Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 08:37 AM

446 posts, read 997,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
When was this... this sounds like a 90s type of incident... alot of crazies out in manhattan during that time...
Ha! This was in September 2009!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 08:52 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,262,911 times
See crazier stuff now in 2011 than I did in the 90's, like middle class whites moving into the hood and having bbq's in the front of their brownstones while dealers are slinging rock down the corner.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:19 AM

49 posts, read 90,287 times
First time ever in NYC, June 2010... being in the subway for the first time, look across and seeing a homeless guy on the subway jerking off while looking at me with a weird smile on his face. Brrrr.... weird. Although I guess now I read this thread it's not so uncommon. LOL

Old 06-03-2011, 11:39 AM

1,494 posts, read 2,722,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinfabuleux View Post
First time ever in NYC, June 2010... being in the subway for the first time, look across and seeing a homeless guy on the subway jerking off while looking at me with a weird smile on his face. Brrrr.... weird. Although I guess now I read this thread it's not so uncommon. LOL

LOL! Welcome to NYC!

Old 06-03-2011, 04:57 PM

546 posts, read 1,177,141 times
The craziest thing I've seen in NYC was not really when I was there, but I watched a youtube video of Stuyvesant town, and there, there is a light in the hallway that is full of yellow pee. I don't know how it got there.

In terms of the craziest thing I saw, there was a guy in front of me who was openly smoking marijuana when my brother and I were walking from New York Comic Con to our hotel. It was crazy becuase I never smelled or saw an actual joint in real life. I was afraid he would get arrested but I didn't know what happened to him later.

Another crazy thing was when I went to the restaurant called "Restaurant Ninja" in Tribeca. There I saw a guy who was a magician who literally made a rubber band go through another rubber band, like it got phased through it and went through it. Another was making my brother do a karate chop to break some food thing in the restaurant, it made a total mess.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:17 AM

49 posts, read 90,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonost View Post
LOL! Welcome to NYC!
LOL still had the best time of my life :-)

Old 06-04-2011, 06:54 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
In the morning, there are people hanging out on the benches around the outside of Madison Square Park. A few are crazies, and some go there after the methadone maintenance clinic in the area.

Came to work one day last fall and there was a cop car by the park, and on the bench in a sitting position was a body with a white sheet over it. I kept looking out the window from my office building. It was weird--the body covered with the sheet was there for a while and people were just walking along, going to work, and then you'd see them glance at the body, slow down for a second, and then just keep walking.

After 9/11 when Homeland Security said that thing about possible bioterrorism attacks and everyone ran out and bought plastic sheeting and duct tape to cover their windows, I saw a guy on 42nd Street wearing an entire Muslim-type outfit--the long robe, pants and a cap--constructed completely out of black plastic and duct tape.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:34 PM

86 posts, read 247,359 times
Last night at around 9 pm I was in Christopher Park when I saw a 50 something year old guy start break dancing...badly....with no music playing...and when he was done he couldnt get up. He laid on the ground until someone came over and pulled him up. It was really hilarious but I didnt break out into laughter cause I was afraid the street people would beat me with their crackpipes. One weekday during my lunchbreak I saw a 60 to 70 year old drag queen walking down the sidewalk...full makeup, dress, heels, etc....just going about his business...just another day in NYC. One day after work I saw a guy with a cat sitting on his head...a real live cat. And he was getting mad when someone was trying to take a pic. Like, really...youre in NYC with a cat on your head and you dont think people are gonna wanna take your pic? Another time during lunch I saw 2 different people in 2 different areas smoking weed while they were walking down the sidewalk.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:34 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
One of the craziest things: South Bronx about 1993, a man stabbed in the stomach starts to act violent when the cops arriwe before the EMS. They have to handcuff him and he's bleeding like hell. Then off to Lincoln with him when the ambulance arriwes. He survived.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:43 PM

769 posts, read 2,051,181 times
I once saw a minivan lose control on the UES while I was walking. It hit 4 parked cars and then ended up on the sidewalk, at the corner that I had just passed 10 seconds before. Luckily no one was injured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City