Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 02:54 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,920 times

Advertisements

No I mixed up my comment... the part about I don't sleep on this guy but i thought his old stuff was better was the game... Cole to me is one of the most underrated rappers out there right now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 03:34 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
No I mixed up my comment... the part about I don't sleep on this guy but i thought his old stuff was better was the game... Cole to me is one of the most underrated rappers out there right now...

Oh ok. Not really sure why people hate on The Game though. I've been on him since the beginning. I do realize that he came into the rap game as more of a groupie, but I think that was his way of marketing himself. He is thorough though. He's actually more technical than 50; in fact I'm not really sure why 50 isn't in the game like he used to be ...

Old 09-23-2011, 01:14 AM

194 posts, read 1,203,029 times
Haha where did NYC hip hop go? Hip hop is on life support everywhere and has been for a LONG time. 99% of current hip hop is just complete garbage. Only decent stuff coming out recently is from Mos, Talib, Common, Jedi Mind Tricks, Lupe, Joell Ortiz............I can't even really think of anymore off the top of my head. If you never heard of him, I went to school with "Laws" an up-and-coming artist thats pretty damn good.

And for those think southern rap killed it are way off. Guys like UGK, Eightball & MJG, early Outkast, Youngbloodz, Scarface, early Do or Die (from Chicago not the South but to me have southern influences) were great in their day.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:07 AM

Laws "Homeland" Music Video (prod. by Feb 9) - YouTube

Old 09-23-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinidorry View Post
Haha where did NYC hip hop go? Hip hop is on life support everywhere and has been for a LONG time. 99% of current hip hop is just complete garbage. Only decent stuff coming out recently is from Mos, Talib, Common, Jedi Mind Tricks, Lupe, Joell Ortiz............I can't even really think of anymore off the top of my head. If you never heard of him, I went to school with "Laws" an up-and-coming artist thats pretty damn good.

And for those think southern rap killed it are way off. Guys like UGK, Eightball & MJG, early Outkast, Youngbloodz, Scarface, early Do or Die (from Chicago not the South but to me have southern influences) were great in their day.
Most of the good stuff is underground.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Most of the good stuff is underground.

Your right, its been said before on this thread. Theres some good stuff out there you just have to look for it. Unfortuneatly, everyone just accepts this rubbish thats out there and finances it and bumps the hell out of it. Its also been said, Lil Wayne is to hip hop as McDonalds is to hamburgers...yea they sell the most but that sure as hell don't make them the best.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinidorry View Post
Your right, its been said before on this thread. Theres some good stuff out there you just have to look for it. Unfortuneatly, everyone just accepts this rubbish thats out there and finances it and bumps the hell out of it. Its also been said, Lil Wayne is to hip hop as McDonalds is to hamburgers...yea they sell the most but that sure as hell don't make them the best.
Yeah, like Nicki Minaj was quick to remind us that Lil' Wayne is the greatest rapper alive at the VMAs. So sick of his nursery rhymes; stuff like "rain on my head, I call that brainstorming", yeah that line is slick if you're like 12 years old or in 6th grade. I have to turn the radio every time I hear someone from Young Money come out speakers, and that is several times an hour.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:42 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times
Aight, Im a little late, but lemme contribute. I will say again Kanye is a damn skinny jeans p***y doll, and he is a dumb fake n***a. Look what he did to Taylor Swift-real gentleman as well as other dumb outbursts. I look at a person overall, not jus cuz of his raps cuz raps reflect the personality. I am not hating, this means right off the top you dont know nothing. Hating is when people hate on people for no reason, jus cuz they jealous of the success. I don't hate ON these fools. I just don't like them and not cuz of the success but cuz of their behavior. Jay is fake too. He always throwing subliminal disses. Do yo homework. And whoever said 50 trash, I can bet did not follow his music completely. His online mixtapes were fire. They were downloaded more times than other rappers sold CDs. Banks is one of the top rappers, technically and lyrically. His punchlines only compare to Eminem or Big L. 50 got a whole diff approach, but I wouldn't say he is worse necessarily. Listen to his latest sh it.And to say he fell of after first album is real ignorant, this means u havent heard nothing. In regards to Game, now I know why yo name is a goofball-you listing all the wack rappers. Game got some ok songs, but his bi polar ungrateful ass ain't getting respect from me. He turned on his master when it's all about loyalty. (50 wrote most of the documentary for those who didn't know) Dr Dre tried to revive west coast with bringing someone from Compton (game), but they picked the wrong dude. He never blew up as they hoped. He is just barely an average rapper even if you disregard everything else I said.
You might as well say Rick Ross is the greatest.

BTW, I'm going to Webster Hall in NYC tomorrow to see Mobb Deep and LLoyd Banks. Enjoy your discussions lol

Last edited by OleSchoolFool; 09-24-2011 at 09:51 AM..

Old 09-24-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolshoi View Post
Aight, Im a little late, but lemme contribute. I will say again Kanye is a damn skinny jeans p***y doll, and he is a dumb fake n***a. Look what he did to Taylor Swift-real gentleman as well as other dumb outbursts. I look at a person overall, not jus cuz of his raps cuz raps reflect the personality. I am not hating, this means right off the top you dont know nothing. Hating is when people hate on people for no reason, jus cuz they jealous of the success. I don't hate ON these fools. I just don't like them and not cuz of the success but cuz of their behavior. Jay is fake too. He always throwing subliminal disses. Do yo homework. And whoever said 50 trash, I can bet did not follow his music completely. His online mixtapes were fire. They were downloaded more times than other rappers sold CDs. Banks is one of the top rappers, technically and lyrically. His punchlines only compare to Eminem or Big L. 50 got a whole diff approach, but I wouldn't say he is worse necessarily. Listen to his latest sh it.And to say he fell of after first album is real ignorant, this means u havent heard nothing. In regards to Game, now I know why yo name is a goofball-you listing all the wack rappers. Game got some ok songs, but his bi polar ungrateful ass ain't getting respect from me. He turned on his master when it's all about loyalty. (50 wrote most of the documentary for those who didn't know) Dr Dre tried to revive west coast with bringing someone from Compton (game), but they picked the wrong dude. He never blew up as they hoped. He is just barely an average rapper even if you disregard everything else I said.
You might as well say Rick Ross is the greatest.

BTW, I'm going to Webster Hall in NYC tomorrow to see Mobb Deep and LLoyd Banks. Enjoy your discussions lol
I understand that point that you are trying to make. I am a bit different in that I could care less about the individual making the art. I am all about what art that comes out. Like what you are saying about Game, who really cares that he turned on 50. Like anyone is truly loyal in the rap game anyway, it is all about politics. It isn't as though 50 would take a bullet for Eminem; I don't care what he says in interviews that is some industry stuff he is on. That is like saying that Quincy Jones is the best ever, or that no one is better than Pharrel, or whatever. You're taking that stuff literally.

And Rick Ross? You really don't know anything about me at all. Rick Ross is for 20 year olds that know nothing about hip-hop. I've been listening to rap since they hijacked that Chic track and called it Rappers Delight; old enough to remember when it came out, even though I was only 7 years old. But if you hate Kanye and Jay because they are a_holes that is your personal preference. I bought them back in the day, but I don't even listen to Otis when it comes on the radio, and only saw the video once or twice out of curiosity. I like how you can like someone it isn't cool to like, or respect someone that is mainstream, and get called out of your name on City Data; that is like totally awesome to me.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:43 PM

32 posts, read 60,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Klato View Post
I enjoyed the non-thug/ghetto hip hop music. Nowadays, hip hop glamorizes the ghetto/thug culture.
That would be rap. Not hip hop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City