Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:58 PM

16 posts, read 86,613 times

Advertisements

My family first moved into the Bronxdale Projects sometime in the mid to late '50's, I was about 7 yrs old then? I didn't know about the "Soundview Projects" until I delivered the NY Post on my paper route. As I saw it then, Soundview was a very nice place, but as time went on, as with the other neighborhoods, it was infected with drugs and gangs! In my begining's in the Bronx, the gang that was most feared, among others, was the "Fordham Baldies"! Before I moved out of the Bronx, in the early '80's, the "Black Spades" roamed the area like a pack of wolves on the hunt! There is way too much crime in all the Bronx neighborhoods now and before long, all the neighborhoods will look like the South Bronx after the landlords burned it down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 06:52 PM

14 posts, read 42,052 times
My mom used to take me to the Ponce De Leon Pediatric Health Center (which is right past the Bronx River Pkwy) on the Bx4, and we never encountered any problems. I thought it was a pretty quiet area, although I'm not sure if it's changed these past couple of years.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:55 AM

16 posts, read 86,613 times
Everything has changed! I watch the news from NYC just about every night and find that someone has been shot everynight and it's in my old stomping grounds! Last night it was at Longwood Ave at Bruckner Blvd....I also notice that the Livery Drivers are getting shot again! I still have family in the Bronx and won't come back for a visit unless NY honors my "Concealed Weapons Permit"!!

Old 08-31-2009, 02:05 PM

894 posts, read 2,373,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxdale Native View Post
Everything has changed! I watch the news from NYC just about every night and find that someone has been shot everynight and it's in my old stomping grounds! Last night it was at Longwood Ave at Bruckner Blvd....I also notice that the Livery Drivers are getting shot again! I still have family in the Bronx and won't come back for a visit unless NY honors my "Concealed Weapons Permit"!!

no offense i live here and its not that serious...

yes it has crime cause it is a poor area..but its not that serious

Old 08-31-2009, 03:07 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,176,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post
no offense i live here and its not that serious...

yes it has crime cause it is a poor area..but its not that serious
Well it's pretty serious if your a livery driver. I'm hearing a lot of talk of bringing back the partitions.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:52 AM

7 posts, read 31,643 times
I would always argue with my friend on which is a worse neighborhood, East New York or The Bronx...(Specifically the South Bronx or Soundview) In opinion, what is worse??? I of course picked the Bronx, i used to live on Clay Ave for 22 years, which is right by Webster Projects, so this is why I say the Bronx...... And i've never been to East New York......

Last edited by JoeBoy36; 09-06-2009 at 02:56 AM..

Old 09-06-2009, 02:54 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,667,713 times
It is always great to read stuff about The Bronx. I read every single thing you guys said. The Bronx from the 1930's until now have changed dramatically. So yeah I enjoyed reading what you guys said.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:53 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,967,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoy36 View Post
I would always argue with my friend on which is a worse neighborhood, East New York or The Bronx...(Specifically the South Bronx or Soundview) In opinion, what is worse??? I of course picked the Bronx, i used to live on Clay Ave for 22 years, which is right by Webster Projects, so this is why I say the Bronx...... And i've never been to East New York......
So if you've never been there.. then what makes you say it's worse? It seems like you don't even have a valid follow-up argument with stats or anything...

Old 09-07-2009, 12:20 AM

7 posts, read 31,643 times
I know ive never been there.......Im just curious because me and my friend were just joking, nothing serious, we would say it to get each other mad and hes been to the Bronx, but not the real bad parts.......Again, I just want to find out from someone whos been to both, from there opinion, which is worse........

Old 09-07-2009, 04:45 AM

674 posts, read 1,809,122 times
Their both bad but East New York is one of the worst places in the country and it has a murder every 10 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City