U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 03:55 PM

2,665 posts, read 4,693,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtoNY View Post
Apparently there is a hiphop "KIND" music in Russia too like in many countries the way there is European classical music "KIND" in US.
Correct. Russian hip hop been around since 1989, believe it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 04:34 PM

596 posts, read 1,380,393 times
How would the commute be in the morning (driving) from Rego Park to SoHo via the Queensboro Bridge? Is it even possible? How long would it take? Or would it be better to go 278 and take the Williamsburg Bridge? Seems to me that the highway would have a lot more traffic though, and it would require going 495 first and then getting on 278...that's probably a half hour right there by itself.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:11 PM

I would probably need a place with my own dedicated parking spot, but not too many of them are there, especially for my budget of $1000 or less. If I get a place in Southern Brooklyn, Eastern Queens or in SI, which are less crowded, should I still try to find a place with a dedicated spot or I won't have a problem finding a new one every day? Since this might present an issue, which streets in NYC have street cleaning? For example, where I live now in NJ, only certain "letter" streets have that.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:19 PM

Btw, wasap with Corona? Is it ghetto or no?

Old 04-04-2012, 07:50 PM

4,841 posts, read 7,866,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
Somewhat, A guy was shot and killed there a few days ago. It's easily Queens most Hispanic neighborhood [around 70-75%]. Mainly Mexicans, Ecuadorians, Colombians etc.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Somewhat, A guy was shot and killed there a few days ago. It's easily Queens most Hispanic neighborhood [around 70-75%]. Mainly Mexicans, Ecuadorians, Colombians etc.
DaMN, no wonder they got some cheap rents.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:59 AM

1,097 posts, read 1,737,367 times
Quote:
I wouldnt say ghetto, but deff not as nice as Rego Park or Forest Hills. It's heavy hispanic and looks rough. I've walked through with my parents and didn't fear for my life. But to live? No thanks.

And 1000? You can get a studio for like 900 but I doubt there would be a dedicated spot.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
I wouldnt say ghetto, but deff not as nice as Rego Park or Forest Hills. It's heavy hispanic and looks rough. I've walked through with my parents and didn't fear for my life. But to live? No thanks.

And 1000? You can get a studio for like 900 but I doubt there would be a dedicated spot.
Saw a 1 bd with parking in Queens Village for $1000

Old 04-05-2012, 02:48 PM

596 posts, read 1,380,393 times
How would the commute be in the morning (driving) from Rego Park to SoHo via the Queensboro Bridge? Is it even possible? How long would it take? Or would it be better to go 278 and take the Williamsburg Bridge? Seems to me that the highway would have a lot more traffic though, and it would require going 495 first and then getting on 278...that's probably a half hour right there by itself.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:55 PM

3,849 posts, read 7,301,981 times
Quote:
I would probably need a place with my own dedicated parking spot, but not too many of them are there, especially for my budget of $1000 or less. If I get a place in Southern Brooklyn, Eastern Queens or in SI, which are less crowded, should I still try to find a place with a dedicated spot or I won't have a problem finding a new one every day? Since this might present an issue, which streets in NYC have street cleaning? For example, where I live now in NJ, only certain "letter" streets have that.
SI doesn't have street cleaning. I'm not sure about Eastern Queens. I know the more urbanized areas of southern Brooklyn (near the subway) have it, but I'm not sure about areas further out like say, Mill Basin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1981 View Post
Keep it simple. Just take the (R) train to Prince Street. Since it's 2 stops from the end of the line, you should be able to get a seat.

Out of those 2, I guess the second one would be a little bit better because you spend less time on Manhattan streets, but it's really the lesser of two evils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or