Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 08:16 PM

112 posts, read 194,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomascpotter View Post
186* starting cdl training tomorrow. What are the chances of making the November class?

id say 50/50 1800 is a lil high they bring ppl in cdl training as backups. they mite get up to ur number but i no alot ppl from 1000 to 1200 that r waitn on this novemeber so id say 50. 50 good luck

Old 10-10-2011, 09:20 PM

208 posts, read 437,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad397 View Post
The brookly bridge is on sale right now aswell... preference on driving has nothing to do with being a loader or driver. When i see you in district and im out of town as a driver im sure you will load the entire shift for me nabz...
I like the part about the driver having to goto the dump

Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 AM

128 posts, read 268,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris905 View Post
Hey... we on SI don't have safety stores... I found everything I needed at Home Depot

Also, I was told we, being on probation, should not wear the dickies for they are not official uniform pants and we can get written up for it. I just wasn't taking any chance for something so small so I only bought official uniform clothing.
Thanks Kris and nabz. It's 5am first day in the district. Good luck to all and let's hope transfers and permanent assignments will come out this week.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:24 AM

86 posts, read 144,741 times
A lot of you guys are talking nonsense. Yes, there are parking permits, I've always had one and still do. If queens west or another area dont its BC they have a big lot. And they prob can make a stink bout it if it's still hard to park. It will most likely be irrelevant whether you're a loader or driver right now. Not many of you will make days after the first month anyway. Some will get lucky and get a broom tissue or possibly another tissue but most wont. Put your transfers in immediately BC of the two classes after this one, you may get it. And research where you may have a chance going. If you put something like bk11 or Staten island on your three choices, you're wasting it bc it'll never happen. Too many guys are already waiting to go there. I know people that got fired on probation so take it seriously. Nothing I say is nonsense, I know what I'm talking about.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:05 AM

243 posts, read 680,604 times
September class is detached. We were told to put in transfers once we get to our perm garage.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by round robin View Post
A lot of you guys are talking nonsense. Yes, there are parking permits, I've always had one and still do. If queens west or another area dont its BC they have a big lot. And they prob can make a stink bout it if it's still hard to park. It will most likely be irrelevant whether you're a loader or driver right now. Not many of you will make days after the first month anyway. Some will get lucky and get a broom tissue or possibly another tissue but most wont. Put your transfers in immediately BC of the two classes after this one, you may get it. And research where you may have a chance going. If you put something like bk11 or Staten island on your three choices, you're wasting it bc it'll never happen. Too many guys are already waiting to go there. I know people that got fired on probation so take it seriously. Nothing I say is nonsense, I know what I'm talking about.
Supposedly transfers will b out on thursday. Does that mean that the sept. class will get their permanent assignments on Friday ?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:02 AM

Also what do i put in for if I live in SI ? Don't wanna waste a transfer on SI or bk11. Any suggestions ? Ty.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:06 AM

62 posts, read 113,943 times
Transfers just came thru. Call your districts. good luck everyone.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM

473 posts, read 930,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round robin View Post
Nothing you say is nonsense? You must be the only sanman in the entire city that doesn't speak nonsense

Old 10-11-2011, 01:46 PM

56 posts, read 90,582 times
Does anyone have a list of locations that they could post with pro's and con's. I would like to have an idea of where these places are before i get otj so im prepared to put in a transfer closer to home if need be. Also is there any truth to the idea of you make more money depending on what borough or location you work in. ex. Manhattan vs Queens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City