U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 04:30 PM

6,804 posts, read 4,420,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
i bet the naysayers would never eay from a hot dog or halal cart here....heck don't eat out at all, chock full of germs everywhere! And dont take the nyc mass transit too!

As with halal carts or hot dogs...its ok to eat once in a rare while for self indulgence. That is just my personal stance on it.
Mass transit??? Dude, we're talking about food trucks. I wouldn't eat from a hot dog or halal cart for the same reason i don't eat from a food truck. You also have the NYC elements to consider. Car, truck, bus exhaust hitting the food. I would rather eat in a restaurant.

Where do these guys wash their hands?
How/where do they store/get the food?
If someone sneezes/coughs their nastiness goes right to the food, etc.
What about if the food prepares sneezes or fart near the food???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 07:39 PM

912 posts, read 1,712,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Mass transit??? Dude, we're talking about food trucks. I wouldn't eat from a hot dog or halal cart for the same reason i don't eat from a food truck. You also have the NYC elements to consider. Car, truck, bus exhaust hitting the food. I would rather eat in a restaurant.

They just wash their hands in their ass, but the food is unaffected. Seriously, just relax. You obviously are unfamiliar with the Downtown Los Angeles taco truck scene. Epic fail.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:47 PM

123 posts, read 145,854 times
Stop trying to ruin my appetite for gyros!!!! I love love love them!!!
Anyways for the site, mobile app is the way to go!! Take a persons location and then see what food trucks are nearby!

Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 PM

123 posts, read 145,854 times
And fyi, I witnessed a TGI Fridays emplyee not wash after going to the bathroom in Times Square. So as long as you trust people, you are at risk

Old 02-04-2013, 07:50 AM

4,783 posts, read 4,663,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post

What makes you think that eating in a restaurant automatically resolves these things?

Restaurants still have people who:
-Don't wash their hands
-Sneeze/cough on food
-Improperly store food and are regularly cited for it
-Do exceedingly disturbing things to your food

Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 AM

7,048 posts, read 7,615,394 times
^^that was my point. Eating out in general is usually ALL nasty. karts & food truck maybe a step more nasty on average. Just grow some extra immune system to combat them all like a true new yawker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City