U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:26 PM

894 posts, read 869,363 times
Don't let MikefromCT fool you brajohns81! The only real NYC
picture from his links is the last picture from A Walk Down Fifth
Avenue in Greenwich Village, Manhattan. You can clearly see
everyone in that pic are illegal aliens. And look at all the gums
on the street these illegals left there.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:03 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,326,882 times
I don't know how I stumbled into this thread, but a guy from OKC trying to tell a bunch of folks in NYC that "Hey, there's a lot to do in Oklahoma City!" has me lmao.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:17 PM

346 posts, read 393,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
There are plenty of things to do in OKC, especially these days.
Horse crap. OKC is incredibly boring. I know because I'm from there. It is a great place to settle down in, but in your 20s/30s its unbelievably boring. It is much better now than it was in the 90s, but it still is a long ways away from being a happening city. OKC should never be mentioned in the same sentence as NYC.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:27 PM

2,785 posts, read 2,351,540 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I gotta ask this. Why is NYC so dirty and run down??
Because that's the way you want to see it. Most of your posts are political in nature and seem to be off topic. You had me shaking my head when you said you came to these conclusions from viewing Google street view. A lot of posters here have shown you quite a number of really nice examples of a clean and nice NYC. yet, you don't acknowledge them.

All cities have cleanliness issues. NYC is very densely populated and it's no easy task keeping it clean.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:15 PM

59 posts, read 70,422 times
Quote:
I have toured NYC on google maps and seen pics of the city. Everywhere I look the city seems dirty and run down, the subways look the worst. I am pretty sure NYC being an illegal alien sanctuary city has something to do with it, but good grief. I jump over the big pond to London, which is around the same size as NYC, and I tour that city. By contrast, London is a beautiful city, with lovely architecture and clean streets all over. London also has a lot buildings that are much much older than buildings in NYC, and the buildings in London still look great vs. NYC.
No, they are right, you can't give justice to the city by simply looking at the pictures.
You can see the drab buildings, filthy subways, dirty roads, ugly joints, etc. but that's not all that New York has to offer.
To get the full picture, you need to feel the stench of subways, smell the dirty bums, asking for a change on every corner, enjoy the ride in a subway with teenage schizoids, jumping and screaming all the way, you can even learn some new cool profanities from them. You can feel the cold refreshing water running from the subway walls and ceilings down your spine, it won't let you fall asleep while waiting for the next train for half an hour. You can exercise too, jumping over somebody's puke trying to keep balance.
It's true there are not many trees or other nature to talk about. Not many buildings to look at without feeling depressed. But New York is famous for its artistic expressions, you can enjoy the graffiti and strong language the young New York artists left on the walls everywhere.
And what can be better than walking in the city in hot humid summer days or getting wet under unexpected rain, which is frequent there. And Winters have a lot to offer too. How about freezing strong winds a benchmark of the city? Soak your feet in deep Manhattan puddles, jumping over the heaps of snow left after snowstorm, taking the verbal and physical abuse of other unfortunate people in the same situation fighting for passage with good humor.
If you like driving, you will definitely enjoy New York. Think about all those hours you will spend in standstill traffic, then you can enjoy taxi drivers cutting you off, driving in wrong direction, stopping in the middle of the road, bumping into your car and pretending they speak no English. Feel the satisfaction of loud bump when the wheels of your car ready to fall off after you got into a fresh pothole. They seem to appear everywhere every winter like mushrooms after rain. It's impossible to drive in any part of New York without enjoying them.
It will definitely sound like a pleasant music to your ears when somewhere in the middle of the night you hear a loud siren, or the sound of heavy machinery on the streets. And the possibility of being robbed or raped in the prosperous Central Park area will create such a nice tingling feeling in your stomach. It's also quite an amusement to observe free run rats frolicking in New York parks, and large cute roaches rummaging in the apartment trash, and bed bugs in expensive hotels and stores.
I can go forever describing the wonders of modern New York, but I think you got the picture.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 AM

726 posts, read 920,371 times
Well, I guess I have one more big complaint. NYC is another reason illegal aliens keep coming here. If these sanctuary city policies of these liberal cities would stop then this illegal immigration problem would fizzle out and they will stop coming and the ones here would go home. That goes for employers of illegals too.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuy2011 View Post
Nope. They preach utter nonsense on CityData, which is waaaay more productive.

PS: 30 is OLD
You liberals wouldn't know sense if it came up and bit you on the head.

That last part isn't funny.

Oh and I am not from OKC BTW.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:47 AM

1,232 posts, read 980,714 times
Quote:
I have toured NYC on google maps. . .
Lol.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:51 AM

10,691 posts, read 5,474,952 times
Quote:
You liberals wouldn't know sense if it came up and bit you on the head.

That last part isn't funny.

Oh and I am not from OKC BTW.
Where are you from?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Where are you from?
Arkansas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City