Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 AM

3 posts, read 4,627 times

Advertisements

i mean "would not" foght with my child
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 AM

916 posts, read 2,245,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill83 View Post
Send those ghetto people to Tokyo. Let them learn some manners from the Japanese.
They might improve their manners after staying in Tokyo, but what if they
also learn a new fetish of groping young girls in school uniform after
coming back?

And yes, the woman with the baby did used some kind of mace spray
on the woman in white before trying to get off the train. She probably
didn't expect the other woman still able to fight back so viciously.

The verbal confrontation turns physical only after baby mama maced the
other woman, I don't blame the other woman fighting back when someone
maced you in the face. You don't use mace spray on another person when
you are not in danger. Also, using mace in an enclosed space with your
baby and other innocent passengers around shows what kind of person
that woman is all about.

And lastly, someone on that train should've give up their seat for that
woman with the baby before all these even started it. It's kind of
embarrassing for all NYers after watching this video.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:17 AM

3 posts, read 4,627 times
i agree ur child safty should superseed any other emotions you may have!!!!

Old 07-22-2011, 10:26 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,546,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discouragedcitizen View Post
Unfortunately, many people don't have common courtesy to people of a different race. Even if that person is pregnant, old, or has tons of kids.
The fact that they don't have the common courtesy to give there seat to someone who needs it is one thing. But the woman with the baby stroller waited until the train was about to stop and sprayed the woman in the white with mace.

How do you decide to spray someone with mace and think you can get away with it?

That woman in white beat her a** and she got just what she deserved!

Old 07-22-2011, 10:30 AM

483 posts, read 853,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
There are many people who were not taught any respect to begin with. If you see a woman with a baby in a stroller, what is wrong with giving her your seat? It's just common courtesy.

People have lost their humanity towards each other.
I don't think this was about a seat since the hood mama was sitting down at the start of the video. It's common courtesy to give up one's seat to an elderly, pregnant woman or a disabled person. I don't give up my seat to a woman with a child in a stroller. The baby is already resting in the stroller and the mom can stand and wait for a seat to become available like everyone else. If she's carrying the baby or has the baby in one of those front sack things then I will offer up my seat.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandle View Post
I don't think this was about a seat since the hood mama was sitting down at the start of the video. It's common courtesy to give up one's seat to an elderly, pregnant woman or a disabled person. I don't give up my seat to a woman with a child in a stroller. The baby is already resting in the stroller and the mom can stand and wait for a seat to become available like everyone else. If she's carrying the baby or has the baby in one of those front sack things then I will offer up my seat.
Yes it was about a seat....the woman in the blue shirt got up out of the seat for some reason if you notice in the video. Regardless it is still hard to hold on to a stroller and a pole while standing in a moving train....someone should have had the courtesy enough to give up their seat.

The bottom line here is that the one in the blue decided to wait until the train doors were about to open up and then she maced the woman in the white. She got her a** beat and deserved everything she got!

That is why when I lived in the Bronx on the 2 & 5 train line I never took the train. Instead I took the express bus into Manhattan everyday to my office. People line up to wait for the bus, no pushing or shoving and then they sit down. Always a seat and a comfortable ride.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:49 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
To be fair, the strollers are supposed to be collapsed, and not open. Had this woman took the baby out of the stroller, and collapsed as you are supposed to, someone would have offered her a seat. I have yet to see any woman ever, even in rush hour crowded trains, collapse the carriage. They simply push it through. What's the problem ladies? You don't follow rules, but then get angry when other don't either (don't provide a seat for you)?

And for the record, this is not a normal occurrence on any train line, 2 and 5 in the Bronx included. You'll note, however this was on the L, not in the Bronx. It is rarely the case that anything happens on any train at any time, so not sure why you felt compelled to take an express bus.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:49 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,721,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
They might improve their manners after staying in Tokyo, but what if they
also learn a new fetish of groping young girls in school uniform after
coming back?

Yeah not many people know about the chronic groping problem over there. It's pretty sick.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
To be fair, the strollers are supposed to be collapsed, and not open. Had this woman took the baby out of the stroller, and collapsed as you are supposed to, someone would have offered her a seat. I have yet to see any woman ever, even in rush hour crowded trains, collapse the carriage. They simply push it through. What's the problem ladies? You don't follow rules, but then get angry when other don't either (don't provide a seat for you)?

And for the record, this is not a normal occurrence on any train line, 2 and 5 in the Bronx included. You'll note, however this was on the L, not in the Bronx. It is rarely the case that anything happens on any train at any time, so not sure why you felt compelled to take an express bus.
No one implied that it was a common occurrence. However at the same time when people have to share a ride with all types of people day in and day out this is the kind of thing that will occur from time to time. As for the need to fold the stroller you are right...unfortunately people do not always do the intelligent thing. However even if she would have closed the stroller there is no guarantee that someone would have given up there seat!

I felt compelled to take the express bus for my own comfort as explained in my previous post.

Again:

• People line up and wait their turn to get on the express buses. There is no pushing or shoving.
  • Always get a seat even during morning and evening rush hours.
  • Comfortable seats/ride, can relax while reading or listening to music without dealing with crazy people hanging over you who at times do not wear deodorant!
Just my preference.....

Old 07-22-2011, 04:59 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
nexis4jersey; Fights like this happen in the woods in the burbs all the time
Quote:
Fred314X;When I was a kid, my parents packed us all up and moved the family to the suburbs of New Jersey, following pretty much the same logic as yours. Well, guess what? You might not like to acknowledge it, but things happen everywhere, not just in the big, bad city. There is no escape.
Sorry fellas, that behavior may be common in your 'hoods, but it certainly isn't in mine.

The likleihood of one of our local mothers, child and stroller in tow, getting into to a public, unintelligible curse-fest ending with a skanky, hobag punch-up is little to none.

Something like that would be news enough to make our local paper with all of the subsequent family emabarrassment that follows.

I've lived here 20 years, I know.

I like it that way, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City