Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2011, 10:18 AM

146 posts, read 258,248 times

Advertisements

check out the papers today article about hiring.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:37 AM

146 posts, read 258,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayskey View Post
Ppl forget the clubs lol is there a class or no...where's November blues when u need him
when they deny your xwp for a saturday and someone else gets his who you have beat seniority wise you gonna wish you had gone to some.lol

Old 10-22-2011, 11:07 AM

87 posts, read 125,489 times
What paper Bullprick??

Old 10-22-2011, 11:17 AM

269 posts, read 495,963 times
Trashing Sanit jobs - m.NYPOST.com

I know it says delayed or cancelled. But cancelled is probably more fitting, seeing how the class was gonna start 11/14 and finish 12/9. Any delay would make the class not ready in time for the snow season. The city was just gonna make it if they started on time. Let us not forget that the first 30 days on the job you have to be days, so that would have made the November class ready for NightPlow in the second week of January. And lets be realistic here, if the mayor can't be convinced that more recruits are needed goin into the winter, especially coming off the black eye we got last winter. Do not be surprised if it takes till next September for another class.Hopefully they will hire you guys sooner than that. Good Luck. Stay positive. And to all my fellow September class brethren. I hope you were realistic with your transfer locations if you wanted one. Cause it looks like you are only getting one shot at it, or be prepared to stay where you are for a while.

Last edited by jgreen6275; 10-22-2011 at 11:53 AM..

Old 10-22-2011, 11:36 AM

7 posts, read 11,591 times
November class either delayed or cancelled.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:22 PM

19 posts, read 32,292 times
FML..i lost my job during this whole process..
I am sooo screw'd..
"a bird in hand is Worth two in a bush"
Another one of life's lessons..
{lightbulb}Occupy Wall Street.. On my way.....
List# 146*

Old 10-22-2011, 12:26 PM

116 posts, read 239,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen6275 View Post
Trashing Sanit jobs - m.NYPOST.com

I know it says delayed or cancelled. But cancelled is probably more fitting, seeing how the class was gonna start 11/14 and finish 12/9. Any delay would make the class not ready in time for the snow season. The city was just gonna make it if they started on time. Let us not forget that the first 30 days on the job you have to be days, so that would have made the November class ready for NightPlow in the second week of January. And lets be realistic here, if the mayor can't be convinced that more recruits are needed goin into the winter, especially coming off the black eye we got last winter. Do not be surprised if it takes till next September for another class.Hopefully they will hire you guys sooner than that. Good Luck. Stay positive. And to all my fellow September class brethren. I hope you were realistic with your transfer locations if you wanted one. Cause it looks like you are only getting one shot at it, or be prepared to stay where you are for a while.
See, I'm not reading that article in the same pessimistic way as you guys. Harry Nespoli said loud and clear "If there is another blizzard WE CAN'T handle it. We are understaffed. I really don't think Mike Bloomberg wants more bad publicity, because if there IS another bad winter, and the same thing happens as last year, people will crucify this guy. I think he is going to have to bend to pressure to save his own skin

Old 10-22-2011, 12:31 PM

33 posts, read 48,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginBklyn View Post
See, I'm not reading that article in the same pessimistic way as you guys. Harry Nespoli said loud and clear "If there is another blizzard WE CAN'T handle it. We are understaffed. I really don't think Mike Bloomberg wants more bad publicity, because if there IS another bad winter, and the same thing happens as last year, people will crucify this guy. I think he is going to have to bend to pressure to save his own skin
I agree with the way you're looking at it. However, I think that the "Emperor" is willing to do the bare minimum. He doesn't care about anything but his own agenda. I'm not anti-semetic in ANY way, but I kinda found it funny how you said, "People will crucify this guy." IMHO he shoulda been ALONNNG time ago... :-)

Old 10-22-2011, 12:47 PM

71 posts, read 116,258 times
I'm trying to look at it in a positive light as well. Apparently it hasn't been cancelled or delayed yet, atleast that's the impression that I get from the article. There's still a sliver of hope that this class will happen. Obviously we'll have to wait for official word to really know for sure. We should all try to stay positive until then. And if by chance it doesn't work out, then lets hope for the mother of all snow storms to come. We'll see if the mayor can justify the cuts then.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:59 PM

103 posts, read 207,276 times
Just remember one thing,.bloomberg doesn't care about public opinion. He's in his last term. He can't run for reelection. So he is just going to dowhat he wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City