Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 09:21 PM

442 posts, read 1,296,848 times

Advertisements

this is one of those times im glad to be vegan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 09:58 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,721,778 times
I always just assumed those $1 pizza places were just a front for some sort of criminal enterprise.

But I digress.

No I don't think the $1 pizza places will ruin the quality. You're in NYC, enough people have money here and will shell it out for a damn good slice.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:08 AM

1,090 posts, read 3,168,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Anglo masses are not exactly known for their taste; there are people out there that think Dominos is great pizza.

There is a chain out west called Round Table that tastes like prego on a saltine cracker.

LMFAO! I think Domino's is awesome..and I'm from California and know all about Round Table. People think it's great! LOL

Old 06-03-2011, 12:58 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonost View Post
No I don't think the $1 pizza places will ruin the quality. You're in NYC, enough people have money here and will shell it out for a damn good slice.
Exactly. And in most cases, the old axiom will prove true: you get what you pay for. Just because someone comes along and tries to undercut everyone else is no guarantee that what they're selling is any better.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:25 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkybumpkin View Post
LMFAO! I think Domino's is awesome..and I'm from California and know all about Round Table. People think it's great! LOL
I like Dominos too

Old 06-03-2011, 03:19 PM

1,090 posts, read 3,168,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I like Dominos too
You cannot beat their new and improved tasting crust and all their sauces and options! I used to not be so crazy about them, but they have definitely UPPED their game big time. You can order online and they have this awesome/interactive tracker thing..you can even post it on your Facebook page lol. Not to mention their 2-topping medium pizzas are around the neighborhood of 5 bucks!

Old 06-03-2011, 07:00 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,430 times
Quote:
You cannot beat their new and improved tasting crust and all their sauces and options! I used to not be so crazy about them, but they have definitely UPPED their game big time. You can order online and they have this awesome/interactive tracker thing..you can even post it on your Facebook page lol. Not to mention their 2-topping medium pizzas are around the neighborhood of 5 bucks!
Oh yes I am quite familiar with their tracking system...I actually really enjoy their pizzas and the sauces and crusts.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:37 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
You cannot beat their new and improved tasting crust and all their sauces and options!
Of course you can. In fact, any good pizzeria can. (The key word is, of course, "good.") Come to Brooklyn and try Di Fara's on Avenue J in Midwood. Yeah, you might find yourself standing at the back of a line stretching halfway down the block--literally. But once you get your hands on a slice of that stuff, you won't think Domino's is so wonderful any more.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:50 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Default Had one yesterday...

It was a thin crust with just a spatter of cheese and sauce. While prices should be reasonable, you get what you pay for. It was not at all fulfilling. I mean it's a slice of NYC Pizza! You should walk out with a smile.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:44 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
I found another near Times Square last night after theater: on 42nd St. one door East of NINTH Ave, next door to a PAPAYA joint, on the South side of the street. I grabbed a quick one while waiting for the bus.

We had had a couple slices before the theater at the old place on 41st and NINTH which were good, but I liked the new place a bit more. The pizza was a bit "wetter" and heavier. (But a big black mama sitting on the corner drinking wine assured me that the 41st street pizza was better. Different strokes!)

Both were good.

And I also like the idea that none of these joints screw around with tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City