Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 04:35 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,417,868 times

Advertisements

I wonder if a guy like "pupster" would be better off in a place like the SF Bay Area which seems quite a bit less "see & be seen" than NYC and very receptive to Asian-Americans in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm going to be real with you here. You sound a lot like my friend he is Asian too and has a similar physique and also high income, yet he cant find a woman in NYC. Why? For one being Asian, Asian men tend to get worst play when it comes to sex and dating. Majority of Asian women in NYC prefer white men, well I meant Asian American women that is. I suggested he should go for FOB Asian or Russian women who don't mind dating East Asian. So far it seems to work this way for him.

As for NYC dating scene? Its complex at best and not simple. All of Manhattan and hip gentry areas of Brooklyn are full of desperate try-hards and over-achievers who believe and deserve the best of everything due to their suburban upbringing along with being highly educated. From what I hear the dating scene here is not that different from other cites like Boston, DC and San Francisco. The transient population gets plenty of sex thanks to the hookup culture, most of these women within the transient sphere will remain single while trying to chase Mr. Right who does not want to settle down because he gets a plethora of women. White men in NYC are the most eligible and sought after for all types of women, including Asian and kinky haired educated black women. Don't go Dutch and try to date women from the hood either, because they don't care about a mans money and mainly date off of physical attraction. A good looking guy fresh out of jail and no job will get more tail than a guy who is average looking who only makes 70k a year. Stay in the Midwest, you will be disappointed here unless if your either a Waspy white guy, or highly physical attractive. If you do move to NYC, try and aim for women from East or Central Asian immigrants. NYC is a woman's play ground, even fat women get plenty of loving here too! Any way good luck on your journey here and try and focus on yourself, the right woman will land on your plate, but maybe with plenty of baggage for you to carry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 08:54 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,861,990 times
Quote:
I'm going to be real with you here. You sound a lot like my friend he is Asian too and has a similar physique and also high income, yet he cant find a woman in NYC. Why? For one being Asian, Asian men tend to get worst play when it comes to sex and dating. Majority of Asian women in NYC prefer white men, well I meant Asian American women that is. I suggested he should go for FOB Asian or Russian women who don't mind dating East Asian. So far it seems to work this way for him.

As for NYC dating scene? Its complex at best and not simple. All of Manhattan and hip gentry areas of Brooklyn are full of desperate try-hards and over-achievers who believe and deserve the best of everything due to their suburban upbringing along with being highly educated. From what I hear the dating scene here is not that different from other cites like Boston, DC and San Francisco. The transient population gets plenty of sex thanks to the hookup culture, most of these women within the transient sphere will remain single while trying to chase Mr. Right who does not want to settle down because he gets a plethora of women. White men in NYC are the most eligible and sought after for all types of women, including Asian and kinky haired educated black women. Don't go Dutch and try to date women from the hood either, because they don't care about a mans money and mainly date off of physical attraction. A good looking guy fresh out of jail and no job will get more tail than a guy who is average looking who only makes 70k a year. Stay in the Midwest, you will be disappointed here unless if your either a Waspy white guy, or highly physical attractive. If you do move to NYC, try and aim for women from East or Central Asian immigrants. NYC is a woman's play ground, even fat women get plenty of loving here too! Any way good luck on your journey here and try and focus on yourself, the right woman will land on your plate, but maybe with plenty of baggage for you to carry!
Or he could try driving out to Lake Grove in the weekend. If he looks like a good yuppie, some caucasian woman is bound to pick him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupster View Post
One of the things that I've found is that a lot of early to mid 30-something women give off the ageism thing (yes it does appear to exist for men also).
There is such a saying that the silver fox beats the cougar. LOL!

Quote:
I'm looking for someone who can teach me a few new things and someone who can share new experiences and learn new things with me.
See my comment about Lake Grove or other similar areas. If you're yearning for new experiences, those are the places to look.

Last edited by Forest_Hills_Daddy; 09-02-2014 at 09:03 PM..

Old 09-02-2014, 10:52 PM

40 posts, read 55,140 times
You need to make your high salary clear to prospective women. If you are a doctor it wouldn't hurt to advertise yourself as one on dating sites.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:09 AM

14 posts, read 26,414 times
Have you ever thought that perhaps if you're not married in late 30's then you should never be married. Not to be offensive, but you are too old to bear children and soon, if not already, will be too old to satisfy any man sexually. You probably cannot cook either. So perhaps it's best for you to just hang out with your girlfriends and get rid off the idea that some imaginary 6'4 wall street guys want anything to do with you. Man, some people are delusional.

