Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 12:20 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times

Advertisements

u hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 04:45 PM

400 posts, read 983,599 times
You could always start your own chapter. Youll be the first!

Old 03-29-2012, 07:16 PM

669 posts, read 1,273,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerCrawler View Post
I beg to differ, the phonies are those claiming colors and banging for a gang. Not knowing that the higher ranking members are selfish bastards that are calling shots from jail. So you know how they say 'Misery loves company', and I guess its cool to be in jail, shot or stabbed to death.

To get back to topic, I have not seen any GD's in New York. What I have seen is Dominican gangs on the rise among younger kids(middle school). I at times see Latin Kings flagging but to be honest they all appear to look like a bunch of pansies. Don't hear much about Nietas anymore. I do see a lot of Bloods & Crips.

I think people are just creating their own gangs in neighborhoods, 3 letter acronym gangs.
Yea there's a lot of 3 letter gangs too

Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 PM

46 posts, read 57,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
lol

Old 04-12-2012, 11:04 PM

46 posts, read 57,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerCrawler View Post
I beg to differ, the phonies are those claiming colors and banging for a gang. Not knowing that the higher ranking members are selfish bastards that are calling shots from jail. So you know how they say 'Misery loves company', and I guess its cool to be in jail, shot or stabbed to death.

To get back to topic, I have not seen any GD's in New York. What I have seen is Dominican gangs on the rise among younger kids(middle school). I at times see Latin Kings flagging but to be honest they all appear to look like a bunch of pansies. Don't hear much about Nietas anymore. I do see a lot of Bloods & Crips.

I think people are just creating their own gangs in neighborhoods, 3 letter acronym gangs.
Exactly! They're phonies!

Old 04-27-2012, 05:35 PM

19 posts, read 60,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Americans have completely run out of creativity. You can see it from top to bottom. At the top you see Airbus making a mockery of Boeing and China completely out-gaming America's ruling class plunging them into insurmountable debt. Even at the bottom the wells of creativity have dried up.

This example is from the dregs but it is a valid example nevertheless. Since the creative wells have dried up in the American soul they have to McDonaldize everything. Too stupid or spiritual lax to cook your own food or even have your own cuisine. Instead that nasty place McDonald's pumps out the same lab tested salty swill everywhere. People think it is good? What is wrong with them?

You schnucks don't even have the creativity to form your own youth gang. In the creative void everything is copied. We had gangs when we were growing up and we were the leaders and we started it with the organ between our ears. These groups were an expression of our identity. Now this generation so lacks that internal divine spark that they even have to franchise their youth gangs from some other city. What happened to the Deceptacons, TMR and the Chinese Green Dragons? These were NY gangs. Get these California and Chicago gangs out of here and take culinary embarrassment Papa John's pizza too.
I realize I'm a little late here, but reading this post... it's just insane. I don't know the exact age or background or this poster, but assuming you have some age to you, don't you realize that it is your generation (and preceding) that 'McDonalized everything?' It's not 'the kids of today,' it's the kids of yesterday who are making things the way they are.

My generation, and I say that as humbly as possible, are working their hardest to crawl out from under the super-sized rock that you threw on top of us. Creativity is not bred solely 'from the organ between one's ears,' but from the society that one grows up in. The current state of affairs is sad, you are correct, and perhaps if our elders put effort into creating a place for their children to grow up, it could be less sad.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,492 times
Lit say this the one's that say that they is a G.D in N.Y are not on count
they don't even know what on count mean's G.D'S is about GROTH AND DEVELOPMANT not throwing up gang sing's we have a DRESS CODE,LAW'S,CREED that we obey by we gave back to our hood we hold meeting's they is some real G.D'S in N.Y and those real one's are on the path of GROTH AND DEVELOPMANT not doing any thing that is against what we stand on. those that is 74 knows where our meeting is being hold and they come with they lit being RIGHT so if U claiming G.D in N.Y U should be at our meetings not on corners get on deck or drop your **** cause u in not right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City