Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 12:22 AM

56 posts, read 90,714 times

Advertisements

Do they try to put you close to home when placing new guys or does it not matter to them? I herd that manhattan is the best place to work because somehow you make more money there. Is that true? How about Queens locations, any good ones there?

Old 10-01-2011, 12:32 AM

38 posts, read 68,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKodak View Post
Hey im 17xx, I took medical and already have my CDL Im wondering why they still havent taken my medical off pending status when i took it two weeks ago......I got a call from someone from there asking if i took my xrays because the DR didnt send them smh. They assured me they would reach out to the DR and have them sent..... Am i being jerked arond here? Is october class really full? I wonder if i have a shot at the november class since im ready to roll and i have everything pretty much other than a confirmation that i passed the medical
I had to wait for my medical also . So that does not mean you are disqualified . The October class is full but your chances for November are still good keep your head up and goodluck

Old 10-01-2011, 02:42 AM

176 posts, read 374,552 times
Quote:
Do they try to put you close to home when placing new guys or does it not matter to them? I herd that manhattan is the best place to work because somehow you make more money there. Is that true? How about Queens locations, any good ones there?
You will be placed where your needed most. Most times, thats the Bronx.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:28 AM

389 posts, read 774,851 times
Quote:
Hey im 17xx, I took medical and already have my CDL Im wondering why they still havent taken my medical off pending status when i took it two weeks ago......I got a call from someone from there asking if i took my xrays because the DR didnt send them smh. They assured me they would reach out to the DR and have them sent..... Am i being jerked arond here? Is october class really full? I wonder if i have a shot at the november class since im ready to roll and i have everything pretty much other than a confirmation that i passed the medical
I wouldn't wait for someone to 'reach out' to the x-ray place. I would start calling the x-ray place myself or even visit if you' re in the area and find out what the delay is and get it corrected immediately.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:13 AM

136 posts, read 267,665 times
Quote:
sorry but they dont..i seen guys who live in staten island put into the bronx...when they work 4-12 they have to leave at 130 pm and then if u have to go back to work at 8am they would just stay at the garage..same for the 6-2 shift and comin back at midnight..i would say half of the 350 new sw's will be oredred to the bx..i was ..lol

Old 10-01-2011, 12:08 PM

146 posts, read 259,088 times
Quote:
LOL no offense but this maybe the funniest thing i have read on this in a long time

Old 10-01-2011, 12:11 PM

156 posts, read 327,200 times
They put you where they need you. You can always put in a tranfer closer to home later.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:20 PM

146 posts, read 259,088 times
this job out of all the city agencies is by far the worst for family and personal life, and have done little or nothing to make it better for a long long time.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:32 PM

5 posts, read 10,918 times
list 158* got a call on tuesday for FP Monday for 10/11 class, got a call back on Wednesday to be pulled out of FP because it was over booked she said I would def be in the Nov class????? we shall see..

Old 10-01-2011, 03:47 PM

8 posts, read 16,150 times
Bullprick is 100% right..I don't want to be a downer and im glad for the new hires but I just want to stress to them that you need to GET READY FOR A TOTAL LIFESTYLE CHANGE for the next few years..stick with the guys you come on with and the guys close to you in seniority because its sad but most guys will talk behind your back any chance they get..there is no unity on this job so don't trust anybody especially supervisors lol..I just want to give you guys a heads up because this job is so easy that you have guys who want to make it out to be the most important job in the world..those are the ones who ruined the job..you'll know exactly what I mean after a couple of months..prepare you and your family for the next few years that it will be a stressful time for your entire family..good luck and hope to work with some of you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City