Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 12:40 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times

Advertisements

I am Russian, and I heard there are a lot of Russians there, as well as Brighton of course. I also heard some people say it is quite ghetto. I will be looking to buy a condo somewhere in BK, and I noticed the lower prices in that area, which I like, as well as abundance of Russians and Russian stores nearby. I also understand that commute to Manhattan might be long, but that's not an issue right now. Schools don't matter either.
I currently live in NJ, and I just moved here from the West coast so I am not too familiar with NY.

Would it be worth it investment wise to buy a condo in Coney Island and what's the area like overall?
Is there good lounges or night clubs close by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 01:52 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
if your russian go to brighton, it is all russian there.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:53 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
do not buy in coney island without living there first, always rent first before buying.
coney island is not really nice, but then everyone has a different standard of life, i think it is ghetto from the word go and i wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:18 PM

615 posts, read 1,676,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolshoi View Post
I am Russian, and I heard there are a lot of Russians there, as well as Brighton of course. I also heard some people say it is quite ghetto. I will be looking to buy a condo somewhere in BK, and I noticed the lower prices in that area, which I like, as well as abundance of Russians and Russian stores nearby. I also understand that commute to Manhattan might be long, but that's not an issue right now. Schools don't matter either.
I currently live in NJ, and I just moved here from the West coast so I am not too familiar with NY.

Would it be worth it investment wise to buy a condo in Coney Island and what's the area like overall?
Is there good lounges or night clubs close by?

I wouldn't recommend buying in Coney Island, but maybe there is a tiny area that MAYBE desirable (???). It's not an area I'd want to live in, much less buy.

You ought to check out Brighton Beach, but the commute into the city is long. I'm not sure about lounges/night clubs.

Best!

ADDENDUM: I just bumped into someone in my work place who lives in Brighton Beach and she confirmed that you want to be in Brighton Beach. She said it is referred as "Little Moscow on the Water". She also said that Sheepshead Bay and Manhattan Beach also have a Russian community. They're all near each other.

Last edited by SummerBabe; 10-06-2011 at 02:30 PM..

Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
I wouldn't recommend buying in Coney Island, but maybe there is a tiny area that MAYBE desirable (???). It's not an area I'd want to live in, much less buy.

You ought to check out Brighton Beach, but the commute into the city is long. I'm not sure about lounges/night clubs.

Best!

ADDENDUM: I just bumped into someone in my work place who lives in Brighton Beach and she confirmed that you want to be in Brighton Beach. She said it is referred as "Little Moscow on the Water". She also said that Sheepshead Bay and Manhattan Beach also have a Russian community. They're all near each other.
Thanks. I will check it out. Is there a lot of young Russians there? I know there is a lot of elder ones. (I'm 25)

Old 10-06-2011, 03:04 PM

615 posts, read 1,676,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolshoi View Post
Thanks. I will check it out. Is there a lot of young Russians there? I know there is a lot of elder ones. (I'm 25)
^^Well, she's in her late 20s, so I'm going to assume there are. I can ask her when I see her again, but I'm not familiar with the demographics of the people that reside in that area (other than knowing it's a large Russian community). I'm assuming if it's a Russian community it encompasses the young and the seniors.

Read this link:

Brighton Beach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You need to come and visit, and get a feel of the neighborhood and its residents.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:11 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,588 times
most of the population in CI is either black or russian/eastern european

Old 10-06-2011, 03:31 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
You know what isssssssss, Black and Russian, Black and Russian, Black and Russian, Black and Russian.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:36 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
You know what isssssssss, Black and Russian, Black and Russian, Black and Russian, Black and Russian.
lmao please my dude stop lol enough of that weak "hip hop" playin on the radio...Bring me some Masta Ace or DITC instead!!! ^^

Old 10-06-2011, 04:03 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
still dingy, and over crowded but somewhat cleaner.

For some odd reason it seems like the rejects of society are all there at once on any given weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City