Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:21 AM

337 posts, read 968,572 times

Advertisements

Its getting worse and worse for this moron. No chance at becoming mayor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:29 AM

25 posts, read 49,465 times
Keeps getting weinier and weinier. Can we make a new verb out of this?

Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,219 times
Honestly I am glad this happened. I was truly worried about having a 'Mayor Weiner'. That would have solidified nyc's complete and utter decline into the soft little pussified state it is today...

Old 06-13-2011, 10:27 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,368,760 times
I am still unclear why NYC is supposedly on some "decline into the soft little pussified state it is today." Because the murder rate is below 2,000 per year? Because trains are not covered in graffitti? Because 42nd street isn't filled with pimps, prostitutes and drug dealers? Because parks in the city are not open drug dens for bums and hookers? Because every third car is not stolen?

Tell me available..how are we "pussified" exactly.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:29 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
as long as bloomie goes, i dont care who is mayor
We already have a wiener in City Hall..

Old 06-13-2011, 10:31 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
I think NY deserves this dirtbag.
Well we were suckers enough to think Madame Hillary really was a Yankee fan. I love my town but NY has a history of voting for the worst of the worst. Anthony 'The Turgid Tweeter' is a shoe-in.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I am still unclear why NYC is supposedly on some "decline into the soft little pussified state it is today." Because the murder rate is below 2,000 per year? Because trains are not covered in graffitti? Because 42nd street isn't filled with pimps, prostitutes and drug dealers? Because parks in the city are not open drug dens for bums and hookers? Because every third car is not stolen?

Tell me available..how are we "pussified" exactly.

I'm speaking pretty simply of the general atmosphere this city had when it was actually blue collar. You had to earn your place as a true new yorker, and that means having to have been at least someone tough and to know what it's like to use your fists. Look to Philly and Boston as examples. Not like the throngs of bright-eyed mickey mouse's that descend upon the city en masse, who prance around with their little messenger bags being "jaded new yorkers" after 14 months. That's what I mean by pussified.

And yes, with that came crime. I'll grant you that. That said, the city was a much more real and exciting place to live. I'll take trains that are bombed any day over the endless glossy condos and starbucks that make up the majority of manhattan today.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:36 AM

Available so you want more violence, more fighting, and small minded archie bunker BS. Is that the NYC you miss so much? Really?

I think the definition of being a man, and a kid, has changed radically, and it has nothing to do with NYC. If you want to complain about "pussification"...it is societal, and has nothing to do with NYC. Being a man is no longer defined by how many kids you have, how many people you can pummel to the ground, or how hard you hit your wife....this is a societal evolution..and I am thankful for it..and I am sure your daughter and mother are also.

It sounds like you long for a day that is pretty much long gone across the city, not just NYC. You can find that dream in plenty of other countries though...where women are still grossly unequal, small minded bigotry and violence are the norm, and men do what men do.

Based on your definition, I am glad NYC and the country has become "pussified"...

Old 06-13-2011, 11:45 AM

Did I mention anything about beating women? Did I mention anything racial? No, I didn't. That's simply you projecting and inching towards the race card (again). I told you to look to Boston and Philly as examples. They are for the most part still working class cities with good humble people.

And don't tell me to move there if I like them so much. This is my home and I still love it. I was just giving you my opinion of why a 'Mayor Weiner' would have unfortunately fit perfectly...

Old 06-13-2011, 11:51 AM

Since when are Boston and Philly filled with humble people and not NYC? They are "good" and NYC residents are not? And what exactly is so godly about the working class Archie Bunkers? How do you equate good and humble to fist fighting to prove they are something/somebody?????

Thats the most BS I have heard all year. Seriously dude...you have no clue about what being good and humble is...and the idea that we should be more like Boston and Philly!! Seriously? PLEASE MOVE THERE and be with all the "good and humble" fist fighting administrative assistants and crossing guards you love so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City