Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 09:50 PM

15 posts, read 147,057 times

Advertisements

rusty, I was a cheerleader probably early 80's. I was still in grade school and part of the Pee Wee's team. One of those years we won the championship and even the cheerleaders got nice wool stadium jackets. I still have mine with my name embroidered on it.

Ritchie and his wife were running things then. I think DeCurtis was their last name. She had my mom do some sewing for the cheer uniforms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 PM

15 posts, read 147,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankfive View Post
is there two rosedales in ny
Nah. The people who lived their considered it divided by the park. You lived on the side by 'town' and 'snake road' or the other side with P.S. 181, JHS 231 and Springfield HS.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,072 times
I lived in Rosedale from 1954-1977. I loved my childhood there. We had a great block with lots of kids to be friends with. We lived two blocks straight down from Fran's Candy Store on 243rd St and 145th Ave. Hung out there. Fran was so nice, as were most of the store owners in town. None of the stores needed bars on the windows as they seem to have now. I heard about the racial problems that were starting to go on and felt really bad about it. My parents had a lot of friends from different nationalities and races, so they weren't caught up in all of that. I have to admit P.S. 138 was an all-white school when I went there. Then when I went to JHS 231 and got used to a mixed group of kids, I ended up with a number of black and hispanic friends. Rosedale always seemed like a safe and friendly little town.
Funny thing is, I am now in Alabama, and would you believe I ran into somebody I was working with who was also from Rosedale. That was really weird. Thanks to Facebook, though, I have been able to reconnect with a number of people for the old neighborhood. Sandy

Old 06-12-2011, 09:43 AM

3 posts, read 6,610 times
i grow up in rosedale with gary santanaistigo greg cat jimmy kelly and a lot of poeple 243 was the hang out so was brookville park the good old days i was called normen if u know me send a message.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 AM

3 posts, read 6,610 times
wow rosedale was the place to be lots of good times and good friends

Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 AM

58 posts, read 237,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony ricotta View Post
i grow up in rosedale with gary santanaistigo greg cat jimmy kelly and a lot of poeple 243 was the hang out so was brookville park the good old days i was called normen if u know me send a message.
When did you live in Rosedale?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,557 times
Anyone remember stoop ball?, Can anyone name the 3 main candy stores in Rosedale??? How about the names of all the original stores of Green Acres, before it was enclosed! And...who knows the school song for St. Clare's?

Old 08-20-2011, 10:20 AM

64 posts, read 244,613 times
I remember stoop ball and asses up! The three main candy stores depending on the time was Central, Pete's and Uncle Miltie's. The Green Acres stores that is rough due to inside facing and outside facing but the Big one's where Lanes, Newwberry's, Gimbell's, Woolworth's, Sam Goody, Robert Frost, Cookie's, Sid's, Flag Brothers, Pergament's

Old 08-21-2011, 09:09 AM

9 posts, read 34,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeaten View Post
Anyone remember stoop ball?, Can anyone name the 3 main candy stores in Rosedale??? How about the names of all the original stores of Green Acres, before it was enclosed! And...who knows the school song for St. Clare's?
I don't recall St. Clares ever having a "school song".

Old 08-22-2011, 09:10 PM

38 posts, read 158,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheEss View Post
The site of Costco now is what used to be the Lawrence movie theater.

TSS was where Burlington coat factory currently is.

Across the street is the 5 Towns shopping center, which has a brief appearance the film "Goodfellas." I remember a Mays department store over there for a while.
Sorry to correct you but, Costco is on the site of the former TSS store.
Burlington Coat Factory is the old Korvettes. Steak & Brew used to be at the end.
A 45 YEAR VETERAN OF ROSEDALE.
MADDOG35
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City