Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 04:38 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
None of what your saying is totaly true. It might make people feel good to think that but it's not the case.

You said it best, you've only been there(at the time of the OP) for 2 months. Slow down. Things will happen for you.

Women are womne, doesn't matter if they are in NYC or Dayon,Ohio. They are no different.

finding someone to spend time with takes time, if that's what you're looking for and I assume you are.

No, not all women are looking for guys that earn high roller salaries. Some are and some are not. That's arewhere....that's not exclusive to NYC.

There are lots of good quliaty women available. Not all are seeking status nor drug addicts, as you claim.

wanting to be involved with someone is understandable and it's fun and excting. In the mean time focus on things that you'd like to do for yourslef long term--whatever it maybe, and focus on that.

Good luck and have fun.
Well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 05:44 AM

Unfortunately, I will have to leave NYC to hopefully find a suitable mate. There are good men out there but the majority of them are not in my ethnic group. I do not understand what these men are taught in the home but their values are lacking. Education does not really help. How a man treats a woman is largely determined by how he sees his mother treated. We are not treated well by our men. This is why I am so vehemently against single parenting. I understand that sometimes it can not be helped. It just saddens me that when women of a variety of nationalities get together the tales are so vastly different. It's pretty depressing on my side of the fence. What is more depressing is that the women accept it. I wish that I could make them understand that we are worth more and we need to invest in raising men that understand this.

I have been inspired by Occupied Wall Street to start something of my own. I think it will be my graduate school project. They can't degrade us if we do not allow them. I may collaborate with some men to create programs to help young boys. Hopefully, it will make a impact on future generations.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:13 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
Unfortunately, I will have to leave NYC to hopefully find a suitable mate. There are good men out there but the majority of them are not in my ethnic group. I do not understand what these men are taught in the home but their values are lacking. Education does not really help. How a man treats a woman is largely determined by how he sees his mother treated. We are not treated well by our men. This is why I am so vehemently against single parenting. I understand that sometimes it can not be helped. It just saddens me that when women of a variety of nationalities get together the tales are so vastly different. It's pretty depressing on my side of the fence. What is more depressing is that the women accept it. I wish that I could make them understand that we are worth more and we need to invest in raising men that understand this.

I have been inspired by Occupied Wall Street to start something of my own. I think it will be my graduate school project. They can't degrade us if we do not allow them. I may collaborate with some men to create programs to help young boys. Hopefully, it will make a impact on future generations.
What ethnic group is that? According to freud that women like or prefer men that are like there fathers.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
What ethnic group is that? According to freud that women like or prefer men that are like there fathers.
It is not important.

I agree. I do want a man like my father was during the early years. He worked hard and took care of his family. He commanded respect from people and he definitely wore the pants in the family.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 AM

615 posts, read 1,676,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Granted I've only been here for two months, but it seems like the only guys who have girlfriends/wives/get laid are ones with really really good jobs or hipster artsy druggies. What do you guys think?

I have a weird job that barely pays 2-3 times the rent and I don't do any drugs/am not that artsy. Am I screwed unless I go to law school or join a band and start doing heroin?
Whoa; druggies/heroine?! What do I think? I think you're way OFF!

Sure, there are the gold-diggers, etc...However, many women want someone with good values/morales, sense of humor, financially stable, and just an overall good human!

Old 10-10-2011, 09:19 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,878 times
Quote:
It is not important.

I agree. I do want a man like my father was during the early years. He worked hard and took care of his family. He commanded respect from people and he definitely wore the pants in the family.
Do you ever think that maybe it's you that's the problem?

Second of all, I will never treat any woman ( unless she's my wife/mother of my children) as well as I do my own mother.

I've been told that I don't treat women well but all I do is treat them like adults. A lot of women in this city are out of their minds and it has a lot to do with wanting to impress their friends/ other women and watching too much TV. It seems that a lot of women in this city want to be the center of attention in their man's life/ be treated like a queen and that's not the way it works. Sorry.

btw, what do you bring to the table that makes you so special?

Old 10-10-2011, 11:46 PM

241 posts, read 591,710 times
i hypothesize that the more people there are, the harder it is to find the right people. In a town of 10,000, you want to find someone who can carry a conversation. that may instantly narrows it down to this group of people how knows how to read. and everyone in town knows this group of people and help directs you to this group of people. therefore, you know you're not going to do any better. you find someone who you can have fun with, and that person can read. you lock it down. (I'm exaggeration, but you get my point, I think)

I further hypothesize that the more people there are, the more you can aspire to. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that men and women are pursuing compatible goals. As modern as we may be, we can't escape values that had long been passed on traditionally. So, women are looking for financial success (breadwinner who can provide for a family). Men are looking for beauty (which is a sign of health and a sign of suitable mate for procreation. no joke, evolution is sadly in part to blame for this). But the challenge is there are always going to be men who will make more money (sadly, they could also be jerks, but women choose to believe that there must be one who is not a jerk). There is always going to be women who is prettier (sadly, they may or may not be compatible otherwise, but men hope that there must be one that's pretty and yet still like the same dorky things they do)

Thus, no one ever finds "the one"

- a yuppy who recently transplanted to NYC

Old 10-11-2011, 12:25 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yee8p View Post
i hypothesize that the more people there are, the harder it is to find the right people. In a town of 10,000, you want to find someone who can carry a conversation. that may instantly narrows it down to this group of people how knows how to read. and everyone in town knows this group of people and help directs you to this group of people. therefore, you know you're not going to do any better. you find someone who you can have fun with, and that person can read. you lock it down. (I'm exaggeration, but you get my point, I think)

I further hypothesize that the more people there are, the more you can aspire to. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that men and women are pursuing compatible goals. As modern as we may be, we can't escape values that had long been passed on traditionally. So, women are looking for financial success (breadwinner who can provide for a family). Men are looking for beauty (which is a sign of health and a sign of suitable mate for procreation. no joke, evolution is sadly in part to blame for this). But the challenge is there are always going to be men who will make more money (sadly, they could also be jerks, but women choose to believe that there must be one who is not a jerk). There is always going to be women who is prettier (sadly, they may or may not be compatible otherwise, but men hope that there must be one that's pretty and yet still like the same dorky things they do)

Thus, no one ever finds "the one"

- a yuppy who recently transplanted to NYC

True indeed

Women like what they hear, and men like what they see!

Another thing is this the right guy or gal in the begining turns out to be the wrong person at the end, while the wrong guy or gal turns out to be right at the end

Old 10-11-2011, 05:58 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
Quote:
It is not important.

Especially women who lost their father at an early age often look for a father figure in their boyfriends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City