U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 10:53 PM

10 posts, read 23,190 times
this isn't the craziest thing i've ever seen in NYC but it's the only thing i can remember from the top of my head. I was walking with my friend on my block and we see a gigantic Shaquille O'neal looking guy walking towards us, we were around 12-13yrs old so we were like "wtf?" he comes up nicely and shows us the most beautiful puppy i have ever seen in my life and says "hey guys i'm selling this puppy for $50". I swear i would have bought it if i had the money. he just walked away nicely and i guess went home to Astoria projects since i live a few blocks away from it. But i remember it being so random and the guy was od brolic lmao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 06:41 AM

40,060 posts, read 19,134,453 times
I used to think that the craziest thing I'd ever seen in the city is the annual Mermaid Parade in Coney Island. But lately, there's a new annual event...ever see the Brooklyn Idiotarod?

Old 11-28-2011, 10:59 AM

5,475 posts, read 4,602,474 times
I remember a lady who walked up and down the block with red lipstick smeared all over her face, kids pointed and laughed at her.I kinda felt sorry for her. A neighbor told us that she has had an miscarriage recently. Damn, she looked scary.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 819 times
After a bus dropped me off near Penn station for my first visit to the city, I headed to the 34th street train station to catch the 1 train to Riverdale in the Bronx. There was a bum on the train sprawled out on the floor; I assume he passed out. He was laying face down in a take out box from some chinese place; it was half filled with his vomit and half filled with food that he hadn't finished yet. I think he had pissed himself too; it was an awful sight! Since it was about 1 am, I assumed this was normal for that time of night...no one else on the subway seemed to pay him any attention.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:54 PM

1,817 posts, read 986,489 times
The first time I went to NYC, I had just checked into my hotel and left to get something to eat. I walked two blocks to a Chipotle and got a burrito and Budweiser. I sat at a table in front of the door so I could watch the people on the street. As I was eating, a normal looking guy dressed in blue-collar attire came in the Chipotle. He began rummaging through the garbage can beside the door until he found a partial drink, which he put down on the garbage can. He then dug around some more until he found a partially eaten burrito, which he then wrapped in a newspaper and took with his "drink". This was within an hour of arrving in the city.

On that same trip, I was taking pictures of the Brooklyn Bridge and saw this guy by the old Fulton Fish Market:

Keep in mind it was at least 70 degrees out that day. I thought someone had dropped a body off on a park bench until the guy moved.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:53 AM

5,475 posts, read 4,602,474 times
A naked lunatic man being forced into an ambulance with his elderly mother helping out the paramedics. When he was inside the ambulance and the doors were still open, I could see him kick the interior roof light out.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 04-24-2012 at 01:21 AM..

Old 04-24-2012, 01:31 AM

2 posts, read 1,463 times
Default I saw a man hit by bird poops on his forehead

it was 8:30 in the morning, i was walking along broadway avenue near a subway station, when suddenly I saw a man being hit by bird poops on his forehead.. the man rushed to a nearby GAP store, I guess to check how badly he looked with bird poops dripping all over his face.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:43 AM

28 posts, read 31,774 times
Wow I remember making this thread almost a year ago out of no where and decided to come here and maybe search for it and its actually the 3rd thread on the first page!

Old 04-24-2012, 12:18 PM

24 posts, read 50,248 times
4am walking from PA to the 1 train through the connection tunnel. Right on top of the 7 train entrance, theres some bum laying on the ground, pants at his knees and he's stroking away.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Status: ""Disgraceful and a high school mentality" - by a poet" (set 8 minutes ago)

2,992 posts, read 2,218,251 times
rats running inside the F train during a packed rush hour in the long tunnel from 53rd lex to 23 Ely many yrs ago. People were pushing to one side of the train back & forth in both direction. When the subway hit 23rd Ely, people shoved their way outside. It was rather comical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City