And yes, I am a short guy with an axe to grind.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:39 AM

33 posts, read 78,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
I wonder if a guy like "pupster" would be better off in a place like the SF Bay Area which seems quite a bit less "see & be seen" than NYC and very receptive to Asian-Americans in general.
I've thought about SF, but the ratio of W:M is not in my favor there. Basically, in NYC, there are about 200,000 extra single women vs. single men. So, from a pure numbers standpoint, I guess the numbers favor me there (after all, that's there was a show called "Sex and the City" that was based in NYC...it probably wouldn't have worked elsewhere)

Old 09-14-2014, 02:55 AM

33 posts, read 78,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eudai View Post
You need to make your high salary clear to prospective women. If you are a doctor it wouldn't hurt to advertise yourself as one on dating sites.
I'm hoping you're joking...or maybe you're being serious...

Old 09-14-2014, 05:51 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times
Quote:
I've thought about SF, but the ratio of W:M is not in my favor there. Basically, in NYC, there are about 200,000 extra single women vs. single men. So, from a pure numbers standpoint, I guess the numbers favor me there (after all, that's there was a show called "Sex and the City" that was based in NYC...it probably wouldn't have worked elsewhere)

San Francisco shouldn't be so bad because the gay male population offsets the total male population.
Look at these women who are from NYC and flew out to San Francisco to find love but found nothing.

San Francisco is importing single women from NYC | New York Post

NYC also does not have 200,000 extra single women, and if they do, most are single but much older. Majority of women in NYC from ages of 18-35 are taken, or seeing someone. In that same bracket men between the ages of 18-35 are mostly single. Things change for women, husbands or boyfriends die, serving prison terms, divorce happens, or even worse the career minded women remain single after 35 and fail to marry after chasing Mr. Right. Men in NYC either begin to shack up after 35. Only Manhattan has a high rate of single women due to being career minded or attending college. The problem with NYC is that some women mainly the career minded educated types desire eligible white men which are highly sought after. If your a white guy with a decent job and college educated living in hip areas of Brooklyn or Manhattan, a man like that will have no shortage of women on his plate. Overall NYC does not favor men unless if your highly attractive or have a lot of money or if your a sought after college educated career minded white guy or live in the hood thug bad boy type. The city mainly favors women. I remember when I out with a BBW woman from LA, she could not find no man in LA, hell no man would not even sleep with her. In NYC she been on more dates and been with more men than compared to back home.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:27 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,449,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Problem #2 for women in NYC, unlike Chicago, here in NYC, most of those "attractive men" prefer similarly attractive MEN!

Good luck with that.
I thought we were talking about New York, not Atlanta.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:49 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,861,990 times
Quote:
Only Manhattan has a high rate of single women due to being career minded or attending college. The problem with NYC is that some women mainly the career minded educated types desire eligible white men which are highly sought after. If your a white guy with a decent job and college educated living in hip areas of Brooklyn or Manhattan, a man like that will have no shortage of women on his plate. Overall NYC does not favor men unless if your highly attractive or have a lot of money or if your a sought after college educated career minded white guy or live in the hood thug bad boy type. The city mainly favors women.
Not for this careerist woman. LOL!

Former Lehman Brothers CFO Erin Callan Has A Hot Man
Business Insider
Former Lehman Brothers CFO Erin Callan Has A Hot Man And Is Living A Simple, Chill Lifestyle In The Hamptons - Business Insider

There are also not a few college educated artist wannabe women in Brooklyn and LES working as underemployed baristas and cupcake salespeople who could jump at a chance to marry into a more financially stable lifestyle.

Then there is a segment of white women in parts of Queens (but more in LI) who went to either college/community college that would make for good potential dates.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:20 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,127,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischu View Post
Have you ever thought that perhaps if you're not married in late 30's then you should never be married. Not to be offensive, but you are too old to bear children and soon, if not already, will be too old to satisfy any man sexually. You probably cannot cook either. So perhaps it's best for you to just hang out with your girlfriends and get rid off the idea that some imaginary 6'4 wall street guys want anything to do with you. Man, some people are delusional.

And yes, I am a short guy with an axe to grind.
Heh, they say that a woman's libido peaks around her late 30s/early 40s. She could probably still please a guy, and teach him a few things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City