Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 03:55 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
Its sad that a guy like that who was great at his job before this and better than most in the House frankly, is now deemed not just a political but social pariah. Its not enough for people that he is a man who messed up, he's a pervert, a sexual deviant. They're damn near putting him down there with pedophile preists. What he did was beyond stupid, but it is completely unfair the way they're portraying the guy. I believe those of you who cast stones may have voted for some of the most vile and degenerate human beings in your time.
This is all true...but the bottom line is, the man turns out to be a fool. What he was thinking is just beyond comprehension. Not that I think he could have beaten John Liu for the mayoralty anyway--but now we'll never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 06:36 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
As for his being mayor, I would LOVE a staunch liberal in the job. But Weiner said the one thing that cost him my future vote: that his first act as mayor would be to close all the bike lanes.

So I hope he has a long happy life whacking off at his desk.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:51 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,545,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
He lies to our faces. He is someone you can't trust with your wife or daughter but we trust him with trillions in tax money. How the public elects these scoundrels is an embarressment We are talking numb from the neck up. Someone needs to create a new moral compass app for the i phone since the collective moral compass of the people is completely non-functional..

Don;t blame the public. We are give crappy choices by two political parties. The public is at fault for not seeing this baloney. The answer is elect Ron Paul to office, but the old timers and staunch supporters of the Dems/Repubs would rather elect idiots like Palin or Kerry.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:52 AM

961 posts, read 2,463,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
This is all true...but the bottom line is, the man turns out to be a fool. What he was thinking is just beyond comprehension. Not that I think he could have beaten John Liu for the mayoralty anyway--but now we'll never know.
Atleast we still have Liu, he's got my vote.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:31 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I have to wonder how the media gets all these "private" correspondences. Was he set up with the singular goal of costing him his seat? Is there a level of entrapment here?

Was the sole purpose of these women to get and REPORT dirt?

The slow dribble-dribble of these reports over a couple weeks seems somewhat orchestrated.

Aside:
Is every e-mail that I sent viewable by the media if they so choose? Or must the recipient bring them forward to Fox News, NY Times etc.? What would be the motive of such a recipient? Money?
Obviously there must be SOMETHING in it for the recipients other than exposing themselves as filthy mouthed skanks?

Something deeper going on here. Something that stinks a bit more than gray underwear.
Yes. How did they catch him if none of the women complained. They were all over the age of consent. Not one of them said she received the pics of his naked penis. All of them said they were encouraging the sexy conversations.
He did not see any of them physically.
I cannot see why the guy had to resign over this. It seems so trivial.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:46 PM

518 posts, read 825,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
Its sad that a guy like that who was great at his job before this and better than most in the House frankly, is now deemed not just a political but social pariah. Its not enough for people that he is a man who messed up, he's a pervert, a sexual deviant. They're damn near putting him down there with pedophile preists. What he did was beyond stupid, but it is completely unfair the way they're portraying the guy. I believe those of you who cast stones may have voted for some of the most vile and degenerate human beings in your time.
I have voted for many a vile and degenerate human being in my time but only found out later that they were so. If you keep at it long enough you are bound to vote for a stinker here and there.

At the very least this episode shows Weiner to be someone who can't handle a crisis very well. I don't think he belongs in congress and would take issue with those who think he was a good member of congress. His record is not too deep. I don't recall him creating any major legislation by himself. He was considered arrogant and not well liked on either side. His main talent seemed to be getting himself on the 6 o'clock news with a rant and a rave. He was entertaining but left little to show for 7 terms in congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City