U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-01-2011, 03:34 PM

952 posts, read 1,350,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Do you believe everything you read? Who knows what the full story is.
Sensationalist crap for the consumption of nit-wits.
Besides what's new? OMG, a racist teacher, nothing new about that.
It doesn't seem like allegations, the man wrote that the increase of black and hispanics will lead to "a dark age in America". And he tried to ban "Anti-American" Literature, of which he cites the biography of MLK as one of them. Its one thing if you have a teacher who's a little racist, whatever that is, talking about black and hispanic kids and their hiphop and sagging pants, but to have someone who puts forth this much energy toward his bigotry....Thats on another level. I know its a Catholic school, but I'm suprised even at them.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 06:23 PM

2,901 posts, read 4,513,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
When I went to Public High School in the city, many of my teachers were flat out more racist then anything.
Precisely!

This guy has a big mouth, so he is a target.

What about those with small mouths and big intent?

This is such crap and so is the SPLC!

Why? You wann know what is racist?

How about a largely white, heavily Jewish Union responsible for educating largely black and minority children and doing an absolutely unfathomably abysmal job! Unconscionable.

This is something to investigate! The trillions of dollars wasted producing zero results.

Union rules which are against the interest of the children, THIS IS SOMETHING TO INVESTIGATE!

Yet, the vaunted SPLC Is chasing some Yo in the Bronx! At a Catholic School where the parents s/b fully capable of dealing with the issue.

The SPLC should investigate how and why the state of NY put limits on the number of Charter Schools allowed despite the incredible and desparate demand. How this was done in the interest of the Union, against the children.

How the Union controls and manipultes the politicians of this state and country against the interest of the children of this state, nation, and the demands of the parents.

They need to investigate, how it is that year after year, decade after decade, billion after billion, the children of this state are and have been cheated.

Racist? Seems like it to me.

Save your outrage for that which matters. The millions of children across this state and nation, not 100 kids in the Bronx! This Yo has no substantial nor lasting effect on anything. None.

The SPLC is a freaking Joke! Just like the NAACP and every other ex-civil rights organization. Hollow, shallow institutions of incompetent fools! Like Hazel Dukes of the NY NAACP. This women, if successful, will (and has already) cause greater harm to more black and minority children than anything the Yo from the Bronx could ever do. She is a criminal and s/b executed!

Yet, where is the outrage?

Where is the outrage against Carl Perkins who voted in his personal interest against the children.

Some Yo, in the Bronx, you all make me laugh! Except I'm laughing thru tears....

Jcoltrane, waiting on Superman....

Btw, if you haven't seen the Lottery you should (much more poignant than Waiting for Superman): The Lottery

Also, if you haven't seen HBO's "The Wire", then, again you should. It's not about NYC but it could very well be. If nothing else, view Season 4 which focuses on the actuality of the broken school system of Baltimore, MD. Watch it and extrapolate across the country, across the city of NY.

Review of Season 4:
Why The Wire is the best show on television. - By Jacob Weisberg - Slate Magazine

Our nation, our children, our way of life is being destroyed. We all have got to wake up and see things for what they are. You are being lied to and manipulated. Only you can stop it. They will continue and continue, as long as you believe the BS!

Be suspect. Chanllenge everything. Know 'they' are trying to fool you. Believe nothing, suspect everything. Educate yourself. Investigate, investigate, investigate. If they say the sky is blue, demand proof, and when they give it to you, don't believe it! Scrutinize it.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:30 PM

430 posts, read 410,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
PS if you "do a 360" it only means you are exactly where you started. I hope you meant 180?
Lol! You beat me to it.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:26 AM

1,657 posts, read 2,830,546 times
Default putting the SPLC in oontext

How can he be a white supremest? Not only is this guy from an Italian background but he is a Catholic. Catholics are bigger target in this country than blacks. Not only was the largest lynching in the American history was of Italian Catholics but 100% of Catholic US presidents have been assassinated.

This SPLC is a fringe group, if they didn't have ruling class backing no way would they get press for their corrector assassination attempts. Read the guy's book, they likely took the info out of context as the criminals at the SPLC just could not resist taking a shot at one of their favorite targets -the holy catholic Church- while using some well established white guilt trigger words like "white supremacist".

For many of these black and Spanish kids the holy catholic Church is the only place where people still care about them and will give them a chance to develop educationally and morally away from all the moral subversion that fills public schools. Even though most of the Catholics have been ethnically cleansed from the city by the ruling class government policy the Church still presses on with its mission of educating and protecting the dignity of people in the face of increasing evil from the secular world.

As representative of ruling class interest the SPLC is trying to ruin the credibility of the catholic Church among the urban lower classes; this is what the ruling class does at every turn. With the Church out of the city the ruling class can completely subvert the poor with its mix of social degeneracy -think contraception, drugs, abortion, sexual license for perversion, materialism- as the ruling class looks to destroy the last remnants of family and dignity of the poor.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:09 AM

11,060 posts, read 10,352,302 times
Why would ANYONE be surprised because the principal of a CATHOLIC High School is a white supremacist, when the POPE, the head of the Catholic Church, was a member of Hitler Youth?
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:17 AM

40,060 posts, read 19,388,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Why would ANYONE be surprised because the principal of a CATHOLIC High School is a white supremacist, when the POPE, the head of the Catholic Church, was a member of Hitler Youth?
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
As long as he isn't the principal of a public school, it shouldn't be anyone's concern but the Church. And if it doesn't bother them, then that's fine. The parents of the kids in that school always have the option of looking elsewhere.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:15 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,427,249 times
Wow, I see this thread has attracted the tin foil hat brigade.

We have our resident Jew Hater, our resident Catholic hater, our resident anti-government kook, our resident conspiracy theorist....

Such a well rounded case of nutbars!

Old 08-02-2011, 11:22 AM

1,197 posts, read 1,307,840 times
Default He got the boot...

Bronx Catholic school principal Frank Borzellieri fired over ties to white supremacist group

Old 08-02-2011, 11:46 AM

8,752 posts, read 9,228,826 times
Hmm..while I agree this dude was dumb at best, and poison at worst, is this a case of free speech? I do not believe in what he believes in or says, but shouldn't he be allowed to say it ** in his own free time** and not under the auspices of the school?

I dunno about this one...I don't like the idea of someone saying something your boss doesn't like, outside of work, and you are subsequently fired. Do we not see a freedom of speech conflict here? I am on the fence....he is paid to do a job, and so long as he does his job in an acceptable manner, he should be able to say/believe whatever it is he wants outside of work.

I am not defending what he says or what he believes, but I am defending his right to say or believe whatever he wants outside of work, without retribution from his employer. Am I wrong here?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:32 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,240,532 times
Even many private employers have rules that amount to basically "don't do or say anything outside the workplace that would hurt or embarass the company." Most people in New York are hired "at will" which means that an employer can fire you for any reason they want unless a) you have a contract which spells out how you can be fired (high powered execs or union members) or b) you're fired on account of something like age, race, or religious discrimination.

OTOH its trickier for government employees about what they say and do in their off hours. Remember the teacher inthe Bronx who admiited a while back to being a hooker once? She was not fired because she had tenure. She was also supposed to be a good teacher. But she was reassigned out of the classroom and eventually she quit because while it would have been hard to fire here the DOE could and evidently did make her life miserable in the meantime. The courts have been all over the place, however, on other matters of what's a firing offense when it comes to stuff like a civil servant's expression of political beliefs and activities or their public criticism of their supervisors. There's no simple answer cause its the government that guarantees freedom of speech--not private employers like a business, church, or other non-profit. They don't have to guarantee you anything.

I'm glad the guy got the boot. He might have had a case to keep his job in the public system, but the thing is a church school, no matter how you cut it, is a SPIRITUAL institution, not a secular one. As such, people who work in them are, rightfully I think, held to a higher standard. It's why this was so upsetting. It's why a teacher who molests a kid in a public school is awful, but a priest who molests a kid (or who covers up for one who did) brings down the wrath of the whole country down on his head and it makes headlines around the world.

As a spiritual leader the priest is held to a higher standard and so are the people he hires, like the educators. Simple as that.

Last edited by citylove101; 08-02-2011 at 12:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City