Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:49 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Blah blah blah...all that yapping but no PROOF to back up your claim other than YOUR opinion and what YOUR perception is being a RENTER.
I am an OWNER!
But unlike SOME here I can think outside my own personal interests.

Yes, Barry Goldwater could add when he was alive, however the CATO institute CANNOT...they can only BRAY. Lefties here don't quote Marx and Engels but idiotic landlords think posting right wing drivel is speaking sense...WRONG?
Yes crtiticizing something as stupid becasue of it's source is quite valid, expecially when an organization shows itself to be incredibly stupid, thoughtless, one sided and nothing but a propaganda engine, decade after decade in everything it publishes.
Quote:

Why don't you take some of your retirement time and take a couple of Economics courses at City or somewhere, then get back to us.
No need, I already have my Master's in Economics from a GOOD school. How about you?

Last edited by Kefir King; 10-11-2011 at 05:57 AM..

Old 10-11-2011, 07:03 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I am an OWNER!
But unlike SOME here I can think outside my own personal interests.

Yes, Barry Goldwater could add when he was alive, however the CATO institute CANNOT...they can only BRAY. Lefties here don't quote Marx and Engels but idiotic landlords think posting right wing drivel is speaking sense...WRONG?
Yes crtiticizing something as stupid becasue of it's source is quite valid, expecially when an organization shows itself to be incredibly stupid, thoughtless, one sided and nothing but a propaganda engine, decade after decade in everything it publishes.

No need, I already have my Master's in Economics from a GOOD school. How about you?
Oh really...you're an owner? So you mean to tell me you're a landlord? Is that what you're saying Kefir King? How many units do you own? Are they rent stabilized?

Old 10-11-2011, 07:25 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Oh really...you're an owner? So you mean to tell me you're a landlord? Is that what you're saying Kefir King? How many units do you own? Are they rent stabilized?

You really ARE a dimwit, aren't you?
Being a homeowner does NOT necessarily mean one is a landlord... Unless, perhaps to someone who has never left New York City, nor ever spoken to someone who isn't a landord.

Home ownership by those who are NOT landlords is quite common in the United States. You should get out of your building more...there's a world beyond landlords.

Watch HGTV and they will explain to you how people get to own homes and LIVE in them without becoming landlords. Broadly speaking such home ownership falls into such common categories as private detached homes, townhouses, condos, co-ops. It actually is the way MOST homes in the U.S. are owned.
If you concentrate, you'll get the drift.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:34 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Bwahahaha I love it
#OccupyRentStabilizedApartments

Kefir King, keep up the good fight my friend.

If they could get away with charging $1,900 in the Bronx, they would do it.
Hell, if I was a landlord and I could charge it I would. That's honesty for you.
Let some hipsters move into my tenement and I'll charge 'em as much as Mommy and Daddy can afford to send them. That way my kid gets to eat seafood as much as he wants, and all his Nintendo Wii games stay shiny.

Enough with that "what the market will bear" garbage.
Its charge "as much as I can get away with"

Lets look at ourselves in the mirror and be honest.

Turn NYC into an elite playground with a ring of suburban slums surrounding it, like how Boston is now, since they deregulated.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-11-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Bwahahaha I love it
#OccupyRentStabilizedApartments

Kefir King, keep up the good fight my friend.

If they could get away with charging $1,900 in the Bronx, they would do it.
Hell, if I was a landlord and I could charge it I would. That's honesty for you.
Let some hipsters move into my tenement and I'll charge 'em as much as Mommy and Daddy can afford to send them. That way my kid gets to eat seafood as much as he wants, and all his Nintendo Wii games stay shiny.

Enough with that "what the market will bear" garbage.
Its charge "as much as I can get away with"

Lets look at ourselves in the mirror and be honest.

Turn NYC into an elite playground with a ring of suburban slums surrounding it, like how Boston is now, since they deregulated.

You know nothing about real estate Seventh so don't talk what you don't know. Clearly you're cut from the SAME CLOTH as the rest of these losers who knock CAPITALISM. Because YOU are unable to capitalize on CAPITALISM, you choose to bash it.

You say "If they could get away with charging $1,900 in the Bronx, they would do it." but I ask you this Seventh...why don't they? Whats stopping Bronx Landlords from charging $1,900 in the Bronx?

I'll tell you what's stopping them from charging that...THE MARKET!

That's right Seventh, the MARKET determined the PRICE of rent, NOT the Landlord.

And to answer your question....yes of coarse..IF I could charge 1 million dollars a month for rent I would. Wouldn't you? BUT GUESS WHAT...I CAN'T!!!!!!! Because the MARKET doesn't allow me to.

Besides, whats with you people and the hate you have towards other people being successful and making money so they can provide a living for themselves and their families? Is that a bad thing? Oh I get it...misery loves COMPANY. You'd prefer me to be a loser like you, working dead end JOBS and get on section 8 and welfare! You want me to join the club. OK I get it.

Seventh seriously, are you jealous or something? Are you mad because you don't have the GUTS to take risk and open up your own business and take control of your life instead of someone controlling yours? Tired of WORKING FOR THE "MAN"?

Or are you that LAZY that you prefer to take the easy way out by WORKING for someone else and being someone's EMPLOYEE and taking orders from them? Yeah I bet thats it.

I'm a firm believer in accountability. You are where you are because YOU PUT YOURSELF THERE. If you don't like it, blame no one but YOURSELF!

Last edited by hilltopjay; 10-11-2011 at 07:20 PM..

Old 10-12-2011, 02:47 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
i suggest anyone who doesnt want to earn as much as they can in whatever it is they do for a living that you tell your boss you will gladely work for less than scale . better yet minimum wage.

why is it those that gripe the most about rent have no problem trying to earn as much as they can at what they do and getting top dollar for their skills and investments but if landlords do it its greedy and despicable.?

heres another suggestion if you work for the government and are due a life long pension and healthcare for life why not tell them forget it ,its to much of a strain on the public tax payers.

after all if one profession is expected not to maximize profits for the good of society maybe they all should.

Last edited by mathjak107; 10-12-2011 at 04:06 AM..

Old 10-12-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i suggest anyone who doesnt want to earn as much as they can in whatever it is they do for a living that you tell your boss you will gladely work for less than scale . better yet minimum wage.

why is it those that gripe the most about rent have no problem trying to earn as much as they can at what they do and getting top dollar for their skills and investments but if landlords do it its greedy and despicable.?

heres another suggestion if you work for the government and are due a life long pension and healthcare for life why not tell them forget it ,its to much of a strain on the public tax payers.

after all if one profession is expected not to maximize profits for the good of society maybe they all should.
Well said Mathjak! Take that Seventh!!! Bam! Let's see what clever response you have to that you hater!

Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
It really doesnt even require a response.

Its like everything in life when it comes to give ups or give backs..

It should only effect everyone else but myself.

Its the same way with the federal budget ,taxes etc. take from or limit the other guy ,not me!

Old 10-12-2011, 07:04 AM

People need to understand that every man is for themselves. Stop trying to look for the government to rescue you or give you a hand out. Each person has to do what they have to do to get ahead in life and make ends meet. Some people take the easy way out and choose to be someone else's employee and others have the drive and desire and take the initiative and become their own boss. Which side of the fence are you on? Are you the Chief or are you the Indian?

Old 10-12-2011, 05:27 PM

I'll let that sink in for a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City