Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 11:43 AM

288 posts, read 565,591 times

Advertisements

Explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 12:18 PM

675 posts, read 1,253,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Did they lock em all up yet?
NOBODY has been locked up and that's the point. If me and you try to do the same thing we would be sent to prison. With these guys at the most they may pay a small fine. Here's one example:

How a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico's murderous drug gangs
How a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico's murderous drug gangs | World news | The Observer

But of course according to some on this thread things like this are small potatoes compared to drum noises down at the park

Old 11-16-2011, 12:40 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,916,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
NOBODY has been locked up and that's the point. If me and you try to do the same thing we would be sent to prison. With these guys at the most they may pay a small fine. Here's one example:

How a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico's murderous drug gangs
How a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico's murderous drug gangs | World news | The Observer

But of course according to some on this thread things like this are small potatoes compared to drum noises down at the park
Corporations, Politicians, and Evil-doers lie in the same bed.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:49 PM

18,950 posts, read 13,838,201 times
Quote:
Who has said that? Do you have an example of a poster who believes drums are worse than banks laundering drug money?

Old 11-16-2011, 01:52 PM

675 posts, read 1,253,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Klato View Post
Corporations, Politicians, and Evil-doers lie in the same bed.
I agree but guess who gets bailed out by the taxpayers when their schemes blow up?

Old 11-16-2011, 01:58 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,916,518 times
Quote:
I agree but guess who gets bailed out by the taxpayers when their schemes blow up?
If you're not part of the system then you're facked!!!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:29 PM

206 posts, read 293,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Already did it, the American way. Refer to the historic election results of 2010. THAT'S how you bring about real change.
I'm sorry but the only logical response I can conjure for this is a big LOL. I can't believe you are actually serious. I'm literally laughing out loud. Thank you.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:41 PM

206 posts, read 293,683 times
They did not clear the park because of health/safety concerns. There are doctors and EMT's involved in working groups at the park at ALL times. There are people cleaning the park at ALL times. If you are someone who is saying the park is a cesspool or filthy, you have obviously either not actually seen the park, or are blindly gripping to corporate dogma. Some people there smell, yes. Thats what happens when you camp outside for weeks and months. But the notion that the park is run down and filthy is a myth and a pretext to evict citizens from the park.

They claimed that they were removing property and that protestors could go retrieve their property, but as they stomped and slashed tents, threw thousands of books into DSNY dump trucks one has to stop and ask - is this how you 'seize' property, by destroying it?

People are allowed back in the park yes, but only after Bloomberg switched judges to bypass an injunction that allowed the protestors and their property back in the park - they are now not allowed to have tents, sleeping bags, or 'large' boxes. Obviously mayors words are a pretext for eviction.

Police have been cracking down across the country:
Pregnant woman pepper sprayed at Occupy Seattle - CBS News

This is acceptable in a free society? Unarmed elderly women getting pepper sprayed?

As I'm typing this I see that Stagger Lee and Mr Klatho actually enjoy seeing the abuse of senior citizens. Kudos to you for challenging my opinion of humanity.

It looks like milk because it is milk - milk neutralizes pepper spray.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:43 PM

1,196 posts, read 836,975 times
Public Policy Polling, a Democratic firm that has been correct with most of its election surveys this year, has a new survey that indicates the Occupy movement is grating on people. Surprisingly, after two months of Occupiers defiling public spaces across America, voters are suddenly more fond of tea partiers than of occupiers. Even better, Tea Party favorables are up ten points from a month ago among independent voters.

The Occupy Wall Street movement is not wearing well with voters across the country. Only 33% now say that they are supportive of its goals, compared to 45% who say they oppose them. That represents an 11 point shift in the wrong direction for the movement's support compared to a month ago when 35% of voters said they supported it and 36% were opposed. Most notably independents have gone from supporting Occupy Wall Street's goals 39/34, to opposing them 34/42.

Voters don't care for the Tea Party either, with 42% saying they support its goals to 45% opposed. But asked whether they have a higher opinion of the Tea Party or Occupy Wall Street movement the Tea Party wins out 43-37, representing a flip from last month when Occupy Wall Street won out 40-37 on that question. Again the movement with independents is notable- from preferring Occupy Wall Street 43-34, to siding with the Tea Party 44-40.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:23 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,228,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Vigoda View Post

It looks like milk because it is milk - milk neutralizes pepper spray.
Good to know. I was once pepper sprayed and at the EM room they didn't treat me with milk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City