Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 07:39 AM

24 posts, read 75,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisnyc View Post
Sanmanbro I went to macs yesterday . I put my order threw with no problem the guy there was very helpful . The only thing is that I have to pick it up after Tuesday with my picture ID . But I think it was worth going early only because I would have it before it's required .
Why did they have to "order" it? they dont just have them in the store ready to be taken right there and then?

Old 10-05-2011, 07:53 AM

389 posts, read 774,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan21 View Post
Why did they have to "order" it? they dont just have them in the store ready to be taken right there and then?
You must have department ID before you can remove anything from a uniform store. As a courtesy to those coming on the job, most of the places allow you to place your 'order' prior to your start date if you bring in something such as your notice for your FBF start date, etc. It kind of helps them too so that they don't have a mob scene in their stores when all these guys have to get their uniforms by the 3rd or 4th day at FBF.
After you recive your department ID the 1st or 2nd day at FBF then all you need to do is pick up your stuff.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:01 AM

116 posts, read 239,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan21 View Post
They have to embroider your name on the uniforms first.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:08 AM

147 posts, read 299,177 times
Paychecks people, paychecks! What are they looking like for the Sept. class guys? Important stuff, need to know. Thanks.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 AM

176 posts, read 374,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss89# View Post
Any of the otj guys know the better place for uniforms in the Bronx? Varsity on castle hill or Franks on tremont. Gonna go tomorrow.
I go to Varsity myself. I did used to go to Frank's couple years back, but quite a few times I had to wait a bit longer than needed for embroidered uniforms to get back. I still stop in sometimes to buy pants, but nothing that needs your name on it. But this is my reason for not going to Frank's.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:34 AM

49 posts, read 76,296 times
Hey guys....new on the blog and a novice at it! Im 279* on list....lookin like I still have a long wait hah?! You have to have your CDL permit when you report to Floyd rt? Congrats to all the guys called...its been a long rough wait!!! Guess I gotta continue delivering the friggin bread!

Last edited by aerojet; 10-05-2011 at 10:17 AM..

Old 10-05-2011, 09:45 AM

40 posts, read 71,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabz28ss View Post
I go to Varsity myself. I did used to go to Frank's couple years back, but quite a few times I had to wait a bit longer than needed for embroidered uniforms to get back. I still stop in sometimes to buy pants, but nothing that needs your name on it. But this is my reason for not going to Frank's.
Thanks man, I went to Frank's they seamed helpful but we will see how long the embroidering takes. They told me I didn't have to have the long sleeve T's embroidered. Is that right?

Old 10-05-2011, 10:04 AM

128 posts, read 268,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMansBro View Post
Paychecks people, paychecks! What are they looking like for the Sept. class guys? Important stuff, need to know. Thanks.
Paychecks suck. However not as bad as I thought. Depending on if you are single or claim dependents they vary anywhere between low 400s to high 400s. Oh and if u took cdl with dsny they take out 25 a week I think. For example I dont claim anyone and had my cdl before and my check was about 450. I'm getting into the deferred comp so it will go down again soon.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:09 AM

38 posts, read 68,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojet View Post
Hey guys....new on the blog and a novice at it! Im 2799 on list....lookin like I still have a long wait hah?! You have to have your CDL permit when you report to Floyd rt? Congrats to all the guys called...its been a long rough wait!!! Guess I gotta continue delivering the friggin bread!
I have a bit of advise for you . Go get your Cdl license on your own so that when you get called you will be put on the first class . it helps to have it and bumps you up on the list

Old 10-05-2011, 10:23 AM

103 posts, read 207,791 times
Cdl road test today in maspeth. Passed no prob. List number 148* waiting on the call now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City