U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 07:02 PM

7,902 posts, read 6,477,538 times

Advertisements

Gotta say, I love reading these threads and seeing the same people who rip Staten Island talking about how the other boros are. I walk my dog around 9pm every night, and hear nothing but crickets. I park my car in front my house, in the same spot, every single day. If my neighbors are going to have a party, it ends at a reasonable time because they have work the next day, or if on a weekend, they have consideration for those of us who live near them. I don't even hear car radios where I live. I have no clue how you guys deal with this type of living and why you think its worth it to live in these 'hoods for ANY reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 07:06 PM

51,238 posts, read 50,519,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
ROFL!!!! Are you kidding me???? These are people with no regard for anyone else, no consideration, nothing. Do you think they care if they blast music all night long? No, it won't die down in the winter. They don't work, they have no reason to turn off their music and go to SLEEP at a decent hour. Nope, they party all freaking night and then sleep all day. Dirtbag scum.

Your best bet is to just move out of there, get into a building on a high floor so you don't have to hear a lot of the noise. Staying in Spanish Harlem will only take a toll on your health and your sanity. What in the HE11 made you move there in the first place??????
And the worst part is, there's only one song. It sounds like the same music being played over and over again--same instruments, same beat. Maybe the words change or something, I dunno.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:11 PM

3,333 posts, read 3,282,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Gotta say, I love reading these threads and seeing the same people who rip Staten Island talking about how the other boros are. I walk my dog around 9pm every night, and hear nothing but crickets. I park my car in front my house, in the same spot, every single day. If my neighbors are going to have a party, it ends at a reasonable time because they have work the next day, or if on a weekend, they have consideration for those of us who live near them. I don't even hear car radios where I live. I have no clue how you guys deal with this type of living and why you think its worth it to live in these 'hoods for ANY reason.
What OP describes is the exception, not the rule.

I'm here in Brooklyn and I've heard loud music (at any hour of the day) less than a handful of times in over 10 years.

I would imagine most neighborhood in NYC are this way.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:19 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times
Leave or learn to deal with it. If you think these folks are going to be fooled by some phony letters by some yuppie West coast transplant think again.

Also 911 calls are probably the last thing you want to do you will be singled out for retaliation. These folks have been living together for years probably generations no one has called 911 before. So here you come and the cops come a calling they will know it was you who called immediately.

My guess is the landlord knows of the loud music so getting out of your lease shouldn't be too much of a problem besides he can jack up the rent for the next sucker.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:57 PM

4,841 posts, read 7,860,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Hey, I never rip on Staten Island. In fact, if I ever decide to move but stay in the city, it would probably be on top of my list.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:14 PM

7,902 posts, read 6,477,538 times
I didn't mean everyone

Old 10-10-2011, 12:26 AM

5 posts, read 7,496 times
The quietest neighborhood in NYC to me is those really nice residential streets in the West Village, if u ever get enough money move there

Old 10-10-2011, 09:42 AM

4,891 posts, read 8,980,277 times
Quote:
ROFL!!!! Are you kidding me???? These are people with no regard for anyone else, no consideration, nothing. Do you think they care if they blast music all night long? No, it won't die down in the winter. They don't work, they have no reason to turn off their music and go to SLEEP at a decent hour. Nope, they party all freaking night and then sleep all day. Dirtbag scum.

Your best bet is to just move out of there, get into a building on a high floor so you don't have to hear a lot of the noise. Staying in Spanish Harlem will only take a toll on your health and your sanity. What in the HE11 made you move there in the first place??????
Without reading the other replies, I would just like to comment on THIS one.

I sense some serious racism here.
...and that's sad that you have to live your life with such hatred in your heart.
You must be a seriously unhappy person.
Try to find some joy in life, rather than posting your insane beliefs to total strangers online.
Maybe you oughta talk to somebody about what's really going on inside you.
Either way----good luck.
Your ulcers are getting worse and you don't even know it.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:50 AM

4,891 posts, read 8,980,277 times
Default ahhhhh....now I understand....

Quote:
As I said in my post, this crap WILL take a toll on your physical and mental health. ....

.. when it comes to my safety and my mental/physical well-being, I'm willing to pay a little more.
Your paranoid!
...or just plain old fraidy scared.
Sure....some areas are unsafe.
BUT YOU DON'T STOP LIVING YOUR LIFE...AND YOU CANNOT LIVE IN TOTAL FEAR LIKE YOU ARE!
http://noloveforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/man-up.jpg (broken link)
http://www.neurotrecordings.com/imag...oob-coward.jpg

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-10-2011 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 10-10-2011, 09:51 AM

614 posts, read 1,404,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Compared to East Harlem it's heaven.
There is always going to be one better and one worse than ANYTHING/ANYPLACE, etc..... However, "Heaven" it is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City