Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2011, 11:59 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times

Advertisements

With eyes full of pepper spray.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:27 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,289,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
The armored car robbery incident is interesting because the shootout was all perpetuated by the DRIVER. The robbers never fired a shot. The driver should go to jail too for recklessness and shooting into MTA buses. Just because his company's money got stolen does not give him to right to put so many innocent bystanders in danger.
I agree, property is not worth shooting over...if the robbers stuck him up or shot at him first, then the lethal force would be justified.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:46 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,650 times
Reggie Andrews Shot to Death Outside Home on Birthday - DNAinfo.com

Even though dude had a record for drugs, it's still sad he was killed especially on his birthday, which I suspect is not a coincidence.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:15 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,650 times
Anti-Latino hate crime surges in 2010; 66.6% of ethnic-bias victims*were of Hispanic origin versus 45% in 2009 * - NY Daily News

Not surprised by anything in this article.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:48 PM

669 posts, read 1,273,241 times
Killer gunman opens fire inside Chelsea night club*where NFL and NBA players were partying* - NY Daily News

Old 11-15-2011, 01:54 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,525 times
That man should get a medal.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:17 AM

810 posts, read 836,628 times
It's back to the "gritty" New York everyone wanted. Now the local thugs are getting their way stabbing, shooting and beating people, yet by the way the cops are acting its the occupiers that are the real danger.

Brooklyn accountant stabbed to death in Sheepshead Bay - NYPOST.com
Quote:
A hardworking 50-year-old accountant who was parking her new Mercedes convertible was stabbed to death yesterday just steps from her apartment in Brooklyn, cops said.
Larisa Komsky’s bloodcurdling screams woke up neighbors at around 12:45 a.m. on normally quiet Homecrest Avenue in Sheepshead Bay.
“What are you doing here?” a terrified Komsky shouted at her attacker, according to sources.
Frightening New York City subway attack caught on video | 7online.com
Quote:
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is investigating a frightening attack on a subway train in which three men beat up one rider, and it was all caught on camera.
The incident happened earlier this month on a Brooklyn-bound L train, near the Myrtle Wyckoff stop along the border of Brooklyn and Queens.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:24 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,372,483 times
It is in no way back to the gritty NY nobody wanted. Nothing here is new or surprising....and these types of incidences also happened while crime was plummeting all through the late 90s to late 2000s.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:25 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,338 times
The second video was right by me on the borderline of Ridgewood and Bushwick and if you see the three women who were questioned they were all from my neighborhood... It says Bushwick but the assault happened right on the borderline... Now listening to the whole thing on Worldstarhiphop, the moron who kept on responding to these idiots asked for it... In no way am I condoning what these guys did because more than likely they were just on the train to start problems but if you see guys that look agitated or angry you simply get out of the train or move to another part of the train, its as simple as that... I don't care how tough you think you are... you're not gonna win on a 3 on 1... And I had posted about something like this before and a couple of people had told me that this has happened for years and that I was simply out of the loop...

But I have to respectfully disagree with these statements... Back in my day, it wasn't you beat me up so I'm gonna take a gun and kill you... You were viewed as a punk if you did something like that... Also you never saw people record or (if you prefer) take pictures of someone getting kicked on the floor especially if you didn't know the person and just continue watching without being affected by it in the slightest...

Back then, being in a number of scraps myself, and seeing a number of fights happen one of three things would happen... If someone was getting brutally beat up, either they had a vested interest in the fight and would root for one or the other until it got out of hand and then they would stop it... or they would try to come to help out the person or three, they would keep it moving for fear of getting messed up themselves or they didn't care... No one enjoyed seeing a guy they didn't know get his face bashed in... This is a product of today's generation and I don't care who disagrees with me... The large amount of video evidence in recent years confirms my point... Am I saying that this never happened back then? of course not... But nowhere near the level that we see it today and it's like people don't even care about anyone other than themselves nowadays especially the youth and its sad...

Old 11-16-2011, 12:39 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
The second video was right by me on the borderline of Ridgewood and Bushwick and if you see the three women who were questioned they were all from my neighborhood... It says Bushwick but the assault happened right on the borderline... Now listening to the whole thing on Worldstarhiphop, the moron who kept on responding to these idiots asked for it... In no way am I condoning what these guys did because more than likely they were just on the train to start problems but if you see guys that look agitated or angry you simply get out of the train or move to another part of the train, its as simple as that... I don't care how tough you think you are... you're not gonna win on a 3 on 1... And I had posted about something like this before and a couple of people had told me that this has happened for years and that I was simply out of the loop...

But I have to respectfully disagree with these statements... Back in my day, it wasn't you beat me up so I'm gonna take a gun and kill you... You were viewed as a punk if you did something like that... Also you never saw people record or (if you prefer) take pictures of someone getting kicked on the floor especially if you didn't know the person and just continue watching without being affected by it in the slightest...

Back then, being in a number of scraps myself, and seeing a number of fights happen one of three things would happen... If someone was getting brutally beat up, either they had a vested interest in the fight and would root for one or the other until it got out of hand and then they would stop it... or they would try to come to help out the person or three, they would keep it moving for fear of getting messed up themselves or they didn't care... No one enjoyed seeing a guy they didn't know get his face bashed in... This is a product of today's generation and I don't care who disagrees with me... The large amount of video evidence in recent years confirms my point... Am I saying that this never happened back then? of course not... But nowhere near the level that we see it today and it's like people don't even care about anyone other than themselves nowadays especially the youth and its sad...
I also saw the vid on WSHH and i agree that the dude was asking for trouble. The vid starts late in the arguement since i guy took off his shirt. Although, it should have been a 1 vs 1. The guy should have kept his comments to himself or moved to another train car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City