Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:20 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Its not a conspiracy theory. Its a fact! Neither the media or our govt has released any video of an actual plane flying thru Washington D.C and into the Pentagon.
If terrorists weren't laughing their @sses off before, you've just given them more than enough material. (And please stop throwing that word "fact" around, when you haven't presented anything even remotely resembling one).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 01:57 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
If terrorists weren't laughing their @sses off before, you've just given them more than enough material. (And please stop throwing that word "fact" around, when you haven't presented anything even remotely resembling one).
If it isnt a "fact" that our govt or media hasnt produced a single video of a plane flying thru our nations capital and into the Pentagon, then I challenge you to present one and post it here.

And no I dont want to see that streak of smoke followed by an explosion of a video that our govt says was the only video they captured of this so-called plane. I'm just totally baffled along with many other Americans at how a passenger airliner can fly right thru the middle of our nations capital and into the most secure building in the country, and theres not 1 bit of footage on this. Cmon man....you must admit something is fishy!

Old 09-15-2011, 06:25 PM

684 posts, read 1,121,680 times
Lets be honest, white people are always OTT. Mostly man-ginas.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:39 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
If it isnt a "fact" that our govt or media hasnt produced a single video of a plane flying thru our nations capital and into the Pentagon, then I challenge you to present one and post it here.
A couple of posts back, someone explained to you that the planes came from the Virginia side. That would have made it impossible for them to arrive via the District of Columbia. So, no, I'm not going to post a video--mainly because no such thing exists. Look at a map, for heaven's sake.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:35 PM

655 posts, read 1,991,614 times
I'm sure this will be unpopular stance, but I don't have a problem with the extra searches at airports and I fly once or twice a year. Maybe it's because I have nothing to hide that's against the law.

Would people rather any threat be ignored and shrugged off or would you rather a diligent law enforcement effort even if the initial lead isn't anything substantial? I'd rather spend the extra few minutes at the airport security line to ensure nothing funny is happening.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:17 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1979 View Post
I'm sure this will be unpopular stance, but I don't have a problem with the extra searches at airports and I fly once or twice a year. Maybe it's because I have nothing to hide that's against the law.

Would people rather any threat be ignored and shrugged off or would you rather a diligent law enforcement effort even if the initial lead isn't anything substantial? I'd rather spend the extra few minutes at the airport security line to ensure nothing funny is happening.
I'd rather live in the America I was born in, where you didn't have armed government thugs around every corner demanding to search your possessions. Going through an airport -- or the subway, on the days they are doing the searches -- is like something out of an old WWII movie. And in those, the guys with the guns demanding "papers please" were understood to be the BAD GUYS!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:37 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,448,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1979 View Post

You make too much sense. In America, it's kind of forbidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
I'd rather live in the America I was born in, where you didn't have armed government thugs around every corner demanding to search your possessions. Going through an airport -- or the subway, on the days they are doing the searches -- is like something out of an old WWII movie. And in those, the guys with the guns demanding "papers please" were understood to be the BAD GUYS!
I bet you're one of those people (I ASSUME) who would be the first to shout and yell, if another horrible attack, would ever take place. You don't know what you're talking about and maybe you should research a bit more before commenting on something you're clueless about.

This notion that workers at the airport just want to harass people is completely false and lacks any solid evidence. Maybe if people, when walking through metal DETECTORS would divest all METAL, they wouldn't need additional searches. Whether people like it or not TSA is apart of a federal agency. And it's not going anywhere. So you can comply or you just won't fly.

I think they do their job pretty well. The backlash they get is unnecessary and cruel.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:17 PM

655 posts, read 1,991,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
There are a million different things we'd all love to go back to, but this is reality. And I don't know where you are going, but I've only be asked for ID at the following places in the last 10 years and that's excluding offices I've worked in:

- Airports
- Bars
- Amtrak
- Arenas/Stadiums when picking up will call tickets for concerts or sporting events

So I don't know where you're getting this WWII notion of being demanded to see your papers at every turn you make.

Like I've said, if you're a law-abiding person with nothing to hide, then this shouldn't be a big deal.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:32 AM

224 posts, read 347,432 times
Security is good, but it is a bit overboard nowadays. We're all going to die anyway..so if my fate is departing this earth on a hijacked plane...then so be it.

Life is too short for all this nonsense.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:13 AM

244 posts, read 664,533 times
This says it all :

The Corbett Report | 9/11: A Conspiracy Theory
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City