Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 04:58 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBondGirl View Post
I read your post and I looked it up - the welfare statistics on Statistic Brain (a pretty reputable site, data source used was: US Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Department of Commerce, CATO Institute) is reporting that as of 9/30/13....... 17.5% of recipients are Hispanic, 38.8% are White and 38.9% are Black.

May I ask where you got your information? I'm curious and would like to do a little more research. Thank you I am also going to check out Angel Garcia's rants lol
Clearly you got nationwide stats. In NYC Hispanics are the most welfare dependent. I will assume that Puerto Ricans being US citzens, and Dominicans, being here longer, will make up the bulk of these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 05:45 AM

22 posts, read 46,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Clearly you got nationwide stats. In NYC Hispanics are the most welfare dependent. I will assume that Puerto Ricans being US citzens, and Dominicans, being here longer, will make up the bulk of these.
As far as NYC , got ya. But I was responding to zetsui's comment - which was "The highest rate of public assistance in the US by ethnicity goes to the Puerto Ricans". I was just curious where this poster got their information as that statement didn't seem factual after I looked it up in a few places.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:14 AM

2,238 posts, read 3,321,255 times
Very influential in NYC, and are very diverse and Puerto Rican descendants contribute much to NYC and the USA as well as back home into Puerto Rico

Old 12-23-2014, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,115 times
Please educate yourself Katalin, There are over 250,000 Puerto Ricans living in Miami Florida, all of which are highly educated and come from a middle class background. All, technically speaking, Puerto Ricans have more rights to be in Florida, than any other ethnic group, because "Juan Ponce De leon discovered Florida, and he was Spaniard descendant but naturalized Puerto Rican, and further more, in 2014, Puerto Ricans outnumber Cubans in Orlando, Florida, and they are all much more educated and wealthier than the Cubans, so please show some brains and get your facts together

Old 12-23-2014, 01:10 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalao View Post
Please educate yourself Katalin, There are over 250,000 Puerto Ricans living in Miami Florida, all of which are highly educated and come from a middle class background. All, technically speaking, Puerto Ricans have more rights to be in Florida, than any other ethnic group, because "Juan Ponce De leon discovered Florida, and he was Spaniard descendant but naturalized Puerto Rican, and further more, in 2014, Puerto Ricans outnumber Cubans in Orlando, Florida, and they are all much more educated and wealthier than the Cubans, so please show some brains and get your facts together
"Naturalized Puerto Rican"

Ponce de Leon was born in SPAIN. He was SPANISH. Puerto Rican is not, and never has been a nationality. Puerto Ricans are people who live on a Caribbean island, their nationality is American (or Spanish prior to 1898).

Old 12-23-2014, 01:23 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
"Naturalized Puerto Rican"

Ponce de Leon was born in SPAIN. He was SPANISH. Puerto Rican is not, and never has been a nationality. Puerto Ricans are people who live on a Caribbean island, their nationality is American (or Spanish prior to 1898).
Well ... obviously, that poster is not one of the educated Puerto Ricans s/he mentions.

"Naturalized Puerto Rican" was truly funny. Cannot wait to tell that one, and to some Puerto Rico natives I know at that.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:51 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Well ... obviously, that poster is not one of the educated Puerto Ricans s/he mentions.

"Naturalized Puerto Rican" was truly funny. Cannot wait to tell that one, and to some Puerto Rico natives I know at that.
Im waiting for the poster to tell me how I can become a naturalized Puerto Rican since the word naturalized apparently doesent mean what it says in the dictionary

Old 05-24-2015, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobroguy View Post
katalin i don't know what you mean by hardly seeing any...we don't wear name tags! We come in all colors, shapes, sizes, and looks..as black as wesley snipes, and as white as santa claus.

But yes there are lots moving to pennsylvania..i have lots of family in bethlehem, reading, and allentown who moved from the bronx.
i agree totally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City