Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:27 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,579,327 times

Advertisements

A few people in my family were first responders (fortunately okay other than related health problems/cancer) and I will never forget, but it's just too much sometimes to have the coverage on every channel. This year there is so much more coverage with the 10th anniversary. It's hard to find a channel without something about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 10:33 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,289,694 times
Probably chill at the house, or run some light errands.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:43 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,172 times
I believe it's time to move on. No more 9/11 memorabilia, documentaries, specials everytime the date rolls up. I am not sure why humanity loves to relive atrocities (especially human caused ones).

Let's remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki:

Altogether, the two bombings killed an estimated 110,000 Japanese citizens and injured another 130,000. By 1950, another 230,000 Japanese had died from injuries or radiation. The overwhelming majority of the casualties were civilian.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:54 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
I think that after this tenth anniversary, the coverage will probably calm down a bit. I hope so. I was in One WTC so it's hard just to ignore--not a day has gone by that it's not 8:46 a.m. on 9/11 at some point, even if only briefly. Plus, I work in an office that has pictures of our dead people on the walls and photos of the towers when they stood. It's just a permanent part of our lives now, but there's also a lot of moving forward, especially with involvement in the rebuilding. Life moves on and is meant to be lived if we are still here.

Tomorrow I am going to Staten Island to spend the afternoon with the woman I ran out of the building with. We were coworkers at the time, but not close friends, but we are very close now. She just had her first baby six weeks ago, and so that's how I am spending my day--celebrating this new life by meeting the baby for the first time! I'm looking forward to that. It will put a positive twist on the day.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:56 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,579,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Tomorrow I am going to Staten Island to spend the afternoon with the woman I ran out of the building with. We were coworkers at the time, but not close friends, but we are very close now. She just had her first baby six weeks ago, and so that's how I am spending my day--celebrating this new life by meeting the baby for the first time! I'm looking forward to that. It will put a positive twist on the day.
That sounds like a fantastic way to spend the day. I hope you have the best time.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:57 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,358,998 times
ditto

Old 09-10-2011, 11:25 AM

121 posts, read 353,581 times
Quote:

I love that!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:26 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,358,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofnyc View Post
Probably chill at the house, or run some light errands.

what???????????? Your THe Maor of NYC you have a obligation to your city

Old 09-10-2011, 12:26 PM

275 posts, read 416,413 times
Quote:
I think that after this tenth anniversary, the coverage will probably calm down a bit. I hope so. I was in One WTC so it's hard just to ignore--not a day has gone by that it's not 8:46 a.m. on 9/11 at some point, even if only briefly. Plus, I work in an office that has pictures of our dead people on the walls and photos of the towers when they stood. It's just a permanent part of our lives now, but there's also a lot of moving forward, especially with involvement in the rebuilding. Life moves on and is meant to be lived if we are still here.

Glad you made it out OK and are alive and well. Godspeed. Sounds like a great way to spend the day tomorrow, celebrating life!

Old 09-10-2011, 03:18 PM

13 posts, read 14,810 times
I'm going to go light 3 candles at my church for the ones I lost and then move on like they would have wanted. I'm going out to see my sister because she lives in a rural area where I can forget about everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City