U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 07:13 PM

4,502 posts, read 11,662,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Your paranoid!
...or just plain old fraidy scared.
Sure....some areas are unsafe.
BUT YOU DON'T STOP LIVING YOUR LIFE...AND YOU CANNOT LIVE IN TOTAL FEAR LIKE YOU ARE!
Take a deep breath and THINK before you answer THIS post:

Please tell me where, in any part of your brain or sensibilities, do you find it "OK" for people to blast music all night long until 6 am???? Weekend or not, what makes you think this is "OK" and if anyone disagrees, they're "racist" or "afraid"?? Do YOU think this is "ok"? Would YOU want some inconsiderate scumbags keeping you awake all night because they feel like blasting music?

Please explain your rationale because MANY OF US just don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 08:54 PM

4,891 posts, read 8,982,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Please explain your rationale because MANY OF US just don't get it.
Who else posted that they 'don't get' where I coming from other than you?

Your post just seems like a racist post.
Lot's and lot's of "them"throughout.
I don't know you in real life--so all I can go by is whats written.
Re-read what you wrote.
I don't have to explain it to you--you know who the "them" are that your talking about.
Blacks, Puerto Ricans and Mexicans.
And yeah--late night music stinks.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:16 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,196,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Why would that be the case?

You need to accept that what you wrote and what you allege is oxymoronic.

It's quieter, BUT you still need ear plugs.

If noise is an issue, it makes sense for a person to move where they DON'T need ear plugs---PERIOD!

Got that, ahhhh, 'champ'?
I'm afraid I don't have time to teach the ins and outs of the English language, but I used the comparative tense to demonstrate that there exists a medium ground where he can be in a nearby area and get a quieter lifestyle without any drastic lifestyle changes (nearby neighborhood, similar cost of living, etc...)

If I had used the superlative tense, you may have a point, but I didn't and you don't.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:26 PM

440 posts, read 772,610 times
Quote:
Dude, you do realize that YOU are the minority! Everybody else in the area is ok with it.

So, stop trying to impose yourself, and move to where people give a dmn. Oh! Can't afford that? Well too bad for you. Perhaps you should ask all those people who 'care' in those nice quiet neighborhoods about your plight among the loud and ghetto. Maybe they'll lower the rent just for your non-ghetto self.

Shessh, move to the ghetto and then complain about it being the ghetto.

The OP moves to El Barrio and complains about it being a Barrio!

I was born and raised in south central LA, so "West Coast Yuppie" as you so eloquently put it, I am NOT. People who move here are as diverse as people who already live here. My main point was that in this specific area (by area, I mean my STREET) where I'm living, there seems to be a distinct lack of regard for others. I grew up in the hood and never had to deal with people who had such lack of regard for their neighbors. And no, everybody else is NOT okay with it, they just don't speak up because they don't want to deal with the fallout. The type of people that pump music until 6am are the same type of people that will retaliate against you for asking them to turn it down. Why you decided to go on a defensive rampage in this thread, who knows.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:46 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,942,797 times
Quote:
Dude, you do realize that YOU are the minority! Everybody else in the area is ok with it.

So, stop trying to impose yourself, and move to where people give a dmn. Oh! Can't afford that? Well too bad for you. Perhaps you should ask all those people who 'care' in those nice quiet neighborhoods about your plight among the loud and ghetto. Maybe they'll lower the rent just for your non-ghetto self.

Shessh, move to the ghetto and then complain about it being the ghetto.

The OP moves to El Barrio and complains about it being a Barrio!

I might be reading into this, but it sounds, from these postings that hooligans have taken over a neighborhood and use threats and bullying to enforce their tastes. There are probably others in this area who feel just like the original poster but all are too intimidated to speak out.

People should be entitled to a certain amount of peace and quiet no matter where they live. Don't people have kids there who go to school each morning?

The poster may not be in a minority in his thoughts, just not yet intimidated enough to 'know his place' - yet.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:53 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,942,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Who else posted that they 'don't get' where I coming from other than you?

Your post just seems like a racist post.
Lot's and lot's of "them"throughout.
I don't know you in real life--so all I can go by is whats written.
Re-read what you wrote.
I don't have to explain it to you--you know who the "them" are that your talking about.
Blacks, Puerto Ricans and Mexicans.
And yeah--late night music stinks.
I did not get that at all from his post. I don't think YOU should be implying that all blacks, Puerto Ricans, and Mexicans are loud and obnoxious. Most of these people are just as concerned as anyone else for values and respecting neighbors. He seems to be referring only to trouble makers who make living just a little bit lousier for the rest of us, including the folks you mentioned.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:07 AM

14,814 posts, read 17,417,710 times
Im more worried about the sounds of gun shots or similar compared to some douchebag playing merengue and bachata all night. to the op if you dont like noise I advise you family friendly yuppie areas of nyc like riverdale, uws, ues, hudson heights, brooklyn hieghts etc, however get ready to pay for an arm a leg anf a brain. Also avoid the village its just as noisy as east harlem with all those drunking and barffing transplants.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:39 AM

6,886 posts, read 7,829,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

My guess is the landlord knows of the loud music so getting out of your lease shouldn't be too much of a problem besides he can jack up the rent for the next sucker.
Why get out of the lease ?

The landlord of the tenants in question is responsible for their behavior(s). The law states that all tenants are entitled to what is defined as "quiet enjoyment" of apartments.

The best way to deal with this: Deal with the landlord(s) of the tenants in question, whether it is your own landlord, the one next door, wherever. Begin to establish a paper trail and the landlords in question WILL take action. You can sue them for damages and they are aware of this.

You do not need to call 911 unless it is really bad, but you should call 311 each and every time, filing a complaint. Then, you should begin to visit the appropriate precinct on a daily basis to file complaints and incident reports. If you are on friendly terms with other tenants, or better, if they cannot stand the racket either, call on each other to be witnesses.

Be sure to send all letters certified mail, return receipt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City