Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Yeah you Jamaicans are angels with dreads...visit Wakefeild in the Bronx, pure angels.....Rastafary, lick-a-shot..bobo!!! LOL

I live in Wakefield. Home owners and quite neighborhoods. Large sectioins comprised of people making more than $50k. VERY LOW welfare dependency.

Pity all you know is White Plains Rd because it fosters your racist attitudes.

Poor angry angry man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Who cares about the past? The past in slavery, the past of Irish people, etc. It has no bearing on the matter. What matters is TODAY and how to solve TODAY'S issue.
I know you dont because it will show you that when the Irish were where many of todays blacks and Hispanics were their behavior was even WORSE.

ANy way the more you rant the more the ENTIRE forum sees what a racist you are.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:28 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I live in Wakefield. Home owners and quite neighborhoods. Large sectioins comprised of people making more than $50k. VERY LOW welfare dependency.

Pity all you know is White Plains Rd because it fosters your racist attitudes.

Poor angry angry man.
Sure, the ghettoness in Wakefield is only contained to White Plains Road...sure it is

Old 09-17-2012, 04:31 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I know you dont because it will show you that when the Irish were where many of todays blacks and Hispanics were their behavior was even WORSE.

ANy way the more you rant the more the ENTIRE forum sees what a racist you are.
I'm actually NOT a racist but a realist. I speak the truth. The INCONVENIENT TRUTH you refuse to admit to. Besides, you think I give 2 flying f*cks what people on this forum think of me? Just like you and your people freely voice your opinions on this forum, so can I. Even if it's not the popular or "politically correct" thing to say.

Last edited by hilltopjay; 09-17-2012 at 04:53 PM..

Old 09-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Sure, the ghettoness in Wakefield is only contained to White Plains Road...sure it is

So where is the "ghetto" of Wakefield? Note that having a large black population doesnt define ghetto. Also note that Edenwald is not Wakefield and neither is any where south of E 233rd.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I'm actually NOT a racist but a realist. I speak the truth. The INCONVENIENT TRUTH you refuse to admit to. Besides, you think I give 2 flying f*cks what people on this forum think of me? Just like you and your people freely voice your opinions on this forum, so can I. Even if it's not the popular or "politically correct" thing to say.

Any one who says that it is the fault of decent blacks if people like you treat us like criminals is a racist. You look at us and judge us based on your notion of what black people are. You dont look at us and judge us by our INDIVIDUAL charateristics. We are each responsible for what we do as individuals. And should not be judged based upon what others who might look like us do.....unless you justify me criminalizing white males because of Aurora and other mass shootings. Or because the bulk of those engaged in white collar crimes happen to be white men.

Now you might not wish to be called a racist but if you behave like one then you are one.

Now run along and tell all those Russians, Albanians and others to quit living off welfare.

But no you think that Jamaicans are more likely to be oin welfare. Why? Because they are black.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:01 PM

And by the way according to Brx 12 channel there are people in Woodlawn who claim that there is a growing criminal problem, especially on Katonah, and they wish that more will report the robberies because then the area will get more police protection.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:27 AM

770 posts, read 1,130,657 times
Default Albanians

Quote:
I agree with you 100%. But hmmm...I wonder where these Albanian wiggers picked up that type of behavior from? Who are they influenced by? Things that make you go hmmmm?

The culture of Albania is really biforcated. Essentially, two main 'tribes' compose the population. They never went through the Western Revolution that the rest of central and southern europe went through, they maintained their culture but were converted by and large to Islam by the Muslim invasions of the 1500s and 1600s. The Geg and Tos (SP) were and are the two main tribes. Blood feuds are common and expected. This 'time honored vengence associated with honor was exported to America when they came here to escape Communism in the 1950s and 1960s. The Albanians were tough hombres--and most had access to guns. Essentially, they were very tough peasants who found themseleves in the NY metro area and did okay for themselves. Even to this day they are not fully accultrated.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:36 AM

770 posts, read 1,130,657 times
Default Hilltop is on the high ground

Quote:

We all need to stay civil in these discussions, but I too have some anger over what happend to my old 'nabe by minorites that were coaxed in by Liberal pols who did not live in my neighborhood. Many individuals of both both white and color are good folks, but there is tipping point when the bad outweight the good and the community dynamic changes. I am not saying the Russians/Former East whites are all bad, but they don't have the work ethic and cultural gifts that those from Western Europe possessed when they came to America. We have to admit that the Bronx is screwed up and is a victim of Liberal philosophy of free spending, circuses to keep the masses quiet and indebted to the state, and overtax the working middle class to pay for the public largress of the minorities (to include the Russians and former East Bloc). Things like mandatory bussing did NO GOOD in making neighborhood schools better, a disservice to all students. I tell you, if blame is deserved, it should be titled Liberals. Period.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post
but they don't have the work ethic and cultural gifts that those from Western Europe possessed when they came to America. .

You know what is interesting. What the British, Germans and others who arrived prior to the mid 19th century said about the Irish Catholics arriving then. So much so that these Irish were not even considered white and indeed the cartoons of the era even gave them a some what negroid look as if to make that point.

Comments were exactly what you and hilltopjay will say of today's Hispanic and black immigrants. Even though todays black Caribbean immigrants are much less likely to be impoverished and living on the dole than were those Irish immigrants who were the reason why the Catholic church had to set up charities.

According to the 2010 census 53% of black households earn more than $50k. Given that black immigrants from the English speaking Caribbean are better off than are African Americans or black Hispanics even higher numbers will be in this category.

You do have a point that liberal do gooders have done much harm but then so have the angry right wing racist lunatics. The solution lies some where in between. Peoiple need a hand up and not a hand out. The safety net needs to be configured to help those who are trying to help themselves and not the poverty industry. This industry includes corrupt politicians and nonprofits who have a vested interest in keeping poor people dependent. But having said that certain groups face more challenges than others and to deny this is nonsensical. While racism is not an excuse for failure to pretend that a white kid born in the suburbs has the same opportunities as a kid of a poor immigrant or poor native minority is a lie.

But hilltopjay will scream that black Caribbean immigrants are al savages whose main occupation is stabbing, and living on welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City