U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-28-2011, 11:45 AM

5,262 posts, read 7,673,351 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, I have to get to LaGuardia airport using public transportation tomorrow (I don't want to use a cab), but I'm at a loss when it comes to the subway systems going in and out of the outer boroughs.

I'll be coming from Hoboken using the PATH to get into Manhattan. what stop is best to get off at? Christopher st, 9th st, 14th st, 23rd st, or 33rd st?
From there on out, what subways/buses do I take to get to the airport?

I should of asked sooner, hopefully I can get some responses ASAP. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 12:05 PM

9,363 posts, read 15,743,716 times
You can take the PATH to Penn and then take the NYAS bus to the airport. It's easier than a trek on the subway/bus, and is much less expensive than a cab.

Bus service from Penn Station --> LaGuardia Airport (LGA)

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-28-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
You can take the PATH to Penn and then take the NYAS bus to the airport. It's easier than a trek on the subway/bus, and is much less expensive than a cab.

Bus service from Penn Station --> LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
Thank you

Old 05-28-2011, 03:02 PM

16,301 posts, read 13,466,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Hey guys, I have to get to LaGuardia airport using public transportation tomorrow (I don't want to use a cab), but I'm at a loss when it comes to the subway systems going in and out of the outer boroughs.

I'll be coming from Hoboken using the PATH to get into Manhattan. what stop is best to get off at? Christopher st, 9th st, 14th st, 23rd st, or 33rd st?
From there on out, what subways/buses do I take to get to the airport?

I should of asked sooner, hopefully I can get some responses ASAP. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
From the Path 33rd Street/34th Street/6th Avenue/Broadway Subway Station you can transfer to F or R subway lines towards Queens. Take the F/R train until the Roosevelt Avenue Station and from there transfer to the Q33 bus to La Guardia Airport. (The F train is faster than the R as the F runs express in Queens and the R is local all the way.)

Old 05-28-2011, 06:48 PM

2,901 posts, read 5,119,011 times
the M60 bus goes to all lga terminals, just need a subway station that goes to one of those m60 bus stops. I used N subway to Queens Ditmars Blvd.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:10 PM

3,335 posts, read 3,646,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
the M60 bus goes to all lga terminals, just need a subway station that goes to one of those m60 bus stops. I used N subway to Queens Ditmars Blvd.
The option of taking the (N) or (Q) to Astoria Blvd and then taking the M60 is a pretty fast option. However, I wouldn't recommend it if the OP has a lot of luggage because the Astoria Blvd station doesn't have an elevator.

Taking the (F), (M), or (R) to Jackson Heights for the Q33 is an option, except for the fact that the Q33 often gets caught in traffic in Jackson Heights. I've tried that once, and it took 20 minutes to get from Midtown to Jackson Heights, but 40 minutes to get from Jackson Heights to the airport. Fortunately, the purpose of the trip wasn't to catch a flight.

I think the best way would be to take the PATH to 33rd Street and then walk over to the express bus from Penn Station to LGA.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:58 PM

Thanks for all the input guys , I was actually totally unaware of the express shuttles from Penn station straight to LGA. That makes everything MUCH easier considering the amount of luggage I'll be schlepping around.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:25 AM

16,301 posts, read 13,466,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
The option of taking the (N) or (Q) to Astoria Blvd and then taking the M60 is a pretty fast option. However, I wouldn't recommend it if the OP has a lot of luggage because the Astoria Blvd station doesn't have an elevator.

Taking the (F), (M), or (R) to Jackson Heights for the Q33 is an option, except for the fact that the Q33 often gets caught in traffic in Jackson Heights. I've tried that once, and it took 20 minutes to get from Midtown to Jackson Heights, but 40 minutes to get from Jackson Heights to the airport. Fortunately, the purpose of the trip wasn't to catch a flight.

I think the best way would be to take the PATH to 33rd Street and then walk over to the express bus from Penn Station to LGA.
There are elevators at the Roosevelt Avenue subway station.
As for the traffic issue and the Q33, it depends what time of the day you are there as I have taken the Q33 several times without any major time delay due to traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City