Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 AM

4,419 posts, read 5,151,002 times

Advertisements

New Canaan is the richest, followed by Bronxville,
Scarsdale and Saddle River.

The Wealthiest on LI is Cold Spring Harbor.

Richest place in all of Metro NY is Central Park South
with a per capita income of $142,423.

Pretties and Wealthy imo would include
New Canaan, CT
Westport, CT
Darien, CT
Madison, CT
Rye, NY
Cold Spring, NY
Bedford Village, NY
Katonah, NY
Scarsdale, NY
Bronxville, NY
Irvington, NY
Chappaqua, NY
Great Neck, NY
Manhasset, NY
Locust Valley, NY
Oyster Bay, NY
Roslyn, NY
Southampton, NY
East Hampton, NY
Port Jefferson, NY
Northport, NY
Garden City, NY
Ridgewood, NJ
Ho ho kus, NJ
Glen Rock, NJ
Upper Montclair, NJ
Millburn, NJ
Summit, NJ
Westfield, NJ
Chatham, NJ
Madison, NJ
Harding, NJ
Mendham, NJ
Bernardsville, NJ
Basking Ridge, NJ
Clinton, NJ
Sparta, NJ
Princeton, NJ
Cranbury, NJ
Hopewell, NJ
Pennington, NJ
Rumson, NJ
Spring Lake, NJ
Fair Haven, NJ
Sea Girt, NJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 08:57 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Northport's a nice looking town on the water

cold spring is pretty, but it's not definitely not wealthy, median income $53k / year. Barely feels like a suburb, more like a small town surrounded by countryside that happens to have a metro north station.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:36 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Most of Bergen County, NJ, qualifies with few exceptions.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:47 AM

654 posts, read 944,939 times
The North Shore of Long Island is the best, the most historically significant, and the most attractive--if, that is, you can afford it. I'm talking about places like Oyster Bay, Lattingtown, Manhasset, Bayville, Sea Cliff, Sands Point, and Glen Cove. When I was a teen, my parents retired to FL--they couldn't afford to live there after ceasing to work full-time. It's a shame, because it's a wonderful place. If you have the money, you can have a wonderful life living on the North Shore (aka "The Gold Coast").

Old 04-11-2013, 02:15 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,324,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
I used to live in Harrison, across from the train station. It was maybe a half mile or so from the Rye border.

I liked it a lot. I shared a house with some other guys. It was within walking distance to the grocery store, pharmacy, and a half dozen delis/cafes, which is often not the case for a suburban area. Plus I could walk over to the train station and it was something like 40 minutes to Grand Central.

I was (still am) a single guy with no kids, so I wasn't super involved with the neighbors and such, but the area definitely had a nice sense of community. It seemed like a fairly safe place to let your kids run around a play, at least as safe as anywhere can be nowadays.
Oh god, don't remind me of that place. It was ****ing awful living there. A lot of the people were pretentious pricks. I knew maybe like 10 decent people, the rest was pretty much Dick Nation. Seriously, I don't think people realize the sheer amount of drugs that are located here. Harrison would make Charlie Sheen blush with embarrassment. Another thing that sucks is the nightlife, or rather the lack of it.

Queens is so much better

Old 04-11-2013, 02:24 PM

199 posts, read 1,106,401 times
Rich does not equal best..I have so many horror stories for you, lol

Old 06-16-2013, 05:07 PM

21 posts, read 62,319 times
Westchester is known nation wide as one of the richest counties in America. All three towns you mention are excellent. Bronxville, nice too.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:49 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,679,941 times
I always liked the Bronx River corridor between Scarsdale and Fleetwood

Old 06-16-2013, 06:07 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
What are the richest most beautiful suburbs in the New York metro area?

Rye? Greenwich? Scarsdale?
Yeah, those 3 and the Town's along the North Shore of LI. Also have some nice spots in Rockland County.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:29 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,679,941 times
I grew up in Rockland but I didn't particularly care for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City