U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-29-2011, 09:34 AM

40 posts, read 34,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKiDFeRo View Post
u need a loan for a uniform?....what are u homeless?
Lol not even alitte bit homeless. Just looking for some info, I know the paychecks are not that much in the beginning. It's good to know all your opinions before making decisions.

Unread 09-29-2011, 09:50 AM

116 posts, read 133,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKiDFeRo View Post
u need a loan for a uniform?....what are u homeless?
Not cool.

As far as the loan goes mcu will come and talk to you about that in the first two weeks of training. I don't think you can find it on the website. Some advice - don't take it if u can get away with it. In the beginning the checks are low and you will have plenty of deductions like union dues and cdl training coming out every single week making the checks even lower. Now deduct for the loan at 13% interest and you're coming home with almost nothing. See if u can borrow some money from a family member.

Unread 09-29-2011, 09:55 AM

40 posts, read 34,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olo123 View Post
Not cool.

As far as the loan goes mcu will come and talk to you about that in the first two weeks of training. I don't think you can find it on the website. Some advice - don't take it if u can get away with it. In the beginning the checks are low and you will have plenty of deductions like union dues and cdl training coming out every single week making the checks even lower. Now deduct for the loan at 13% interest and you're coming home with almost nothing. See if u can borrow some money from a family member.
Thanks for the info and advice.
Was wondering about it. I don't need one, just thinking if it was a low interest rate then maybe I would think about it.

Unread 09-29-2011, 11:43 AM

24 posts, read 47,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olo123 View Post
Not cool.

13% ?? who's lending you the money John Gotti?? lol

Unread 09-29-2011, 01:07 PM

41 posts, read 33,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan21 View Post
prob stupid question but you guys needed to get you uniforms before 30 day training at FBF correct?
They gave us a week to get our uniforms and begin wearing them. But most people had them on within 3 days....

Unread 09-29-2011, 01:09 PM

200 posts, read 366,676 times
What districts are you guys and gals doing your ojt in?
How are they treating you and are you enjoying it?

Unread 09-29-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss89# View Post
Can someone please shed some light on the MCU loan for uniforms. I have heard it is $1500 but can't seem to find any info online.
Yes.. it's $1500 that they offer you.. you have to take the whole thing, but if you don't want to use it all, you can pay it right back...they take the payments right out of your check.. it's about $26.88 per week and it's paid off in 15 months. You also have the option to open a visa card... and you HAVE to open a savings account if you want anything.

Unread 09-29-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan21 View Post
I dont get why they dont give Probies the Uniform allowance in first check. It would make sense. Thats when your going to need it the most, they make you buy a bunch of stuff and check your reciept wich is understandable. But, this is when you would need the allowance the most. You will never be required again to purchase so much stuff all at once. Just saying. That Sh%# Cray.
You have to be on the job 6 months before you can get the check... we will get ours in March and then another the end of next year.

Unread 09-29-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearman View Post
What districts are you guys and gals doing your ojt in?
How are they treating you and are you enjoying it?
I'm going to BK 9 next week for ojt... so far it seems cool...

Unread 09-29-2011, 01:34 PM

24 posts, read 47,059 times
I just got "the call". FP is Monday the 3rd and I report to FBF on Oct 11th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City