U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:36 PM

545 posts, read 491,001 times
Your point number 6 about Bloomberg is strange and illogical. If he had ruled that one could not smoke on balconies, following your argument, it would not be legal, and your neighbors should be able to continue smoking. And yet you would almost surely be happy with such a statement from Bloomberg.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:37 PM

462 posts, read 434,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanintllctl View Post
Your point number 6 about Bloomberg is strange and illogical. If he had ruled that one could not smoke on balconies, following your argument, it would not be legal, and your neighbors should be able to continue smoking. And yet you would almost surely be happy with such a statement from Bloomberg.
Im sure bloomberg has many opinions on how life should be in NYC however nothing everything he wants comes to fruition. Hence my point in regards to what bloomberg desires and law are two different things

Old 07-06-2011, 10:07 PM

4,502 posts, read 7,802,658 times
Just get the industrial fan and turn it on full blast when they're out there smoking. If they complain, tell them you're not going to be poisoned by their disgusting cigarette smoke.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:11 AM

44 posts, read 49,843 times
I'm a smoker and I don't like it when smoke permiates my house, so I imagine it must be annoying as hell having to bear that for hours. I never cared about second hand smoke outside even when I didn't smoked, but inside is a different story. I still don't understand how people can smoke where they live

Go with the fan suggestion. Just get something modest and quiet. I know they aren't being reasonable, but there is no point in getting into a heated dispute with a neighbor that you share a balcony with if you don't have to.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:30 AM

153 posts, read 230,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Not sure why it was necessary to specify that the neighbors were Greek. What's the difference? There really isn't much you can do about it....they live there, and should use their balcony to smoke if they choose to...that's one of the negatives of city-life.

Just use the fan.
Because Greeks are Crazzy especially the Fob ones. Lol

Old 07-07-2011, 12:52 AM

153 posts, read 230,912 times
Fresh off the boat Greek immigrants are very obnoxious!
I would just call the cops on them over & over again, basically just say they are being extremly loud & getting into fights etc elaborate (lie) a bit.
You gotto play dirty but be smart (sneaky) about it. You can't just sctrach their car. Lol. Anyways, I feel u have every right to be angry!

Old 07-07-2011, 05:27 AM

40,060 posts, read 19,377,479 times
Alternatively, of course, you could up the ante and throw their game right back at them by doing something they don't like. And when they complain about it, suggest a compromise.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:35 AM

1,667 posts, read 1,682,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPersianJewGurL View Post
Fresh off the boat Greek immigrants are very obnoxious!
I would just call the cops on them over & over again, basically just say they are being extremly loud & getting into fights etc elaborate (lie) a bit.
You gotto play dirty but be smart (sneaky) about it. You can't just sctrach their car. Lol. Anyways, I feel u have every right to be angry!
Yes, clearly filing false police reports is the smart thing to do.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 AM

4,502 posts, read 7,802,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensres View Post
I'm a smoker and I don't like it when smoke permiates my house, so I imagine it must be annoying as hell having to bear that for hours. I never cared about second hand smoke outside even when I didn't smoked, but inside is a different story. I still don't understand how people can smoke where they live

Go with the fan suggestion. Just get something modest and quiet. I know they aren't being reasonable, but there is no point in getting into a heated dispute with a neighbor that you share a balcony with if you don't have to.
A "modest and quiet" fan isn't going to blow their smoke back at them. All it's going to do is make them more comfortable being outside. The OP needs one of those crazy-loud industrial floor fans. Get one of the ones that actually sits on the floor and point it up at them and turn it on full blast.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:13 AM

9,856 posts, read 7,563,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
He/She shouldn't have to.
Welcome to living in a society. If you want to never be bothered by other people, there is plenty of space in Montana where you won't have any neighbors. If you make the choice to live near other people though, you have to deal with it.

So again - stop whining and close your window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City