U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-02-2011, 10:37 AM

292 posts, read 327,087 times

Advertisements

I can't believe anyone is diminishing or borderline defending loss of jobs and a potential loss of a business connected to this thing.

At some point these people need to take their protest to where it might have an effect, instead of causing MORE damage. ALBANY, City Hall, Gracie Mansion, or, hey, WASHINGTON, DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 10:39 AM

8,752 posts, read 9,695,904 times
Available..I am very glad that most of the people who transformed our country, and the world, into a better place did not believe ultimately that it was "an exercise in futility."

Imigawd, if you lived in my world (aka reality) you would realize 20 people losing their job vs 300 million losing their way of life is probably a bigger issue. PS..they are also fighting for you...how does that get lost to you? They are fighting to be sure you have livable wages, we live in a meritocracy, corporations don't undermine your rights, and greed and corruption is prevented and prosecuted. So what's the problem here?

Artzilla, they started the movement where all of this started, WALL ST. They are now in cities across the world, including DC, Albany..you name it..they are there. Why are people trying so hard to fight against someone that is fighting for YOU!!!!!!! What is seriously wrong with you?

Old 11-02-2011, 10:47 AM

4,556 posts, read 3,818,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Available..I am very glad that most of the people who transformed our country, and the world, into a better place did not believe ultimately that it was "an exercise in futility."
Lolwut? Our country is in one of the worst times in history right now. And forget about the world. This is what these protests are about. Are you talking in circles again?

Old 11-02-2011, 11:00 AM

1,365 posts, read 543,214 times
These protesters are going about it the wrong way. The way to hurt wall street is in the pockets. Has trading/investing been affected by these protests? Most likely NOT.
  • Stop buying products that are not NECESSATIES. Forget the new iphone, ipad, droid, tv, etc. A lot of these OWS have iphones, ipads etc. Apple sleeps with Wall Street. Every major corporation deals with an aspect of wall street.
  • Stop shopping from major corporations.
  • Limit or refrain from luxury entertainment. Eg - Movies, Sports events, etc. Instead travel domestically or internationally since it will open your mind and you get to see the world.
  • Limit your investing
  • Put your money in a local bank
The OWS will not change anything.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:06 AM

3,918 posts, read 2,247,133 times
Quote:
Why are people trying so hard to fight against someone that is fighting for YOU!!!!!!! What is seriously wrong with you?
Do we get any say in that, or do we just HAVE to agree that they are fighting for us? Basically, are you saying that based on income level, we HAVE to agree with these "freedom fighters"?

I'm asking because if I'm forced to accept that they are fighting for me, then I have a hard time figuring out how this is anything other than business as usual. (sarcasm here of course)

On a serious note, there are level of stratification within the so-called "99%" that these idiots seem to easily overlook. My economic situation, which is solidly middle-class, is very comfortable for me and I have no complaints. I'm high enough within the 99% to not need some dirty college kids speaking for me, thank you very much.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:

Artzilla, they started the movement where all of this started, WALL ST. They are now in cities across the world, including DC, Albany..you name it..they are there. Why are people trying so hard to fight against someone that is fighting for YOU!!!!!!! What is seriously wrong with you?

I am wondering what is seriously wrong with YOU if you can't understand what I am saying here. Wall Street did not CREATE the laws that allowed whatever it is OWS is protesting to go on. What would make sense is if they concentrated their protest AT THE ACTUAL SOURCE..WASHINGTON DC. The state capitals. Not some damn park.

I have to love hysterics who are so frightened that someone is criticizing their sacred protest cow that they miss the point, and it is OBVIOUSLY COUNTERPRODUCTIVE if this protest causes businesses to have to close and more people to lose their jobs because of the obstruction.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Klato View Post
These protesters are going about it the wrong way. The way to hurt wall street is in the pockets. Has trading/investing been affected by these protests? Most likely NOT.
  • Stop buying products that are not NECESSATIES. Forget the new iphone, ipad, droid, tv, etc. A lot of these OWS have iphones, ipads etc. Apple sleeps with Wall Street. Every major corporation deals with an aspect of wall street.
  • Stop shopping from major corporations.
  • Limit or refrain from luxury entertainment. Eg - Movies, Sports events, etc. Instead travel domestically or internationally since it will open your mind and you get to see the world.
  • Limit your investing
  • Put your money in a local bank
Now THAT is a brain at work. Excellent points.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:33 AM

4,502 posts, read 8,068,407 times
Quote:

Imigawd, if you lived in my world (aka reality) you would realize 20 people losing their job vs 300 million losing their way of life is probably a bigger issue. PS..they are also fighting for you...how does that get lost to you? They are fighting to be sure you have livable wages, we live in a meritocracy, corporations don't undermine your rights, and greed and corruption is prevented and prosecuted. So what's the problem here?

So it's okay for them to basically force a business to close and people lose their jobs?? Does it REALLY matter if it's 20 or 2000??? Isn't that the same crap they're fighting against????? They have now created a situation where 20 families are going to go without. Gee, I wonder if they'll take any of that donated 250K and offer something to the 20 people or the business owner for what they caused?? Somehow, I doubt it.

They're not fighting for me. I work and, yes, I do struggle at times. However, I don't need some 20-something college kid with his iPhone, iPad, iPod, laptop, etc speaking for me.

Why don't they pack up their tents and take it to DC?

Old 11-02-2011, 11:58 AM

288 posts, read 312,620 times
Is there a confirmed source for this information that people have been fired "because of OWS"? Otherwise this whole discussion is futile.

And to the ones who say that they are comfortable enough to not care about the OWS, the fact that EVERY SINGLE politician in this country is bought and paid for by banks and corporations, and the fact that the Fed is holding the American economy hostage concerns everyone. Regardless if you're living in dire circumstances or own a home and do just fine for yourself. That should concern you just as much as those "dirty college kids". In my humble opinion at least...

Old 11-02-2011, 12:09 PM

8,538 posts, read 7,898,895 times
Default Please Read I promise you it is educational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Libya got freedom only when the shot Khaddafi.

Libya is not free and neither is America . For all I know the people of Libya are going to be in worse shape NOW than when they were under Gadaffi. America and its criminal allies (NATO) planned a coup to take out Gadaffi. This is a serious crime. There is no perfect ruler but this guy as I heard (no not mainsteam) took care of his people in Libya and the only reason why America decided to go after him was because he was going to sell his oil in exchange for gold instead of having it traded in dollars and he asked the African Union to join in on this. He would have created a new form of currency (gold dinars) and issue it to his people and as a result the people of the African nations would for the first time have actual (REAL MONEY OF VALUE IN THEIR HANDS) Our dollar notes are not money by the way its counterfit but as I was with Gadaffi

So if this were to happen should there be any country in need of oil it would no longer matter as to how many dollars a nation intends to trade but how much gold a country has.

The powers that be that control America and the world will of course NEVER ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN .

This was also done to Sadam Hussein. Instead of selling his oil for dollars he wanted it traded for Euros and as a result he's gone. And Iraq as I have come to understand was far better under him than it is right now.
Those are the only reasons why those two are gone. Look at the video below if you want the truth because the American media isnt going to give it to you.

There are many dictators in this world and America and the powers do absolutely nothing to them WHY? Because they are already under the control of the international bankers so they are left to rule as they please
"Give me the power to issue money in a country and I care not who make the laws" - Meyer Amschel Rothschild (1744 - 1812)founder of the Rothschild family international banking dynasty.

Watch the vid

Saving the world economy from Gaddafi - Gold Dinar - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City