U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 02:14 PM

11,350 posts, read 11,246,610 times

Advertisements

Prices are OUTRAGEOUS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 05:46 PM

30,125 posts, read 27,219,387 times
depends what you buy. many of the products like the meats ,the fruits ,the prepared foods are more like whole foods quality than waldbaums.

the prepared food we get from them is fabulous. tonight we used the coconut curry chicken cutlets. their whole chickens are amazing and come seasoned so many different ways. my favorite is the rosa-mexa-canna or the garlic and lime chickens..

the other big factor is our time. my wife and i enjoy every free moment we have on the weekends. we used to loose 2 hours a week food shopping at waldbaums on sunday.

now we have our order delivered by 6:30-7:00am and by 8am we are out for the day.

if i had to put a price on that alone id say 2 hours of free time for both of us a week id gladely put at worth 100 extra bucks right there .

like i say the mere fact im not in the store cut our food bills big time as i would slip all kinds of unhealthy stuff in the cart when my wife wasnt looking.

anyway i dont regret using them for a second because of price. in fact we had them cater a dinner for us that was excellent.

it all boils down to what your time and convience is worth as well as if you want to spend extra money for an extra level of quality on many things.

Last edited by mathjak107; 06-27-2011 at 06:14 PM..

Old 06-27-2011, 07:27 PM

215 posts, read 311,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Prices are OUTRAGEOUS!
Prices are cheaper than in most Manhattan supermarkets.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:46 PM
zdg

774 posts, read 1,024,372 times
Cheaper than the major supermarkets, better produce, easier to order from, and they bring it to you for near nothing.

What's not to like? FreshDirect is actually one of the things we tell other people not from NY why we'll never leave here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City