Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2011, 10:57 PM

32 posts, read 124,978 times

Advertisements

Hello I am looking to find an apartment near Penn Station , only for 3-6months and I would prefer to share a bedroom in a 2 bedroom apartment. i know that searching on Craigslist is an option but I have not had much luck with that till now (i have been searching for a week- but need apartment by starting of september)
is there any other way to look for apartments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 07:50 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,577,420 times
You've only been searching one week? Give Craigslist a chance. It does take a little time. Do you have any friends in nyc that might know of places? Also, why are you coming to nyc - school/job? They might offer housing options if you ask as well. Sublet.com is another option.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:02 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
Craigslist.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:05 AM

180 posts, read 335,208 times
You rang?

Old 08-15-2011, 02:32 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Craigslist is the norm.

Too bad you didn't bother to specify in what way you were having "no luck" - whether there were few options, or just not in your price range, or not near Penn, or you were being rejected as a roommate.

By the way, even if you're here because of a job near Penn, there's nothing saying that you're stuck having to live there. You might find it pleasanter somewhere else.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:52 PM

542 posts, read 1,478,496 times
Stephanie Diamond listing project. Google it and join, post an ad of who you are and what you're looking for. I'm assuming you're looking for a roommate situation and/or sublet. I have had very quick and great success with both this listserv and on craigslist. Good luck. Btw, I agree, don't limit yourself to that area.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:28 PM

well i am looking somewhere near penn station because i will be taking the LIRR daily to port washington.. so i want to be as close to penn station as i can.. and i could not find anything thru craigslist untill now is because they have not been close to penn station of another metro station that connects to penn station..

Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,577,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtonyc123 View Post
well i am looking somewhere near penn station because i will be taking the LIRR daily to port washington.. so i want to be as close to penn station as i can.. and i could not find anything thru craigslist untill now is because they have not been close to penn station of another metro station that connects to penn station..
Why on earth do you want to pay to live in Manhattan and reverse commute to Port Washington? If you want to live in NYC, why not Queens?

I also find it hard to believe that nothing is "close" the Penn Station on Craigslist or a connecting train. No apartments on the 1/2/3 or A/C/E trains? Maybe you need to expand your budget?

Old 08-15-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
Why on earth do you want to pay to live in Manhattan and reverse commute to Port Washington? If you want to live in NYC, why not Queens?

I also find it hard to believe that nothing is "close" the Penn Station on Craigslist or a connecting train. No apartments on the 1/2/3 or A/C/E trains? Maybe you need to expand your budget?
i am living in queens right now.. but wanna live in manhattan coz i have always wanted to.. and will be doing it for 4-5months only neways so its not a big deal..

maybe i am looking in the wrong place? i am not sure but have not got anything till now.. budget is upto 1400 for a shared apartment.. i think i should be able to get something for that much right? coz i dont want my own apartment (cant afford that)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: