Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 07:15 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,460 times

Advertisements

First of all, that story was hilarious on so many levels, mainly because A) how naive they were and B) b/c the dumb kid didnt know enough to say when the gun was in his face "I dont see noone", and C) they are still alive. If one would have been killed, then the joke would be over.
What these kids did was learn a hard lesson and luckily it wasnt fatal. They had to know Bed Stuy had a reputation for reason but they decided to move there anyway, and why, so that they can play music and probably b/c somebody on city data said it was a good neighborhood with an old reputation. SMH
This article made me recall everytime that I have heard someone on here say "you'll be fine in that neighborhood, as long as you mind your business and keep your wits about you, and don't get involved in the drug game you'll perfectly safe". WRONG!! The hood is the hood for a reason. S*** happens there even when u try to mind ur business.
I had a guy tell me the other day how great it was to live in Saudi Arabia. Uhhh, NO! And now they're thinking Bushwick? Ok whos gonna be that City Data poster to tell Bushwick is this wonder middle class Neighborhood with trendy stores and yadayadayada......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 09:15 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
I think that fad has finally wore off... Bed-stuy is the new Clinton Hill according to real-estate agents so thats why we'll probably be seeing stories like these from people who trust self-interested promoters on city-data as well as the real-estate agents whose only concern is making $$$... I can't tell you how painfully annoying it is to see dozens of threads saying "Moving to Bed-stuy in August, would like to know if its safe... or moving to 125th and St. Nich. is it safe?... How can you agree to terms on a neighborhood that has traditionally not been a great one and you know nothing about...

But thats what they do... the positive stories get brought up as the only ones around and then when people like Harlemnewbie and others come around they are simply labeled ignorant or not prepared... as if the others were...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: