Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:17 PM

69 posts, read 251,922 times

Advertisements

hey guys anyone know about the neighborhood "strang ave" or taken their road test there? I am schedule to take it on monday and have no clue how its going to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 08:23 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,576,962 times
Default yeah it's in Wakefield

I don't work far from there at all. i took my road test in Rockland County in 1978 so i can't tell you what road tests are like in The Bronx but i can tell you it's a quiet residential area but be careful of those speeding cars, if you make a wrong move around speeding cars they won't pass you, it happened to me, i turned too soon and failed

pick a time of day when there's less cars on the road, like the day after a holiday at 10AM is ideal

i did that and i passed

Old 09-24-2011, 08:33 PM

My road test is schedule for 10:00 am on Monday and i cant reschedule (i could but they will charge me $40). Is there a lot of turns and signs at strang ave?

Old 09-24-2011, 09:16 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,437,411 times
I took my road test on Strang avenue and it's easy, trust me. Try to keep this in mind. They will ask to to make at lest two left turns, two right turns, a broken U, and a parralel park. when you break it down like that, it's pretty easy. Note when I took my test I was asked to park right after my broken U. My advice will be just to show extra cuation, that's what they look for.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:19 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,437,411 times
Another thing, when you first get into the car, check all your mirrors, rearview as well as drivers mirror, and then don't do anything until the instructor tells you to.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:08 PM

How are the turns? Are they sharp turns? Also, i tried to google map the location but didnt find anything. What is the site next to?

Old 09-25-2011, 02:18 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,576,962 times
Default it's like block after block

with a few lights and stop signs. i think it runs from the Mt Vernon line to Baychester Avenue or Barnes Avenue

Old 09-25-2011, 06:07 PM

174 posts, read 414,299 times
I just did mine a few weeks ago and passed. I am Australian and drive on the other side of the road too LOL. Apparently the Strang Ave site is the best one with the nicest examiners. So glad I did it there I only loss 5 points for making right hand turns wide ( its because I am use to driving on the other side PML)

I had only driven here twice too. However I have been driving for 25 years. Main thing is not to bump the kerb!!! Apparently even if you do the test fine but when you go back to drop them off if you bump the kerb its an instant fail.Its better to be far away from the kerb my instructor told me.
Good luck!!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutais View Post
I just did mine a few weeks ago and passed. I am Australian and drive on the other side of the road too LOL. Apparently the Strang Ave site is the best one with the nicest examiners. So glad I did it there I only loss 5 points for making right hand turns wide ( its because I am use to driving on the other side PML)

I had only driven here twice too. However I have been driving for 25 years. Main thing is not to bump the kerb!!! Apparently even if you do the test fine but when you go back to drop them off if you bump the kerb its an instant fail.Its better to be far away from the kerb my instructor told me.
Good luck!!
Good to hear you passed. i am so nervous, lol. What is the site next to? I am trying to locate it on google maps.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:56 AM

So i failed the test. Im soooooo MADD!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City