Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:52 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,647,184 times

Advertisements

Can you imagine what would happen if this ex-con drug dealer had a gun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 12:04 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,794,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Allright then... I will start to carry an machete with me in case a kid attacks me with fists, and slash him to pieces.
Well, first of all the kid was never struck with the machete. He was apparently stabbed by the attendant who he was attacking. After being pummeled with several blows by the kid, it appears the attendant stabbed the kid in self defense. It appeared that tthe kid after being stabbed the kid ceased pummeling the attendant and retreated from the office.

But to your point, a person being attacked s/h the right to defend himself with full force by any means available and/or necessary----PERIOD!

That's right, come at someone and get whatever comes your way, correct.

What is wrong with that? Why should the defender give consideration when no consideration is being given?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 PM

412 posts, read 1,325,222 times
The father was the aggressor and unfortunately the son paid the price.

For a bottle of cologne that supposedly cost $200 decided the faith of his son.

Said but he should have just chocked it up as a lost and enjoyed his child's graduation.

Now he's in jail on assault charges, while his son is being buried.

This is why folks need to think before they react.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:43 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,228,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Well, first of all the kid was never struck with the machete. He was apparently stabbed by the attendant who he was attacking. After being pummeled with several blows by the kid, it appears the attendant stabbed the kid in self defense. It appeared that tthe kid after being stabbed the kid ceased pummeling the attendant and retreated from the office.

But to your point, a person being attacked s/h the right to defend himself with full force by any means available and/or necessary----PERIOD!

That's right, come at someone and get whatever comes your way, correct.

What is wrong with that? Why should the defender give consideration when no consideration is being given?
In order to be justified in the use of deadly force a person must believe that the degree of the threat against him or her could be fatal.
Was the parking attendant using excessive force, that's my point. It's the law and I did not invent it.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 07-11-2011 at 12:54 PM..

Old 07-11-2011, 12:51 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,015,641 times
Quote:
Allright then... I will start to carry an machete with me in case a kid attacks me with fists, and slash him to pieces.
The attendants should have slashed the punk.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:58 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,015,641 times
Quote:
In order to be justified in the use of deadly force a person must believe that the degree of the threat against him or her could be fatal.
Was the parking attendant using excessive force, that's all I'm questioning. It's the law and I did not invent it.
So you'd rather the parking attendant not do anything and suffer serious injury?

It serves the punk and his father well. That is one less violent potential criminal in this world. Did you see the force the kid was hitting the guy with? What else was the parking attendant suppose to do..let himself get hit until he passes out? It serves both the father and the son right, you want to act all macho and start trouble? Well deal with the consequences.

And the family of the kid is even more pathetic. He was just trying to protect his son? lol ...they really need to be showed the video. Also speaks volumes about that particular (african american) family, threating the lives of the parking lot attendants. Such low class human beings.

BTW, the attendant was not even using that much force. In the video you see him quickly poke the kid, just to get the kid off him. It wasn't like he stabbed him continuously (which is something the kid would have done had he been given the knife).

Old 07-11-2011, 01:09 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,283,290 times
Quote:

Ok so you would rather wait for the kid to pull out a machete, swing it at you and shout "Im gonna cut you...you better get your machete out too!" before you finally pull out yours. We got a term for folks like that it's called an "idiot". You do realize the number 1 fear of criminals is coming into contact with an Armed Victim right???

Old 07-11-2011, 01:13 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,228,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
So you'd rather the parking attendant not do anything and suffer serious injury?
No. I understood that the attendant struck Isaiah several times with a machete, according to jcoltrane that was not the case. I must look at the video more closely, it's hard to see exactly what's happening in the right corner.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:43 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,819,005 times
Also, why was this "kid" graduating high school at 19 years old? That's kinda old for high school and you are not a "kid" at 19. You are an adult

Old 07-11-2011, 05:44 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,819,005 times
Quote:
No. I understood that the attendant struck Isaiah several times with a machete, according to jcoltrane that was not the case. I must look at the video more closely, it's hard to see exactly what's happening in the right corner.
He wasn't hit with the machette. He was stabbed with a knife by the other attendant. Are you missing the part where the thug is beating the attendant with force. HE'S A FOOT BALL PLAYER not like he's some skinny kid who can't throw a punch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City