways during and after a traumatic event.

(a movie example that just came to mind, was in the TV movie "The Day After" (1983), where the farmer's wife continued to make the beds even
though nuclear attack was imminent)

Old 12-07-2015, 12:26 AM

181 posts, read 205,872 times
I've seen a handful of things. I guess this isn't that bad in comparison to most people's stories but I was on the L once on a Friday night and some couple came on the train and started having sex on the seats next to some older woman.

Another thing I can remember is I saw a guy get squeezed between two cars in Murray Hill (one was going in the opposition direction and another was turning), I thought he was a goner for sure but they just brushed him I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City